Ronnie's Twin Turbo GT500

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Stock cams work fine. I wouldn't waste the money. They may work on a blower car but on your car the stock cams are great. IMO.

CPRsm

Stock cams work better than big N/A cams. Having the right EVO event on a turbo is always worth the money. Especially for someone like you with such high back pressure.

CPRsm

More info:

pump gas 15psi = ~720 rwhp

pump gas + torco 18psi = ~830 rwhp

pump gas + torco 23psi = ~970 rwhp (860 rwtq) but we ran out of fuel at 6000rpm :(
Pump gas 12.5 psi =810rwhp. Down 2.5 psi and up 90rwhp LOL
Same tune. Changed the gear to 3.55 from 3.73's. Sent the clutch back because it looked to be slipping bad, and added cutouts before the neck down to the catback. He also now has the fuel system to get a little silly.
ronnieonpump.jpg

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Chow so cold
Holy poopstick!
Those are some INSANE numbers!!!!
Well done sir.....golf clap......well done!

Last edited:

blackpony95

Established Member
yea, car is starting to make really good power. Interested to see at what boost levels the turbos will run out... Hopefully Ronnie will be happy with what we have done..

adidasUNT8

Established Member
Awesome numbers!!! I have a buddy that's running a 4.0 whipple on C16 that's just over 1100rwhp. Crazy time... He said he had half a tank of C16 and the menu said "17 miles to empty" haha...

CPRsm

Ridiculous..... 12.5 psi:beer:
No joke! Now it leaves one to wonder where it came from. The cutouts or clutch. I didn't see anything when I dropped my catback, but it still had the neck downs to 2.5 on there. These cutouts are before that.

yea, car is starting to make really good power. Interested to see at what boost levels the turbos will run out... Hopefully Ronnie will be happy with what we have done..
Can't wait. Sure with those turbines he's going to see every bit of 1200rwhp+

rlhay2

Established Member
Interested to see at what boost levels the turbos will run out... Hopefully Ronnie will be happy with what we have done..

With the cutouts, the car is making 50+ more ft/lbs from as low as 2500 rpm. This should greatly improve the driving experience!

800rwhp on 93 octane pump gas with an extremely conservative timing curve is more than satisfactory! I like the numbers and it looks as if the off-boost behavior has also been improved.

I want to double check that boost reading. If indeed 12.5psi is the correct reading, this thing is silly for what is essentially a bolt on car!!

blackpony95

Established Member
With the cutouts, the car is making 50+ more ft/lbs from as low as 2500 rpm. This should greatly improve the driving experience!

800rwhp on 93 octane pump gas with an extremely conservative timing curve is more than satisfactory! I like the numbers and it looks as if the off-boost behavior has also been improved.

I want to double check that boost reading. If indeed 12.5psi is the correct reading, this thing is silly for what is essentially a bolt on car!!

Yesser, sean told me it was 12.5 but i will confirm that tomorrow. We are tuning with c16 tomorrow on kill mode.. lets see how much power that fuel system and those turbos will let us make!!

Also I doubt the clutch was killing power, it never seemed to be slipping from what i could tell but now its like butter!! Enjoy it my friend!! Many little things to fine tune and make it perfect cant wait till TI!!

rdsnk46

Established Member
Rememer the end of the word is 8 months away you better race it soon or it might be too late!

rlhay2

Established Member
Remember the end of the word is 8 months away you better race it soon or it might be too late!

Believe me, I am all too eager to get this car down a track!
One last hurdle to overcome regarding the float level/fuel sender and this thing will hopefully be wrapped up soon!

CPRsm

ridiculous! those curves are just AWESOME!
Impressed with the boost level. Just waiting on Mr. "Baffle them with bullshit" to come in here and say because "so and so can't do it," that this must be impossible,too. LOL

Rememer the end of the word is 8 months away you better race it soon or it might be too late!
You better hurry up and find something to buy and race Andy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread