Roush TVS Install

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
not to thread jack but i have a sorta similar situation going on with my paxton install. i had to drain enough coolant until the oem overflow tank was empty so it could be removed and now near the end of install all the instructions say to do is refill the new coolant tank with the previously drained fluid and put the cap back on. im guessing if they didnt give any instructions to do anything more than that i should be fine? :shrug:

oh and awesome car op. tvs looks awesome!! :beer:

Yes, that would be fine. If you saved what you drained out, then just put it back in and you are set. The coolant systems on these cars are essentially self purging, eliminating air bubbles almost completely on their own.

deepsouthtech

Established Member
I just filled them up. Didn't have any trouble with air pockets, etc. Nothing like the pita my 96 cobra was.

That is great Alex! Can't wait to hear your impressions. I drove mine a little to let it warm up and make sure that there wasn't any air in the coolant system but didn't get into any boost. I can say that the tune from Justin so far drives just like stock or even better (seems smoother).

I got the tune from Justin knowing that I would probably have a wait, so I am glad that I have gotten it already.

kevinp

Established Member
I would never suggest running re gapped stock plugs on a boosted application. You should be running a step colder plugs gapped around .032 or .030.

Like I said I ran the re-gapped stock plugs for 8000 miles with the blower on it for over a year, Roush suggests it.

Never seen any signs of detonation and the car ran just fine even with the 82mm pulley, but I do use a pretty mild tune, if you are tuning close to the edge or over 9psi a colder plug would be a good idea of course.

One thing I do notice with them is they come out quite a bit darker after a thousand miles, curious to see how they hold up after 3000 miles in regular driving.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Incorrect. Vacuum filling refers to pulling a vacuum on the entire coolant system, then allowing the vacuum to pull coolant into the system, keeping air bubbles in the system to a minimum.

Geesh. Ever think there may be more than one way to use vacuum to fill a coolant system?

implosive

Established Member
same, i'm running regapped stock plugs with my edelbrock at 5psi. Haven't had any problems as of yet.

deepsouthtech

Established Member
Got to do some driving today with the stock pulley and I am very impressed and have a big smile on my face. ;)

deepsouthtech

Established Member
Slight updates.

Car makes a solid 9.5psi with JLT and 85mm pulley and I am very happy with the power. Drives like a champ. Only thing I have noticed that is slightly different than stock is that it drops down to idle a little slower than I like when coming to a stop. Hasn't bothered me enough to ask or call Justin about it though.

2012-03-08_17-45-44_236.jpg

Added my catch can back

2012-03-16_13-49-03_973.jpg

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Only thing I have noticed that is slightly different than stock is that it drops down to idle a little slower than I like

Probably just all the additional spinning metal:) How does the car sound, can you hear the blower?

kingnut

Established Member
i thought i heard adding a aftermarket CAI made the roush scream

trumpet

Established Member
Wow, definitely not going to fit. Suppose they were meant for one of the other hoses? You can always go to autozone or somewhere similar and pick up some hose looming.

If you don't ever put the sleeves on, is it really going to hurt anything? Mine are currently not on. Am I hurting anything?

Thanks

alex12gt

Established Member
i had about 12hrs total on mine taking my sweet time and really only 9.5 psi with 85 and jlt? im making that with the stock pulley

deepsouthtech

Established Member
My bad. 82mm pulley with JLT and yeah only 9.5 psi

It *may* hit 10psi but to be honest when at 10psi my eyes are focused on the road as much as possible.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Despite their claims to the contrary, the JLT barely adds any power with these. Mine only picked up 2-3 which is basically nothing at all.

trumpet

Established Member
Slight updates.

Car makes a solid 9.5psi with JLT and 85mm pulley and I am very happy with the power. Drives like a champ. Only thing I have noticed that is slightly different than stock is that it drops down to idle a little slower than I like when coming to a stop. Hasn't bothered me enough to ask or call Justin about it though.

2012-03-08_17-45-44_236.jpg

Added my catch can back

2012-03-16_13-49-03_973.jpg

I have also noticed the rpms taking a little longer to drop to idle when coming to a stop. Other than that, it drives great. The only thing I need now is more tire.

Users who are viewing this thread