S2000 vs. 2007 Shelby GT500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almo

Established Member
So you're seeing 450 RWHP @ 13 pounds with a SC'er on your 4 cy. At 13 pounds???? :lol1:

Again, like my previous post, the graph is stating Flywheel HP... 450 to the flywheel isn't 450 RWHP! And if it is true you only have 450 at the flywheel, then you aren't killing the cars you have posted about. Doing the math here... 450 crank HP through a S2000 drivetrain might yield you 395 to the wheels and still then a stock Z would still end up pulling you.

Sideways said:
As the owner of the S2000 in the story I would like to say thank you for the many complimentary posts.

Some clarifications to your doubts seem in order. I beat him by more than two lengths. It was a 2 length pull in forth gear.

The car is currently making 450 rwhp at 13 lbs boost.
index.php

It did happen and there were several witnesses.

Sideways

Faster than you.
Established Member
Almo said:
So you're seeing 450 RWHP @ 13 pounds with a SC'er on your 4 cy. At 13 pounds???? :lol1:

Again, like my previous post, the graph is stating Flywheel HP... 450 to the flywheel isn't 450 RWHP! And if it is true you only have 450 at the flywheel, then you aren't killing the cars you have posted about. Doing the math here... 450 crank HP through a S2000 drivetrain might yield you 395 to the wheels and still then a stock Z would still end up pulling you.

It's rearwheel hp. The software for the computer requires a correction factor to be added to give flywheel hp. Notice the total CF is 1.0

The 452 rwhp pull ended up at 12.8 psi. The new belt was stretching.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, this is still going on? Sideways I think you should just meet up with some local 03-04 Cobras and do a few quick runs with them and let them post their thoughts, that would end this :)

Almo

Established Member
Sideways said:
It's rearwheel hp. The software for the computer requires a correction factor to be added to give flywheel hp. Notice the total CF is 1.0

The 452 rwhp pull ended up at 12.8 psi. The new belt was stretching.

So you're making 452 RWHP on 13 pounds of boost in a 4cy?

If you don't mind, post your mods here please?

Almo

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Lol, this is still going on? Sideways I think you should just meet up with some local 03-04 Cobras and do a few quick runs with them and let them post their thoughts, that would end this :)

The only thing I find hard to believe is an S2000 making 452 WHP @ only 13 pounds of boost. I recall him being on a stock block so again, I find this extremely hard to believe especially with a Centrifigual SC'er. :shrug:

I guess some people are just more gullible than most.

Almo

Established Member
Shaking my head, I just don't get it.

13 pounds with some timing on a engine might get you 150 -175 more HP... but that equated to an engine that is pushing 240 to the crank. Lets give him 200 more HP at the crank with 13 pounds and 4 or 5 more degrees of timing.... that would be 440 at the crank and that through the drivetrain will be more in the upper 300 range. Oh and for giggles, 13 pounds isn't going make 200 HP for a 4cy. SORRY!

Last edited:

C6 Z06

Established Member
Almo said:
Shaking my head, I just don't get it.

13 pounds with some timing on a engine might get you 150 -175 more HP... but that equated to an engine that is pushing 240 to the crank. Lets give him 200 more HP at the crank with 13 pounds and 4 or 5 more degrees of timing.... that would be 440 at the crank and that through the drivetrain will be more in the upper 300 range. Oh and for giggles, 13 pounds isn't going make 200 HP for a 4cy. SORRY!

Where have you been hiding Allen!:beer:

Almo

Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
Where have you been hiding Allen!:beer:

Trying to save my money seeing how the new Zs aren't cheap... least to some of us. :p

I like your hood, was checking one out the other day on a C5 and was wondering what it would look like on a C6 Z. Interesting... :coolman:

How you been? :beer:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Almo said:
Oh and for giggles, 13 pounds isn't going make 200 HP for a 4cy. SORRY!

+1

Hell, the EVO with the GT35R on the Smackdown thread made 475+ whp with like 35 psi on a 4 banger.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
ZnusNV said:
Cory,

I'll agree to that.

...and I'll agree to racing on a closed track.

PM me when your car is finished.

We can discuss all details then.

:beer:

the clutch is done, and its broken in, or will be in 30 miles.

how much $$ are we talking about about here?

cory

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
i raced a s2000 yesterday...he kept bugging me so i thought i'd show him what a real car is like. I easily put 15 cars on him from 80-125. it was hilarious.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
+1

Hell, the EVO with the GT35R on the Smackdown thread made 475+ whp with like 35 psi on a 4 banger.

