RIPPED OFF? Just bought my term from a Dealership and it has a STEEL block! HELP!!!!

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
me laughing at you too! I usually keep my worthless posts to myself, but for this, I can't help it.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
simpsons_nelson_haha-1.jpg

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I bought my 03 Cobra last mo from a dealership and I have just realized it has a steel block while I was porting the Eaton. Should I try to return the car or ask for the correct aluminum block? Will this steel block that I have no idea where it came from hold the same horsepower?
I take it as the Dealership didn't really sell me a Cobra if it doesn't have an aluminum bock. I could have just bought a mustang and saved 8k. What do you guys think? I could really use some help . I am pretty pissed! Thanks!
DSC01884.jpg

Way to research your used car purchase.
Thanks for the chuckles... LOL!

+1 this thread is scary....

Go buy an Aluminator then and stop your whining. Stock block - what a rip off. LOL

lol well F*** thanks guys. I almost made a real ass of myself!
ALMOST???

You don't know 03-04's have an iron block? Wow Yeah Good luck with that home port??

I can't stop laughing hehe homer voice DOH!!!

lol... good one.

echo412

Established Member
You all sound like you knew this fact since the day you were born!!! I don't think so, at some point in your life you learned that these things have an iron block.... well today is OP's "point in life" when he learns 03/04 cobras have iron block in them... relax guys.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
You all sound like you knew this fact since the day you were born!!! I don't think so, at some point in your life you learned that these things have an iron block.... well today is OP's "point in life" when he learns 03/04 cobras have iron block in them... relax guys.

I learned in 02 that the 03's had iron blocks :lol: :bash:

TRBO VNM

Thanks for the laugh. We do the same about different things some point in our lives. But yeah, more research next time and maybe before making a post about it being so pissed off.

96-98 cobras had alum blocks.

deec73

Established Member
This is hiliarious. Its like going and buying a 03-03 Cobra and it having a Pony emblem on the front and you getting home saying, "Hey I want my money back, its supposed to have a Cobra emblem on there." lmao

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
This is hiliarious. Its like going and buying a 03-03 Cobra and it having a Pony emblem on the front and you getting home saying, "Hey I want my money back, its supposed to have a Cobra emblem on there." lmao

lol, I remember a thread popped up about the pony emblem. That guy was a douche :lol:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
We all should've had a PM conference prior to posting and agree with the OP that he should be PISSED that he didn't get the aluminum block! Can you imagine that conversation at the dealership?

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
We all should've had a PM conference prior to posting and agree with the OP that he should be PISSED that he didn't get the aluminum block! Can you imagine that conversation at the dealership?

lol, who know's, the dealership might agree...

Users who are viewing this thread