S/C Heads Cam C6Z vs VMP TVS Cobra?

BMR Tech

I'm sure the vid will be up soon.

I will say this, I want a Vette now. Such awesome cars.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Lol the "number" of horsepower you need over a c6z gets bigger and bigger each time I see a thread about this.

Probably people seeing videos of cobra owners starting in 3rd at 40 - 50 rolls

BMR Tech

Lol the "number" of horsepower you need over a c6z gets bigger and bigger each time I see a thread about this.

Probably people seeing videos of cobra owners starting in 3rd at 40 - 50 rolls

Not sure.

Here is mofo, when he made 505rwhp, racing a stock C6Z (2:15~in vid)

S/C'd GTO vs N20 vette 03 cobra vs c6 Zo6 mofo production - YouTube

Here is mofo, at 630rwhp - racing a bolt-on / cammed C6Z

C6 Z06-Modded CL55AMG-Whipple Cobra-SPray'd Cobra - YouTube

The Vettes definitely move, but, the claims of anything over 100 hp difference, tends to be a little on the high side IMO.

my13Elenor

Established Member
My h/c C6Z made 590whp, and trapped 133-135mph. I have vids of me walking away from 700whp+ 03/04 Cobra's from a roll. Many factors determine the outcome of a race, but if the C6Z is setup properly and has traction then it will run away from the Cobra up top. Go race and see what happens, catch it on vid so we can all enjoy it.

h/c C6Z vs 700whp+ Cobra
2010 ZR-1 vs Heads & Cam C6 Z06 vs YSI/Cams 04 Cobra by Speeds8erM1 - Car Videos on StreetFire

h/c C6Z vs 700whp+ Shelby
C6 Z06 vs Whipple GT500, 09 CTS-V vs SC 99 GT, WS6 by Speeds8erM1 - Car Videos on StreetFire

How do ya think a 13 Shelby with full bolt ons would fair on a H/C full bolt on Z?

Last edited:

BMR Tech

I do not think a C6 making 100 less rwhp than my Cobra, could out-accelerate it. I believe it would have to be within 50, or less. Traction for traction, driver for driver.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Too many variables to say. Powerband and tires plays a big role in that race. Way too much torque on the hit for the vette to overcome if he doesn't have a good driver and good tires.

Sadly most vette owners are noobs and have no clue how to race their cars..

I guarantee I smoke that vette from a dig and I'm sure I make 250 less hp than he does and weigh 500lbs more, but does that mean anything? No, not really...a W is a W though so congrats to you.

Noob vette owner=baby seal

On paper it sounds like a great race but in reality it's a no contest. 40-140 is the cobra's race--always has been.

There was a line of vettes at FL2K with blowers and all kinds of racket coming from under their hoods so I walked up and ask which one was the fastest. They all pointed to the guy standing by the red Z06 and I asked him if he wanted to race or just stand there and he said "na man, we don't race"... that alone epitomizes nearly ALL corvette owners..

Find more respectable cars to race with quality drivers.. overpowered noob Z06's=yawn

I beat 2013 Shelby mustangs with street tires and a 100 shot. lol that isn't saying much though..

BMR Tech

What does your cobra weigh?

During this encounter, it was just about 4100lbs with my passenger.

With me in the car (raceweight), and a full tank, the car was 3880~. This was on our 4-corner scales. I try to always run with close to a full tank.

Unfortunately, I have more weight addition....than reduction. I am working on that though. I want my next track outing to be a good one. :rockon:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member

With me in the car (raceweight), and a full tank, the car was 3880~. This was on our 4-corner scales. I try to always run with close to a full tank.

Unfortunately, I have more weight addition....than reduction. I am working on that though. I want my next track outing to be a good one. :rockon:

Kind of going the wrong way with that. LOL

No worries as it seems to be working for you!

12gt500

Established Member

ok sooooooo what happened????

BMR Tech

ok sooooooo what happened????

It was close. No slaughter, thankfully.

Although I spun the tires on both runs (on the hit, through 2nd) and the bottle pressure dropped severely on the 2nd pass - I gave the Vette a great battle!

I think the Vette owner, as well as myself, were both impressed by the performance.

Video to come!

BMR Tech

I'd also like to add....my passenger told me later that night that he was surprised at how crappy I drove my car. I actually couldn't believe he told me that, but we are good friends. He said that he has never seen me drive so poorly. It was the first time I have ever used nitrous on the street, so, maybe that had something to do with it.

I am just full of excuses!

Users who are viewing this thread