Ronnie's Twin Turbo GT500

rlhay2

Established Member
Last I heard there was a problem with maxing out the fuel pumps too early and 1050-1100rwhp was all they could get out of them.

Regrettably, this is true. The details of my sad saga with JPC's fuel system can be found here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ple-pump-return-style-gt500-fuels-system.html

Other than being "fuel limited" to ~1000 rwhp on race gas, there have been no issues with the car! Not much else to post as I have yet to make it to the 1/4 and it is just too hot right now.

I did run one of the JoTech GTRs a while back. We ran 3 times and he put it on me in two of them. Lesson learned: Be very wary of AWD cars from anything less than 50mph!! Here's the vid of the two runs I lost:

[youtube_browser]jKg4J7glP14[/youtube_browser]

If you need a good laugh, just read the video comments on youtube!!

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
Gotta love the camera angle the GTR uses to record lol Guess he doesn't have to worry about getting pulled too often.

Get that "fuel limited" issue fixed ;) and turn up the boost. Nice runs either way.

rlhay2

Established Member
Finally made it to the track last night. Unfortunately for me, the track prep was lacking. They were down to just one usable lane and that lane was struggling. I did not get a single run that did not involve spinning off the hit and further down the track.

That said, here is the synopsis:
60ft times were between 1.9 and 2.3 (did I mention the track prep?). The best ET was a 10.9 shutting down at the 1000' mark and coasting through the traps 121mph. The best trap speed was 142mph!

Going to head back in the near future and try it again. Really curious what it can do with a good track.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Race car!

Nice trap buddy. I'm seeing 9s if you don't eat a big breakfast.

Go get em

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3, not an "i" anything.

blackpony95

Established Member
Impressive.

Would a stock 2011-12 engine with stronger rods and arp hardware support these whp levels?

No, not even close! The rods and pistons are weak in those motors. I recently built a 2011 500 with billet crank, billet rods, dss pistons, etc. Put a kb 4.2 on top of it. I was very surprised to see the internals of the new motors.

Regrettably, this is true. The details of my sad saga with JPC's fuel system can be found here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ple-pump-return-style-gt500-fuels-system.html

Other than being "fuel limited" to ~1000 rwhp on race gas, there have been no issues with the car! Not much else to post as I have yet to make it to the 1/4 and it is just too hot right now.

I did run one of the JoTech GTRs a while back. We ran 3 times and he put it on me in two of them. Lesson learned: Be very wary of AWD cars from anything less than 50mph!! Here's the vid of the two runs I lost:

[youtube_browser]jKg4J7glP14[/youtube_browser]

If you need a good laugh, just read the video comments on youtube!!

Glad we could help you out Ronnie! Fuel system is working flawlessly after I made a few changes, it holds strong all the way to 1100+... Had a problem with sucking the rails dry at 1050 rwhp... Enjoy it sir!

rlhay2

Established Member
Well after making 1100rwhp on rods rated for ~900rwhp, my 2013 tax return has been donated to the purchase of proper connecting rods. Going to make a few other subtle changes too...

Parts are now arriving, hopefully more details to share in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread