Road Rage(I screwed up)

tvspower

Established Member
Just got my 08 back from Sylvain at BPS....648whp/650tq...... I am 67 yrs old very mature but also do not take any bs...... 1ST time out with my wife in my 08 minding my own business doing 120kms/hr( 70mph) and all of a sudden this dirty ugly suv cuts in front with not signal light....I say to my wife hold on...I back off and suv cuts over to my right. Again he cuts in front of us.....This time I am thinking he is doing this on purpose....My wife defends his action saying he is trying to get around traffic in front...Remember all 3 lanes are full.....Back he went to the right lane again with all other vehicles staying in their lanes....Now he comes back over again even faster with less space....Now my brakes go on and down shift to 4th....So I signal to get into center lane to exit highway and this **** cuts right in front again... Now My threshold has been reached....I followed for 1km and pulled beside him... Yes I grabbed my friend (2 foot black metal bar.....As I am trying to leave my vehicle my wife went crazy and pulled my shirt keeping me in the car and grabbed my pipe...As all this is going on he drives away knowing I was exiting my car.....I let him go and the wife went nuts on me.......After I drove home I was soooo mad I shifted very hard into 5th but I hit reverse...Bang/grind and metal sounds..... I get home calm down and find out I blew reverse out....Took it to my garage here and was told the fork/syno's were shot....... I now know my wife saved me jail time and him a big hurt......I know now I was wrong BUT at the time enough is enough....Told it will cost me about a grand to fix..........Thanks for listening....

Zemedici

Established Member
jesus man.

You shifted so hard you blew past the reverse lockout solenoid? Good lord Hulk. :) Hate to see what you woulda done to old boy with the pipe. Much easier to replace the trans parts than old boys face though. You owe your wife big time.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I didn't realize Canada had road rage. Learn something new everyday.
I am surprised that the reverse lockout solenoid didn't prevent the damage.
Good luck with the repairs.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Not sure what it's like up North, but around here if you approach someone in their car with a pipe you better be wearing kevlar. That being said, I get it - sometimes something in our male brains just shorts out. Glad you didn't end up doing anything really regrettable.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Sounds like your lockout solenoid wasn't plugged in. Learn to shift next time before you get all hot and bothered

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I now know what will happen if I were to accidentally shift into reverse.

I know the rage that builds up when you deal with aholes like that. Just gotta stay cool.

Luckily, your wife saved you from jail time.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Wow time to take the wife out to a nice dinner and get an rx for xanax. Hate to see what you would have done at a car show when a fellow mustang owner door dinged me. Seriously though never do that as most I know carry a firearm in their car so you can see how that would have ended.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Just got my 08 back from Sylvain at BPS....648whp/650tq...... I am 67 yrs old very mature but also do not take any bs...... 1ST time out with my wife in my 08 minding my own business doing 120kms/hr( 70mph) and all of a sudden this dirty ugly suv cuts in front with not signal light....I say to my wife hold on...I back off and suv cuts over to my right. Again he cuts in front of us.....This time I am thinking he is doing this on purpose....My wife defends his action saying he is trying to get around traffic in front...Remember all 3 lanes are full.....Back he went to the right lane again with all other vehicles staying in their lanes....Now he comes back over again even faster with less space....Now my brakes go on and down shift to 4th....So I signal to get into center lane to exit highway and this **** cuts right in front again... Now My threshold has been reached....I followed for 1km and pulled beside him... Yes I grabbed my friend (2 foot black metal bar.....As I am trying to leave my vehicle my wife went crazy and pulled my shirt keeping me in the car and grabbed my pipe...As all this is going on he drives away knowing I was exiting my car.....I let him go and the wife went nuts on me.......After I drove home I was soooo mad I shifted very hard into 5th but I hit reverse...Bang/grind and metal sounds..... I get home calm down and find out I blew reverse out....Took it to my garage here and was told the fork/syno's were shot....... I now know my wife saved me jail time and him a big hurt......I know now I was wrong BUT at the time enough is enough....Told it will cost me about a grand to fix..........Thanks for listening....

pOkUpE9.png

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Usually its rednecks in rusty old Chevy pickups that give me the hardest times, but as far as road rage, I've learned it's easier to just ignore it and let them move on.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I feel your pain and embarrassment. I've experienced similar (never pulled a pipe, though) and my wife always does the same thing your wife did. Her cooler head always prevails. I need to listen to her more and relax more. LOL.

10splaya22

Established Member
Surprised you didn't end up in the hospital with a heart attack...I don't think this is real though. I don't see how you can get that upset. Should have told your wife to give you road head to calm you down.

Users who are viewing this thread