Ronnie's Twin Turbo GT500

CPRsm

Been ready....but with the elec rack out now I wanted to make the changes for that, and then just make all the kits that way. Just need to get one in here for that. Ronnies was a production kit.

blackpony95

Established Member
Made a few high boost pulls today on c16. With 26 lbs boost its making just under 1043 hp and 937 tq, but we were running out of maf about 6000, so we will have to up the mafia a notch and recal the maf scale and fine tune it from there. it should be right around 1100 hp and 1000 tq on 26-27 lbs once all sorted out..

More to come.....

BigDan

Established Member
Made a few high boost pulls today on c16. With 26 lbs boost its making just under 1043 hp and 937 tq, but we were running out of maf about 6000, so we will have to up the mafia a notch and recal the maf scale and fine tune it from there. it should be right around 1100 hp and 1000 tq on 26-27 lbs once all sorted out..

More to come.....

Impressive.

Would a stock 2011-12 engine with stronger rods and arp hardware support these whp levels?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
it should. the pistons should be able to hold up, the crank can definitely hold up, and the block can definitely hold up. forged rods + ARP hardware, should have a solid 1000+HP engine!

Impressed with the boost level. Just waiting on Mr. "Baffle them with bullshit" to come in here and say because "so and so can't do it," that this must be impossible,too. LOL
:lol:you and me both man, you and me both!!!

Last edited:

rlhay2

Established Member
Shop just called...muttering something about 1100 rwhp @ 26 psi.
Not bad as the shop temps are in the mid 90s today.

Had to yank the stock MAF. It would peg even with the Diablo.

The new BA5000 (identical to the HPX) appears to be working well.

CPRsm

Damn that's a stout little shortblock. So were they really muttering or were having trouble hearing while jumping up and down? Thems some nice numbers. I know you already have unsuspecting races lined up lol. Congrats man! :beer:

rdsnk46

Established Member
You better hurry up and find something to buy and race Andy!

I've had this car 16 yrs. this was a new best last week spinning 1.48 60' 10.0 @ 140.72

RDSNK46 - YouTube

Sorry off topic! RDSNK46 is this Red 4.6 Cobra Terminator swap, Whipple, G-Force T-56 and a 50 shot for good measure. Carry on!

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
What's with the granny shifting?

Lol! I had been chasing a few bugs and that was the first decent pass out of her. I dont powershift but rather speedshift. I spun all through 1st. and shifted 2nd. looked up and saw the 60'. My mind saw a 9 sec. pass but she broke up a little in fourth so I didnt press it.

rlhay2

Established Member

CPRsm

See if I can get him in here for stories/pics. I think he has some more invitational racing to go to soon and has done some racing in Mexico :lol1:
Last I heard there was a problem with maxing out the fuel pumps too early and 1050-1100rwhp was all they could get out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread