S/C Heads Cam C6Z vs VMP TVS Cobra?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Ill take the Z all day long in this run. Heads and Cammed LS motors are down right nasty, add a blower and from a roll that Z will be tough to take down. I think you stand a better chance at the track from a dig.

BMR Tech

People are underestimating the potential of 10 yr old Ford Mustang technology.

Once you get 100K+ miles on these things, they move well with tons of assistance shoved down their cylinders!

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
That Z should be making 670+rwhp. From a 40-140 roll given equal driver's, my money is on the Z.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
What if the Vette owner shifts a little slower?

Then anything is possible. Most of us are giving our opinions assuming both drivers are equal. There are way to many variables that come into play. With both running their best and equal drivers, the Z should pull out the win. Now go out there get him on the jump, nail your shifts, and get the upset. Just because I voted for the Z does not mean I want the Cobra to lose :).

BMR Tech

Will do!

It's a good thing a lot of you guys aren't closer, there would be a lot of people losing money. ;)

Prototype007

Established Member
Nothing against the OP, but if the mods mentioned is all that is truly done to both cars then I'm going with the Corvette as the winner.

Now if the OP has a high compression and/or stroker setup with his E85 with some cams, then I'd be more in his favor. Or if the car weighed about 800 lbs. less than when it rolled off the showroom floor!

BMR Tech

The Cobra has a stock engine, T56, and IRS. 114K miles.

It has a TVS @ 20psi. and a 50 dry shot. It is also on E85.

Of course, it has all the supporting mods - clutch, exhaust, fuel system etc.

It also has some suspension goodies, and some RaceStar "Big and Littles" with a 275/60-15 Drag Radial.

The only weight reduction is the wheels, and a tubular K-Member. No coilovers, a-arms, etc - it has the OEM A-Arms and some OEM front Springs.

Prototype007

Established Member
I just don't see the race ending in your favor, but feel more than free to make a believer out of me! :beer:

DietCoke

Slow Turtle
Established Member
z06 should freight train. it should be in upper 800s hp wise with those mods. A healthy h/c C6 Z06 should make ~600 n/a. Thats a 140-145mph car n/a

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread