RIPPED OFF? Just bought my term from a Dealership and it has a STEEL block! HELP!!!!

TRUCKINKID

Established Member
I bought my 03 Cobra last mo from a dealership and I have just realized it has a steel block while I was porting the Eaton. Will this steel block that I have no idea where it came from hold the same horsepower?

DSC01884.jpg

Last edited:

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
03/04's come with cast iron blocks.

Debuting in early 2002, the 2003 Cobra nicknamed the "Terminator" came with a supercharged 4.6 L DOHC engine. The motor was underrated at 390 bhp (291 kW) at 6000 rpm and 390 lbf·ft (530 N·m) of torque at 3500 rpm. The true output of the motor was closer to 430 bhp.[citation needed] Numerous improvements were made to the powertrain and driveline to handle the increase from the previous model year. A cast iron block was used instead of aluminum, with stronger internals including forged Zolner pistons and Manley H-beam connecting rods that were modified with a wrist pin oiling hole by the SVT engine builders. These upgrades were critical in order to support the 8 psi (0.55 bar) of boost delivered from the stock Eaton M11Small Text2 roots supercharger. Other improvements include the use of an aluminium flywheel connected to a Tremec T-56 six-speed transmission, 3.55:1 rear axle ratio and stronger 31 spline half shafts with revised upper and lower control arms. These modifications launched the Cobra from 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds and the quarter mile in the high 12's at over 110 mph (180 km/h). Some have gone as low as 12.4 seconds with a professional driver and good conditions in stock form. Terminator Cobra vs. GT500

For 2003, SVT offered a limited-edition Tenth Anniversary Cobra which featured unique color paint scheme and red leather inserts in the seats.

A definitive history of this model and John Coletti's SVT operations was captured in the non-fiction book Iron Fist, Lead Foot by John Moriarty.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_SVT_Cobra]Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread