Roush TVS Install

deepsouthtech

Established Member
I would say that I beat you Alex, but alas I still need coolant and to swap plugs.

2012-03-02_13-54-19_117.jpg

2012-03-02_13-54-24_604.jpg

Anybody know what they are referring to in the manual about "vacuum filling" the coolant?

The JLT intake seems like it is going to take some massaging to get it to fit right. Doesn't seem to play ball well with the heat shield.

davidhuff

Established Member
I would say that I beat you Alex, but alas I still need coolant and to swap plugs.

2012-03-02_13-54-19_117.jpg

2012-03-02_13-54-24_604.jpg

Anybody know what they are referring to in the manual about "vacuum filling" the coolant?

The JLT intake seems like it is going to take some massaging to get it to fit right. Doesn't seem to play ball well with the heat shield.
Wow, your install looks like it came from the factory.
Congrats,enjoy your new HP!

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Vacuum filling means filling the reservoir and pulling a vacuum on the return line to "suck" fluid through the system.

I'll admit mine was very easy. I filled the reservoir, started pump, it sucked down, shut off before it went empty (wife worked key for me), filled up, repeat. It primed right up, filled easily and been fine since.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Wow, your install looks like it came from the factory.
Congrats,enjoy your new HP!

Email JLT directly on the figment of the JLT intake. If im not mistaken, he installed one of these exact blowers on his car. Or perhaps jay can chime in here.

alex12gt

Established Member
What size injectors are you running? And looks good im waiting for my gb matched jlt to show up
but its on back order so ive got a tune to run the factory airbox until then

deepsouthtech

Established Member
47lb injectors for now. I think that I may be able to get intake squared away. Didn't have a lot of time to fiddle with it.

alex12gt

Established Member
And you going to run a small pulley ...hmm may look into that but ill see what it throws down first im oping for around 600

deepsouthtech

Established Member
Going to run an 82mm. Justin says that I am good on the 47's for now, but going to start looking into fuel upgrades.

deepsouthtech

Established Member
IT IS ALIVE!

Running on stock plugs for now, just started it up and let it idle to get warm and fill coolant.

kevinp

Established Member
I wish Justin would send my tuner and tunes. I've been waiting since January. :shrug:

I would be on the phone, thats over a month..

If you re-gap stock plugs they are fine to run on.

+1

I ran my stock plugs for a long time with both the 82 and 90mm, just recently changed to the colder NGKs, mostly because they were free ;)

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Vacuum filling means filling the reservoir and pulling a vacuum on the return line to "suck" fluid through the system.

I'll admit mine was very easy. I filled the reservoir, started pump, it sucked down, shut off before it went empty (wife worked key for me), filled up, repeat. It primed right up, filled easily and been fine since.

Incorrect. Vacuum filling refers to pulling a vacuum on the entire coolant system, then allowing the vacuum to pull coolant into the system, keeping air bubbles in the system to a minimum.

If you re-gap stock plugs they are fine to run on.

I would never suggest running re gapped stock plugs on a boosted application. You should be running a step colder plugs gapped around .032 or .030.

Mike50

Established Member
I wish Justin would send my tuner and tunes. I've been waiting since January. :shrug:

It took me a month to receive mine, but I kinda pestered him after about three weeks through email. If you haven't contacted him about it yet, just shoot him a friendly "hey, where's my order?" email. I get the impression that he is just very busy trying to do a lot by himself.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
It took me a month to receive mine, but I kinda pestered him after about three weeks through email. If you haven't contacted him about it yet, just shoot him a friendly "hey, where's my order?" email. I get the impression that he is just very busy trying to do a lot by himself.

I hope to catch up with him at NMRA on Sunday. All is good, I haven't had time to install the SC in the last 6 weeks. But next week is looking good. no more 12 hour days 7 days a week at work for a while.

davidhuff

Established Member
I know Justin of VMP Tuning is a great guy,but waiting on a tune for over a month is no way to run a company.JMO

bullittrevor

Established Member
Incorrect. Vacuum filling refers to pulling a vacuum on the entire coolant system, then allowing the vacuum to pull coolant into the system, keeping air bubbles in the system to a minimum.

not to thread jack but i have a sorta similar situation going on with my paxton install. i had to drain enough coolant until the oem overflow tank was empty so it could be removed and now near the end of install all the instructions say to do is refill the new coolant tank with the previously drained fluid and put the cap back on. im guessing if they didnt give any instructions to do anything more than that i should be fine? :shrug:

oh and awesome car op. tvs looks awesome!! :beer:

Last edited:

alex12gt

Established Member
Got mine started at 830 still on jack stands geting the bumper back on and taking it out for a spin
Tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread