S/C Heads Cam C6Z vs VMP TVS Cobra?

BMR Tech

Too many variables to say. Powerband and tires plays a big role in that race. Way too much torque on the hit for the vette to overcome if he doesn't have a good driver and good tires.

Sadly most vette owners are noobs and have no clue how to race their cars..

I guarantee I smoke that vette from a dig and I'm sure I make 250 less hp than he does and weigh 500lbs more, but does that mean anything? No, not really...a W is a W though so congrats to you.

Noob vette owner=baby seal

On paper it sounds like a great race but in reality it's a no contest. 40-140 is the cobra's race--always has been.

There was a line of vettes at FL2K with blowers and all kinds of racket coming from under their hoods so I walked up and ask which one was the fastest. They all pointed to the guy standing by the red Z06 and I asked him if he wanted to race or just stand there and he said "na man, we don't race"... that alone epitomizes nearly ALL corvette owners..

Find more respectable cars to race with quality drivers.. overpowered noob Z06's=yawn

I beat 2013 Shelby mustangs with street tires and a 100 shot. lol that isn't saying much though..

Let me list a few facts here:

-Agreed race was 40-140 / I ended up agreeing to start from 45.
-Z06 Driver has more seat time in his car, than I do mine.
-Z06 Driver tried betting money on this race - I declined several times.
-My Cobra spun the tires / I dont believe the Vette did.

So, regardless of your points within your post - the Vette had just about every advantage possible going into this race. Apparently, two shifts can cause a car with a heavy advantage, to perform poorly. Sorry, but the vid doesn't show 2 second long shifts from the Vette.

If you would like a chance to drive his car, I could see if a rematch could happen. Heck, I will even throw some money down. You would have a better chance from a roll in this Vette, against my Cobra, than your old Vette with the 200 shot Nitrous combo. ;-)

Last edited:

my13Elenor

Established Member
I think the Shelby would win as long as it had traction, but it would probably end up being a driver's race.

That's what a buddy of mine said he has a full bolt on zo6 he's getting ready to do heads and cam, I have a full bolt on 13 with BMR suspension and MT 305's
We raced a couple of times from a second gear roll I jumped out 1/2 car and when I hit third I started to pull pretty hard on him,,,I love all muscle cars we are all fortunate to have them! (side note he was by himself and I had 150pds. worth of boys in the car,,,my sons,,lol,,,coming home from the local drag strip!!!

Last edited:

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Blue Z06 that was at Cars and Coffee this past Saturday?? It has H/C and blower...

stangfreak

Established Member
curious to see this video. cobra spun you said right?

My buddy had a c6z06 with a heads cam intake package with a supercharger at 5lbs of boost. I would have never raced that car. It was so damn violent. That car once it took off, it was as if the hand of god just came down and pushed it. very very aggressive cam

Blown02

Established Member
Sadly most vette owners are noobs and have no clue how to race their cars..

I guarantee I smoke that vette from a dig and I'm sure I make 250 less hp than he does and weigh 500lbs more, but does that mean anything? No, not really...a W is a W though so congrats to you.

Noob vette owner=baby seal

There was a line of vettes at FL2K with blowers and all kinds of racket coming from under their hoods so I walked up and ask which one was the fastest. They all pointed to the guy standing by the red Z06 and I asked him if he wanted to race or just stand there and he said "na man, we don't race"... that alone epitomizes nearly ALL corvette owners..

Find more respectable cars to race with quality drivers.. overpowered noob Z06's=yawn
watchout.. theres a new breed of z06 owners :burnout:

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
He'd better have some good tires on that Vette! That Vette should be a 145mph car. However, I've seen a h/c Vette with a 2.9 whipple go 10.ohs @ 140 so you'll be right in the mix with that 50 shot

when it comes to c6z's I never go by what they trap in the quarter. from a roll those cars are just different animals. A bolt on c6z, two mods, will stay neck and neck if not edge out a typical 19lb twinscrew 03 cobra. It is what it is. There beasts from a roll. I would rather race those vettes from a dig

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Then how did I see one at a Publix grocery store parking lot beside the A1A in Daytona Beach two Sundays ago?

If it wasn't headed to, going from or at a GM sponsored show off event then you didn't see a C7 Z06.

Maybe a C7 but not a C7 Z06

And your neighbor doesn't have one unless he works for GM.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

It's all in mofos hands!

He text me last night, saying he was working on it...so...

03cobrarocks

Established Member
During this encounter, it was just about 4100lbs with my passenger.

With me in the car (raceweight), and a full tank, the car was 3880~. This was on our 4-corner scales. I try to always run with close to a full tank.

Unfortunately, I have more weight addition....than reduction. I am working on that though. I want my next track outing to be a good one. :rockon:

put that hoe on a diet!

I got tubular front end, solid axle, take out spare when racing, never have more than 3/4 tank gas and make sure and take a massive poop before I run.

It helps trust me!

Users who are viewing this thread