Road course compilation from my 2014 GT at Watkins Glen, Limerock, Thompson

dmichaels

Established Member
I have track fever and it's winter, so I pulled together a little compilation of a few clips from the past 2 seasons with my Mustang GT. Few cool cars I got past and a couple that took me :)

[video=youtube_share;cmArHSO6rtw]http://youtu.be/cmArHSO6rtw[/video]

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
always love your threads. a lot of respect those that track their cars. something i can't seem to find the time to do.

dmichaels

Established Member
always love your threads. a lot of respect those that track their cars. something i can't seem to find the time to do.

Thanks - its a blast and I like to think that a couple others might like watching a little track time. Now if only I were faster... ;)

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Nice videos! I love the Glen, just wish it was closer. I run there every June with phoenixcmr.com. You should join us!
One of the best groups I've ever run with.

dmichaels

Established Member
Nice videos! I love the Glen, just wish it was closer. I run there every June with phoenixcmr.com. You should join us!
One of the best groups I've ever run with.

I also love the Glen. Fantastic track.

I might give Phoenix a shot. I started doing a bit of instructing last year and hope to get more involved with it this season, plus balancing days that fit my schedule of course! But I've seen their events on Motorsportreg.com

Hoping to get to the Glen twice this year, once before they repave and once after repaving. Interested to see how the new pavement is

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Hoping to get to the Glen twice this year, once before they repave and once after repaving. Interested to see how the new pavement is

The boot is being paved in July, and the rest of
The track After the nascar race in August. Phoenix cmr's sept date is cancelled for just next year due to the paving, and they will get both their dates back in '16

dmichaels

Established Member
For some reason I thought they were planning to have it re-opened in Sept fully repaved... must have heard wrong.

Also looking forward to trying Palmer in MA though. Little concerned about runout based on the videos I've seen so far, but it looks like a cool layout.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
NICE! ..what tires you run on the track?
Other than the App and a Go-Pro...what else do I need to record my track sessions like this?

Last edited:

dmichaels

Established Member

most of this season I was running sumitomo htr zIII's which are 300 treadwear and really not a road course tires. But they lasted 1100 track miles.

I have now now switched to BFG R1's and have a set of conti scrubs that I'll try next season too

101blur

Established Member
most of this season I was running sumitomo htr zIII's which are 300 treadwear and really not a road course tires. But they lasted 1100 track miles.

I have now now switched to BFG R1's and have a set of conti scrubs that I'll try next season too

Awsome video I need to figure out how to post mine lol.
What tire/rim Demensions do you run..? Also did you notice a big difference from the brake ducts..? Was considering on putting some on my car
Thanks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fun video to watch. I've been to Lime Rock and appreciate the fun you had there. You, sir, have an awesome Mustang. I did, though, like the white Z28. :)

dmichaels

Established Member
Awsome video I need to figure out how to post mine lol.
What tire/rim Demensions do you run..? Also did you notice a big difference from the brake ducts..? Was considering on putting some on my car
Thanks

With the slicks I'm running 275/35/18 square setup. It worked really well the one day I used theme is season. The sumi's were. 275/40/18 rear and 255/40/18 front. The car understeeed a lot with the staggared setup

i love the brake ducting and could not drive the way I do without it. Makes a massive difference on the road courses in keeping temps under control

dmichaels

Established Member
Fun video to watch. I've been to Lime Rock and appreciate the fun you had there. You, sir, have an awesome Mustang. I did, though, like the white Z28. :)

Yep the Z28 is quite the car! I hope to cross paths with one again in 2015 when I'm on more appropriate track tires :)

To the question above about wheels - mine are 18x9.5 all around

dmichaels

Established Member
Other than the App and a Go-Pro...what else do I need to record my track sessions like this?

I use Harry's Lap timer Grand Prix edition on my iphone in combination with the GoPoint BT1 OBDII reader (bluetooth). Harry's syncs up with the BT1 and you get the data recording with the video then can overlay on whichever laps you want. Very easy to use and video comes out quite good!

Users who are viewing this thread