S/C Heads Cam C6Z vs VMP TVS Cobra?

Coyote Killer

Established Member
A heads,cam,intake,SUPERCHARGED c6 zo6 can NOT lose to a cobra, its not even a fair race. Why would the vett. Owner waste his time?

12gt500

Established Member
I'll do my best. :burnout:

it is really hard to judge this. since you have a snake i think all of us here can agree we are "boys" but that being said those *&%$# c6z's are fast especially modded. because of a c6z i put 30k plus in my car (i have a thread on the gt500 forum) and with current mods be right at 850-900 rwhp on e85. i said all that to say this. with the gt500's (don't know if it is different with a 03/04) they say you have to have 100 rwhp more to hang/slightly beat a c6z.

but i like the whole "underdog" scenario because you can prove more. that being said i am going to take the terminator just because it sounds like you are really confident in it. there must be a reason why!!

BMR Tech

it is really hard to judge this. since you have a snake i think all of us here can agree we are "boys" but that being said those *&%$# c6z's are fast especially modded. because of a c6z i put 30k plus in my car (i have a thread on the gt500 forum) and with current mods be right at 850-900 rwhp on e85. i said all that to say this. with the gt500's (don't know if it is different with a 03/04) they say you have to have 100 rwhp more to hang/slightly beat a c6z.

but i like the whole "underdog" scenario because you can prove more. that being said i am going to take the terminator just because it sounds like you are really confident in it. there must be a reason why!!

Good post!

Bet on Ford. I urge you to make some side bets, so I can make you some money. :thumbsup:

BMR Tech

A heads,cam,intake,SUPERCHARGED c6 zo6 can NOT lose to a cobra, its not even a fair race. Why would the vett. Owner waste his time?

I see you are in Tampa. Not sure what you drive, apparently a "Coyote Killer"....but if you wanna join the fun, LMK!

Coyote Killer

Established Member
I see you are in Tampa. Not sure what you drive, apparently a "Coyote Killer"....but if you wanna join the fun, LMK!

Yes , I'm in the tampa area, I'll join in soon as I can. I see by your mods and track time that you have a good runner,BUT a c6 zo6 is a factory super car, that has been heavily modified, It's just out of your league. If the vett. Bothers to run you,PLEASE film it, just so other mustangs learn from your mistake. (no offence)

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
My h/c C6Z made 590whp, and trapped 133-135mph. I have vids of me walking away from 700whp+ 03/04 Cobra's from a roll. Many factors determine the outcome of a race, but if the C6Z is setup properly and has traction then it will run away from the Cobra up top. Go race and see what happens, catch it on vid so we can all enjoy it.

h/c C6Z vs 700whp+ Cobra
http://www.streetfire.net/video/2010-zr1-vs-heads-cam-c6-z06-vs-ysicams-04-cobra_1387027.htm

h/c C6Z vs 700whp+ Shelby
http://www.streetfire.net/video/c6-z06-vs-whipple-gt500-09-ctsv-vs-sc-99-gt-ws6_726975.htm

Last edited:

wastntime

Established Member
I think it would be a close race but the vette would pull on it up top. This is my opinion since I have owned both cars with similar mods. My TVS powered cobra made 650 whp on E85 low boost with stock headers. Granted it was a vert that weighed over 4000lbs with me in it. I just sold the car last month. My Z06 has a 6psi pro charger kit and made 570whp on 93 weights 3400 with me. No cam and stock heads on my vette. The vette just keeps pulling and is geared a lot different. Both are bad ass in there own way.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Power to weight ratio and aerodynamics are a pretty big deal especially from a roll, I think you'd be a better race for just a 600 WHP H/C/I c6z. Having a supercharger on top of that is going to be tough to overcome in the triple digits. You're best chance is to build your car to be a dig monster and call him out from a dig.

However, if he's a piss poor driver then anything is possible.

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
He'd better have some good tires on that Vette! That Vette should be a 145mph car. However, I've seen a h/c Vette with a 2.9 whipple go 10.ohs @ 140 so you'll be right in the mix with that 50 shot

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Heads cam AND boosted plus the weight advantage, I'd go with the vette. I still want to see that race though.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Wait.

So it takes 790rwhp in a 3900lb Cobra, to out accelerate a 600rwhp N/A Vette? :??:

From the VAST threads on cobras vs vette, it seems like the theory is cobra Must have 120-150rwhp to beat said corvette if I remember correctly. :shrug:

So in this case IF this vette made 750ish rwhp then the cobra would need about 900 give or take some ponies. :rolling:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong....

BMR Tech

Wow, those were some fun runs!

Should have video soon. If Mofo doesnt post it within the next day or two, I will post a teaser from my Go Pro.

That Vette is FAST!

Users who are viewing this thread