Status
Not open for further replies.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
SC ZX3 said:
Thanks Dr. Phil :cryying: :cryying:
Dude...seriously...just shut up.
If you want to be an S2000 apologist, then register over there and start posting.
If people don't want to like the car, on SVTPerformance.com, they don't have to like the car.
You running around chastising them for it makes you look like a fool. :kaboom:

And if the guy with 10 posts can't post, then neither can the guy with an '87 Fox body. :rollseyes
S.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Like you mentioned the conciderably less cubes are a huge factor in talking about woverine, he's running a 331 stroker motor compared to a 2.0 or 2.2l depending on the year. Though power to weight would play a factor, bigger + forced induction will out do the smaller + forced induction( and probably more revs).

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
yboost said:
You have "ONE" performance vehicle in the Ford lineup! WOW! The GT 500 is not a high performance vehicle. It weighs 4000+lbs, cant handle and can barely break 12's with 500hp. That is not what I consider a performance vehicle.

Look at the characteristics of the S2000. Imagine if Honda puts 500hp in a 2700lb vehicle. Say bye bye to C6 and Ford Gt. The S2000 already handles right up there with the best of them. Hell it even out slaloms, out brakes and out perform every category there is besides the 1/4 mile against the Gt500. IMO, this is pathetic!

Do you know how much strain on the chassis 4000lbs is going around a corner. Imagine what the brakes feel like after a couple of laps. If you honestly feel a gt500 has a chance against an S2000, you are sadly mistaken.

Bring a stock hon-duh S2000 to Road America, Watkins Glen or VIR and I guarantee you I will spank it like a redheaded stepchild with a stock GT500!!!

;-) :lol: :p

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
Snorman said:
Dude...seriously...just shut up.
If you want to be an S2000 apologist, then register over there and start posting.
If people don't want to like the car, on SVTPerformance.com, they don't have to like the car.
You running around chastising them for it makes you look like a fool. :kaboom:

OK there boss, maybe you should go back and read what was posted before opening your mouth again, it wasnt about people liking the car...fool :rolleyes:

And if the guy with 10 posts can't post, then neither can the guy with an '87 Fox body. :rollseyes
S.

:shrug:

WTF are you talking about?

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Cobra04 said:
Like you mentioned the conciderably less cubes are a huge factor in talking about woverine, he's running a 331 stroker motor compared to a 2.0 or 2.2l depending on the year. Though power to weight would play a factor, bigger + forced induction will out do the smaller + forced induction( and probably more revs).

Like I said granted he has the cubes. Or as the old saying goes "there is no replacement for displacement."
However once Willie can nail that damn car down...my money will be on him.
Last I recall he was full weight(I could be wrong though),a/c, heater, full sound system. And I forsee that Dart block lasting a little longer at 30 pounds than the stock s2k block.

Anyways it was just supposed to be an "enjoy the turbo" post..not a pissing match :)
But whoever wants to turn it into a pissing match..its on them.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
I cant believe this thread is this long, geez. We are talking about a GT500 vs a s2000, the cars are not in the same class. Do they still make s2000's? I would like to enlighten some of the s2000 folks out there, GT500's are runnin low 12's at 115+ bone stock. Add a pulley, exhaust, intake and your looking at Low 11's high 10's with bolton's. Will they hang with a s2000 around the corners? Maybe, maybe not. The car was built for the drag, not the corners.

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Bring a stock hon-duh S2000 to Road America, Watkins Glen or VIR and I guarantee you I will spank it like a redheaded stepchild with a stock GT500!!!

I wouldnt doubt it on tracks like those, they have very long straights and the power of the GT500 would most likely be too much for the S2000.

A better track would be the streets of willow, or buttonwillow raceway...:beer:

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
ScottsMach03 said:
I cant believe this thread is this long, geez. We are talking about a GT500 vs a s2000, the cars are not in the same class. Do they still make s2000's? I would like to enlighten some of the s2000 folks out there, GT500's are runnin low 12's at 115+ bone stock. Add a pulley, exhaust, intake and your looking at Low 11's high 10's with bolton's. Will they hang with a s2000 around the corners? Maybe, maybe not. The car was built for the drag, not the corners.

Thats what I've been trying to get across to these people, they are different cars with different purposes, and both are good at what they are supposed to do.

But everyone got bent out of shape b/c a modified S2000 beat a stock GT500, trying to say that its not fair. I'm glad you can actually see what we've been trying to say...

:beer:

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
2-slow said:
Thats not going to help. He will still kick some ass.

We will never know unless it happens, but the S2000 would have a better chance on those 2 tracks than on ones with straights 3000+ft long...

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
ScottsMach03 said:

that would be fine, IF all the roads in the US were straight.. unfortunately, they aren't.. some of the funnest roads I know of are nothing but hair pin county and switchback city.. would the GT500 be fun on a road like that, sure, would the S2000 hell yes..

and for Nick, IN THE REAL WORLD, something without perfect roads, I'd take the IRS in the 03/04 Cobra any day of the week over the "high tech" stick axle in the S197 Mustang..

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Silver2003Cobra said:
that would be fine, IF all the roads in the US were straight.. unfortunately, they aren't.. some of the funnest roads I know of are nothing but hair pin county and switchback city.. would the GT500 be fun on a road like that, sure, would the S2000 hell yes..

and for Nick, IN THE REAL WORLD, something without perfect roads, I'd take the IRS in the 03/04 Cobra any day of the week over the "high tech" stick axle in the S197 Mustang..

Not real sure what your point is in this post. I guess your trying to point out how dominating the s2000 is around the curves then a GT500. You must have misread my post, or read too far into my post, i dont know. What i was stating was that the GT500 is meant for the straight, and the s2000 is meant for the curves.

Just to add to your post, not all the roads have curves either. It all depends on what the person is looking for in a car. I'd much rather go down a 1/4 in 10 sec at 130+ then go around some curves. If i wanted to go around some curves then i wouldn't jump into a s2000, much rather jump into a c6, or on a Yamaha R1 :rockon:

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
SC ZX3 said:
Its lasted plenty of dyno pulls and street/track time, an engine with 11:1 compression running around with 14psi on 93 doesnt last long unless the tune is dead on. Its certainly proved its durability with 30psi on C16 on the factory long block.

Americans pick japanese cars for their build quality, good fuel economy, and for their superior resale value, cant say the same thing for our mustangs can we?

:read:

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing i've had the displeasure of reading.

If he put a good amount of money/time/effort into making that s2k what it is, UNLESS he is trying to single handedly test the durability of the stock engine, that is f|_|cking stupid. Stud the motor, quality HG would do wonders. It would be the failsafe for that dead on tune. That should be the first thing that was done. When that engine goes its gonna go BIG With stock internals, thats a waste of a perfectly good block and alotta man hours. The cars a bomb. $4k+ for the turbo kit i'm assuming. So what's 400-500 for pistons and gaskets?

EDIT: He prolly knew what he was doing I take that back cause all a quality head gasket and studs would do would be to FURTHERMORE promote the twisting of the rods which its gonna be the big bang. NM SORRY!

I'll admit I'm shocked the factory bottem end held up for even 1 dyno pass, let alone with a dead on tune, something doesnt seem right about FACTORY Honda bottem ends, 11:1 compression, and 30 PSI regardless of fuel. I'd like to see some links. You make it sound like 2JZ internals. I'll admit i don't know these cars, but thats some feces.

Last edited:

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
ScottsMach03 said:

No they're not. As said in S2Ki, those times gotten from MM+FF will never be duplicated on the street because of the driving skill, and track prepping involved. Racing your way would put your mach 1 in the 12.99 territory. And my 5.0 stock in the high 13's from every stoplight in America.

Last edited:

Klay

Established Member
SC ZX3 said:
You dont really have any room to call ANYONE a troll with your 10 posts. And where the hell did you come up with your logic? Are you trying to say that just because honda doesnt have a 500hp motor, that they are incapable of developing one? :lol1:

Thanks Dr. Phil :cryying: :cryying:

My point is that Honda DOES NOT have a 500 hp currently and engines aren't developed overnight. So my statement is true since they DO NOT have a 500 hp engine, not that they aren't capable of building one.

What type of world do you live in? I guess you could say something to me about my 10 post if I was trolling like yourself, yet I'm not the one here talking like the s2000 is godly and trying to force my opinion on others.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
ac427cobra said:

I would certainly hope so. Golly gee...a 5.4 liter supercharged V8 vs. a 2.2 liter normally aspirated I4. Who'd a thunk it?!:smmon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread