S2000 vs. 2007 Shelby GT500

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZnusNV

Established Member
Snorman said:
Looks like RedneckBMX'er has a KB on his car. I'd take that race in a second.

Those S2000's are neat little cars, but even with a blower (particularly a centrifugal), I think they'd seriously have a hard time against a twin-screwed '03/'04 Cobra.

Nice kill that "Sideways" had on the GT500. I'm not sure why everybody is so pissed off about it. :shrug:

And, uhh, the elitist attitude of some S2000 owners in the thread over on S2ki is kinda' funny. Those aren't $75,000 cars...it's a ~$30k Honda sports car.

Anyways, neat little cars. Honda should have put a turbo on those little buggers. As well as they handle, it would have been a blast!
S.

The Kenne Bell? Sounds like I made a bad choice. But I won't take it back now. The challenge still stands.

I'll take my chances. If I get beat, I get beat. It should be an easy acceptance on BMXer's part. Everyone here knows he is probably putting down more power than me.

I'm just waiting for him to PM me.

I raced a KB 04 Cobra out in Rockville. Silver Convertible. The guy's name is Emilio. He claimed to be putting down 6 and some change to the wheels.

As far as the S2ki guys talking trash...Yea, I agree. There are some elitist guys on that board. But there are also many good and knowledgeable folk. It is about the person behind the wheel.

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
ZnusNV said:
That analogy is incorrect in so many ways that it pains me to begin the analysis for you.

And to your other point...

Supercharged vs. Supercharged.

One is supercharged after the fact, the other is supercharged from the factory. So what.

We are even getting S2000 Trolls now!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF:nonono:

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
bad360rt said:
Do you know if he's run it at the track with 620whp? That's some crazy power on a high compression, stock engine. :thumbsup:

On pump gas making 430whp, he went 12.0@125 on regular street tires with a 2.4 60'

:beer:

TEABG said:
We are even getting S2000 Trolls now!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF:nonono:

He's been signed up for months and has a decent post count, how is that trolling???

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
ZnusNV said:
The Kenne Bell? Sounds like I made a bad choice. But I won't take it back now. The challenge still stands.

I'll take my chances. If I get beat, I get beat. It should be an easy acceptance on BMXer's part. Everyone here knows he is probably putting down more power than me.

I'm just waiting for him to PM me.

I raced a KB 04 Cobra out in Rockville. Silver Convertible. The guy's name is Emilio. He claimed to be putting down 6 and some change to the wheels.

As far as the S2ki guys talking trash...Yea, I agree. There are some elitist guys on that board. But there are also many good and knowledgeable folk. It is about the person behind the wheel.

You do know redneck is 17 years old and he would be betting with his parents money right?

331SC

EGO Sum Deus
Established Member
bad360rt said:
Same reason people like me mod trucks to be fast, sleepers rule! :thumbsup:

But we have more respect for you then an S2000 owner bad. :beer: :lol1:

If you want to mod an S2000. Cool but i could care less. I would find a 600 hp vw beatle more interesting.

Last edited:

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
331SC said:

If you want to mod an S2000. Cool but i could care less. I would find a 600 hp vw beatle more interesting.

Why do you have more respect for him and none for sideways? He didnt come on here talking shit and putting down the GT500. Even on the S2Ki forum, what he was saying wasnt half as bad as what those others were saying, its not like he's a total asshole towards mustangs, he doesnt have the "My S2K shit dont stink, but everyone elses does" mentality.

I'm sorry you could care less, but it wasnt posted in hopes of getting your approval. I never took you for this kind of guy, from your other posts, you seemed like the kind of guy who appreciates fast cars no matter what badge they have. Considering you put a bunch of money into a T-Bird, but I guess your no better than the rest of them...

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
SC ZX3 said:
On pump gas making 430whp, he went 12.0@125 on regular street tires with a 2.4 60'

Not bad at all. Tell him to get some sticky tires and run it on race gas :thumbsup:

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
331SC said:

While I love V8's and wouldn't want anything else (except maybe a V10 ;-) ), I appreciate anything that's fast, regardless of make/model or # of cylinders :thumbsup:

Quik Z06

Established Member
^ And thats what this board is for "enthusiasts" which is why I dont see how peolpe get bent out of shape over it. Were all car people or we wouldnt be on here, we should be able to appreciate all cars no matter what make/model etc.

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
bad360rt said:
Not bad at all. Tell him to get some sticky tires and run it on race gas :thumbsup:

He'll definately need stickies for his next combo, he's switching over to a GT42R :eek:

He's already building a cage, a parachute mount, and a wheelie bar for it!

Hopefully I'll get to see it at baytown when its done...

Nick85

Banned
If Redneck loses he'll offer to fight you behind his school for 50 dollars......no bullshit.

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
a shelby gt500 losing to a gay mans car... right.

Sure your S2K may be fast... but it can't outrun gayness. I'll still take the shelby.

oh, and last but not least, don't forget... you still drive a HONDA!!

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
^ Haha sorry...But really, if thats not gay I dont know what it. "Oh you still drive a Honda" Lol what do you drive a Ford? I mean c'mon yeah I like my Cobra but its not a damn Ferrari or anything exotic, damn people get over it already....WHO CARES!!! Its not the last time a GT500 will lose.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Nick85 said:
If Redneck loses he'll offer to fight you behind his school for 50 dollars......no bullshit.

Hey not everybody can get trap speeds of 80mph in the 1/8th like you can buddy :loser:

Last edited:

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
^ Haha sorry...But really, if thats not gay I dont know what it. "Oh you still drive a Honda" Lol what do you drive a Ford? I mean c'mon yeah I like my Cobra but its not a damn Ferrari or anything exotic, damn people get over it already....WHO CARES!!! Its not the last time a GT500 will lose.

uh Ford makes high performance vehicles, Honda makes nothing but economical gas saving 4 bangers. Need I say more?

And you don't even drive a fkn Ford. You drive a Mitsu-bitchy and *gasp* a CHEBBY, ROFL.

yboost

Established Member
svtcobra2k3 said:
uh Ford makes high performance vehicles, Honda makes nothing but economical gas saving 4 bangers. Need I say more?

And you don't even drive a fkn Ford. You drive a Mitsu-bitchy and *gasp* a CHEBBY, ROFL.

You have "ONE" performance vehicle in the Ford lineup! WOW! The GT 500 is not a high performance vehicle. It weighs 4000+lbs, cant handle and can barely break 12's with 500hp. That is not what I consider a performance vehicle.

Look at the characteristics of the S2000. Imagine if Honda puts 500hp in a 2700lb vehicle. Say bye bye to C6 and Ford Gt. The S2000 already handles right up there with the best of them. Hell it even out slaloms, out brakes and out perform every category there is besides the 1/4 mile against the Gt500. IMO, this is pathetic!

Do you know how much strain on the chassis 4000lbs is going around a corner. Imagine what the brakes feel like after a couple of laps. If you honestly feel a gt500 has a chance against an S2000, you are sadly mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread