S2000 vs. 2007 Shelby GT500

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
I love the comment about which car america would pick (ford or honda), the answer is pretty simple and very closely related to the sales of american cars today.

Look at the build quality of the gt500, its a complete turd.

props to the s2k, beautiful car.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
MissionMan said:
I bet you've never been in a GT500. :nonono: My car doesn't squeak, rattle or make any other noises it's not supposed to. All of my interior panels line up and don't have huge gaps (go check out your car, I know my cobra had gaps inside) The outside panels line up, my hood closes from a 3" drop, etc. I could go on for days. The quality of materials used inside is also much better than anything with a mustang name on it before.

Sideways, I'll race you...we can go from a dig or a roll on street radials.

Quik Z06

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
Sideways, I'll race you...we can go from a dig or a roll on street radials.

Sweet!! Thats what im talking about...Sideways please do us the favor and set up this race and someone bring a video camera. I mean this is the perfect race cant get any better than this.

Wild Bill

Established Member
MissionMan said:
I love the comment about which car america would pick (ford or honda), the answer is pretty simple and very closely related to the sales of american cars today.

:loser: Like you have a GT500 or have even seen one in person to know the build quality!Maybe america chosses honda because we have a lot of immigrants over here.Lots of them here in vegas and very few drive domestic.If your so in love with the S2000 then get one.I guess your cool though because its cool to be anti american these days.As for me I wouldnt be caught dead in a honda!

PhotonSabreX

Motor City Slicker
Established Member
carrrnuttt said:
All this "gay-car" talk led me to some funny results, courtesy of Google:

Gay-Friendly Car Companies - from gaywheels.com

Honda isn't on that list, but Ford sure is.

Ten great gay cars for 2003

The Top 10

• Jeep Wrangler
  • Subaru Outback
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • BMW X5
  • BMW 3-Series
  • Saab 93
  • Mazda Miata
  • Ford Mustang
  • Ford Ranger
  • VW New Beetle

But then again, to some of the children in here, your car is what makes you, not the other way around. Due to this, I hope none of you drive model year 2003 Mustangs...

Dude, if you want to get technical, there's no room for doubt that your "gay" Mustang is a white v6 convertible. I don't think a single person here on SVTP has one of those. :bored:

I am, however, surprised at the presence of the Ranger on that list.

Wild Bill

Established Member
I dont feel like reading through these 8 pages,is this guy really claiming to get 450rwp on a totally stock S2000 @ 13lbs?Does he think we were born yesterday?Any supercharged S2000 owners in Vegas can hit me up anytime to run my ported cobra.

TEABG

Banned
Sideways said:
It's rearwheel hp. The software for the computer requires a correction factor to be added to give flywheel hp. Notice the total CF is 1.0

The 452 rwhp pull ended up at 12.8 psi. The new belt was stretching.

I am local, want to test out your S2000 against my Cobra?

TEABG

Banned
MissionMan said:

Honda is not one of the top (3) US car makers. Leadind sales is an AMERICAN CAR COMPANY!!!!!

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
ive seen 4 gt500's in ne ohio, the build quality is comical IMO. orange peel in the paint, vinyl decals/stripes (they dont even paint them on), 4X4 ride height, panel gaps.....the list goes on.

Last edited:

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
i could care less if its faster, if i was paying $60k for a car, it wouldnt look like it was half assed.

p.s.- nice video and good run.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
MissionMan said:
i could care less if its faster, if i was paying $60k for a car, it wouldnt look like it was half assed.

p.s.- nice video and good run.

As a Ford tech back in the 70's, I worked on countless generations of Mustangs. I restored and currently still own a Gen I Mustang.

I've owned Mustangs for the last 40 years. I also have an SN-95 2000 Cobra R.

IMHO the new GT500 is the most rigid, best riding, fastest, best handling, highest build quality of any Mustang in the last 42 years.

I'm just not sure where you're getting your information from? If you don't like how the stripes are applied and how they overlap in a couple areas, paint them on yourself? I'm sure you'll do a much better job? I don't even consider complaints about the striping a legitimate complaint when it come to a car done as well as this one is? FWIW

Thanks for the props on the vid! ;-)

eci

Banned
MissionMan said:
ive seen 4 gt500's in ne ohio, the build quality is comical IMO. orange peel in the paint, vinyl decals/stripes (they dont even paint them on), 4X4 ride height, panel gaps.....the list goes on.

$100,000 AMG Mercedes have orange peel in the paint. No factory paint job is as good as a custom. What's your point?

Klay

Established Member
MissionMan said:

I fail to see how 4x4 ride height is associated with build quality but the stripes not being painted doesn't make the vehicle any cheaper any my opinion.

MissionMan said:

The only thing comical is the fact that you are bashing a Cobra and raving about a piece of shit Honda on an SVT forum :rollseyes

Since the S2K cannot compare to the GT500, you try and make it look bad by using the typical ricer excuses of "better quality" and "higher reliability. Pathetic.

eci

Banned
Domestic Demon said:
The only thing comical is the fact that you are bashing a Cobra and raving about a piece of shit Honda on an SVT forum :rollseyes

Since the S2K cannot compare to the GT500, you try and make it look bad by using the typical ricer excuses of "better quality" and "higher reliability. Pathetic.

Don't forget the very important performance metric "horsepower per liter"

eci said:
Don't forget the very important performance metric "horsepower per liter"

Oh yea of course, ricers love to use that one too.

Apparently if your shitty 4 banger makes more HP/L than a V8, you automatically win :rolleyes:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I'm still waiting for a box stock S2000 to come up to Road America in October to get spanked like a redheaded stepchild by a box stock GT500?!?! Don't forget, the GT500 weighs twice as much and some like to refer to it as a pig or turd! :lol:

I'm waiting!! :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread