Ronnie's Twin Turbo GT500

CPRsm

Here are more/nicer pics from the shop installing the kit
76ecea1f.gif

e76e2103.gif

0a91f49d.gif

blackpony95

Established Member
Hey Dustin, Toby here. Yea the install is going great thus far. Just going the xtra mile with this one, tucking the wires and such. Should be a bad ass ride once done!! This kit is ****ing top notch, the welds, fitment, overall quality is un-surpassed!! I have done a ton of installs of damn near every brand available on multiple different cars, and this one is by far the nicest I have ever seen!! Ronnie you are gonna love this!!

We plan to install a complete fuel system including pump, rails, supply and return lines, regulator etc. Should be a very safe setup that makes a ton of power!!

CPRsm

Damn son, guess I better send that check out to you huh ? LOL. Thanx man. Happy the attention to detail is not unnoticed. Glad you guys are doing old girl right.

CPRsm

Thanx Jake for helping out big time. Talked to Ronnie today about the car and he's decided to pull the pin. We're gonna see what it will really make. The turbos could be good for 1200rwhp, c16, CJ short block, gt cams and air to air intercooler. Lets see where we end up. Guess's welcome

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Thanx Jake for helping out big time. Talked to Ronnie today about the car and he's decided to pull the pin. We're gonna see what it will really make. The turbos could be good for 1200rwhp, c16, CJ short block, gt cams and air to air intercooler. Lets see where we end up. Guess's welcome

You bet! Looking forward to the end result! :rockon:

CPRsm

whats the total cost in the build?

I dont know honestly. I only flew out to help with the install and get it to its maiden voyage this weekend. Other than what I sold him not sure what he has in it. I'll see if I can find out after the tune and pm you.

blackpony95

Established Member
whats the total cost in the build?

Not real sure what we are going to charge just yet. We went a few xtra steps and did a wire tuck, along with a few other odds and ends. Thus far we are in it for about 55 hours, that is including the wire tuck. Once it is all complete anyone insterested in purchasing this kit can contact me and we can discuss the cost to install. It is very involved, but the end result will be well worth the work.

rlhay2

Established Member
Any updates?

Car has yet to run...

When I paid for the kit 5+ months ago I was hoping to make this event:
[youtube_browser]rPuhTxYtJ0Q[/youtube_browser]

It was fun to watch!
Too bad I was invited, registered for and paid to drive in it.

Hopefully the logistical issues will be resolved in the future.
I am not pointing the finger but I admit my patience grows thin.

Last edited:

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Car has yet to run...

When I paid for the kit 5+ months ago I was hoping to make this event:
[youtube_browser]rPuhTxYtJ0Q[/youtube_browser]

It was fun to watch!

That sucks to hear. Hopefully thing will work out for you in the end.

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
I dont know honestly. I only flew out to help with the install and get it to its maiden voyage this weekend. Other than what I sold him not sure what he has in it. I'll see if I can find out after the tune and pm you.

So how soon does this kit come into power versus the hellion kit with no blower on it? 3000? 3500? 4000? I remember saying what ever you were doing was going to make it spool quiker than anyones kit. So im curious to as how soon it spools and makes decent power?

niceguyyy01

Established Member
Car has yet to run...

It was fun to watch!

I know it's frustrating, but just remember, it takes time to do it right. It's also a relatively new kit, so it is going to take a while to work the bugs out. But should be rediculously awesome when your done.... and then all the frustrating things will be forgotten.:rockon:

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
Car has yet to run...

It was fun to watch!

WHo is doing your install?

CPRsm

So how soon does this kit come into power versus the hellion kit with no blower on it? 3000? 3500? 4000? I remember saying what ever you were doing was going to make it spool quiker than anyones kit. So im curious to as how soon it spools and makes decent power?
IDK honestly hadn't broken it down like that. I was looking forward to testing it directly back to back on Tony's but he changed his mind. I know he said mine made 100 hp more than his on pump. But we didn't really talk about torque too much. Plan is to take it to the same shop, same tuner, same dyno and correction factor to put them head to head that way. This isn't another sneaky pry to get info on your buddies GT now is it ? ;-)

rlhay2

Established Member
Swung by the shop and heard the car run this past weekend!!!
Everything is installed but the exhaust! And it looks DAMN GOOD!!
A few little things to tidy up and then the tuning begins.

WHo is doing your install?

TrueStreet Motorsports in McKinney, TX is doing the work.

Users who are viewing this thread