That EVO driver should go back to his tuner with a pistol because he wasted his money. At 35 psi he should have way more power than that and if you isn't running a rebuilt block......BOOOOOOOM

Sideways

Faster than you.
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
i raced a s2000 yesterday...he kept bugging me so i thought i'd show him what a real car is like. I easily put 15 cars on him from 80-125. it was hilarious.

As you should have. :thumbsup:

Almo said:
The only thing I find hard to believe is an S2000 making 452 WHP @ only 13 pounds of boost. I recall him being on a stock block so again, I find this extremely hard to believe especially with a Centrifigual SC'er.

High boost with a higher compression ratio (tuned to no knock) certainly gives more horsepower than low compression with the same boost. Did you expect less horsepower with a stock block instead of a built up lower compression block?

Almo

Established Member
First and real quick... ZnusNV, you had your car dyno'ed and what boost are you running?

Sideways said:
As you should have. :thumbsup:

High boost with a higher compression ratio (tuned to no knock) certainly gives more horsepower than low compression with the same boost. Did you expect less horsepower with a stock block instead of a built up lower compression block?

LOL... did you read that somewhere and automatically think you will gain another 100 RWHP because of the compression? Your not telling me anything dude, I have been around the block several times...

That said, let me try and get this straight...

Looking at this link and considering these are your basic bolt-ons and the dyno'ed power you would gain to the wheels, give or take a few... http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/0405it_2001_honda_s2000_dyno/

Sideways, your saying you are gaining 250 RWHP by adding a Vortech and running it at 13psi and on a 4 cy to beat it all?

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Last edited:

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
sawman70 said:
You're kidding right? You can't compare a rotary to OHC or OHV engine. Whole other ball game. Wenkels are the devil.

Also, seems like some of the S2000 / ricer guys need their c*ck sucked or something because they managed to buy a car. A feat so daring and different that they deserve a gratis suck off from all of us on the sight. My God, they found the dealer on their own and actually managed to purchase a Honda, I'm already on my knees.

Lets pitch in, get a hooker. No two hookers, one to do the deed while the other rubs herself and says great things about Honda and it's owners. If that is what it takes to end this, I'll put some money up.

yea a honda is still a honda no matter how fast and what not..

honda ='s :xpl:

however not all imports deserve this status..
subarus rule :pepper:

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
Almo said:
First and real quick... ZnusNV, you had your car dyno'ed and what boost are you running?

LOL... did you read that somewhere and automatically think you will gain another 100 RWHP because of the compression? Your not telling me anything dude, I have been around the block several times...

That said, let me try and get this straight...

Looking at this link and considering these are your basic bolt-ons and the dyno'ed power you would gain to the wheels, give or take a few... http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/0405it_2001_honda_s2000_dyno/

Sideways, your saying you are gaining 250 RWHP by adding a Vortech and running it at 13psi and on a 4 cy to beat it all?

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Sideways:

High compression motors cannot run high boost because of that.. the reason you build a low compression motor to run forced induction is so you can run more boost and make more power..
don't give us import builders a bad name for pete's sake.. :cuss:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
All this "gay-car" talk led me to some funny results, courtesy of Google:

Gay-Friendly Car Companies - from gaywheels.com

Honda isn't on that list, but Ford sure is.

Ten great gay cars for 2003

The Top 10

• Jeep Wrangler
  • Subaru Outback
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • BMW X5
  • BMW 3-Series
  • Saab 93
  • Mazda Miata
  • Ford Mustang
  • Ford Ranger
  • VW New Beetle

But then again, to some of the children in here, your car is what makes you, not the other way around. Due to this, I hope none of you drive model year 2003 Mustangs...

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
Sideways kill stories are hillarious... few full of shit but hillarious not the less. I like the Cerrear GT one the best.

Note to self... when accessing the import forums, remember... when you put a kill in a post it becomes true. This could be fun! :rollseyes

Quik Z06

Established Member
Almo said:

Haha, if you want to say im gullible thats cool, but thats coming from someone that has never seen his car. Again...I have seen this car in person. Ive seen him a a road course pulling away from exotics like they were standing still. Heres what I think...since some of you Cobra owners are from SoCal why dont you guys try to meet up and check out his ride. Find a nice deserted place and get a few runs in, damn it really is that simple. If he doesnt pull you as hard as he should have you can talk all the $hit you want but if you get pulled, dont run and hide, post up the results. Im not trying to be an ass, but do it and get it over with. If I was closer to Sideways Id run him, or if hes ever in the area or nearby maybe we can meet up and I would get it on vid. Anyways thats just my .02 cents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread