S2000 vs. 2007 Shelby GT500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
This thread reminds me of that one post where that heavily modded turbo Camaro beat a brand new stock Ford GT.

As mentioned before, anything can be made fast if you throw enough money at it.

With that being said, nice kill for the S2000. However, a few simple mods done to the stock Cobra is all that is needed to change that outcome.

End of story. Now we can all move on with our lives. =-)

Last edited:

331SC

EGO Sum Deus
Established Member
Isn't there a rice burner convention you all should be attending? :D

I await your snide remarks about my car.

Last edited:

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
ford5.0forlife said:
That is quite possibly the dumbest thing i've had the displeasure of reading.

If he put a good amount of money/time/effort into making that s2k what it is, UNLESS he is trying to single handedly test the durability of the stock engine, that is f|_|cking stupid. Stud the motor, quality HG would do wonders. It would be the failsafe for that dead on tune. That should be the first thing that was done. When that engine goes its gonna go BIG With stock internals, thats a waste of a perfectly good block and alotta man hours. The cars a bomb. $4k+ for the turbo kit i'm assuming. So what's 400-500 for pistons and gaskets?

He owns his own fabrication shop here in houston, so the kit cost him materials plus his time.

I'm not sure why he's going so far on the factory shortblock, but maybe because he doesnt feel the need to upgrade something that doesnt need to yet? What I do know is that he said that once he gets a built engine ready, he will take his current one higher :eek:
He has already ditched the air/water IC and is going with one that flows enough for 1000hp, and he's going with a GT42R turbo. BTW he is tuning with an AEM EMS.

EDIT: He prolly knew what he was doing I take that back cause all a quality head gasket and studs would do would be to FURTHERMORE promote the twisting of the rods which its gonna be the big bang. NM SORRY!

I'll admit I'm shocked the factory bottem end held up for even 1 dyno pass, let alone with a dead on tune, something doesnt seem right about FACTORY Honda bottem ends, 11:1 compression, and 30 PSI regardless of fuel. I'd like to see some links. You make it sound like 2JZ internals. I'll admit i don't know these cars, but thats some feces.

No problem, everyone who hears of his car questions its validity. Here is a link to his site
http://www.jg-fab.com/

He goes by JG-Fabrications on honda-tech :beer:

adrock3217

300bhp/ton said:
I'll be honest I don't know much about the Honda engines, but 450rwhp from a 2.0 with a supercharger. Nah I don't beleive that, not on anything resembling factory internals or regular octane fuel.

I suppose you've never heard of the Mazda 13B (1.3liter) rotary engine..

800rwhp on a 1.3 :-D Fun fun fun!

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
ScottsMach03 said:
Not real sure what your point is in this post. I guess your trying to point out how dominating the s2000 is around the curves then a GT500. You must have misread my post, or read too far into my post, i dont know. What i was stating was that the GT500 is meant for the straight, and the s2000 is meant for the curves.

Thats what I've been saying. ;-)

Just to add to your post, not all the roads have curves either. It all depends on what the person is looking for in a car. I'd much rather go down a 1/4 in 10 sec at 130+ then go around some curves. If i wanted to go around some curves then i wouldn't jump into a s2000, much rather jump into a c6, or on a Yamaha R1 :rockon:

Have you ever been in a car setup for open track with a driver that knows what he's doing? Its quite an experience, I used to be just like you, caught up in the 1/4 mile, but now I'm all about carving corners. And there are much better vehicles to track in than a C6 or an R1, or an S2000, what would you REALLY want to drive in?

2814v

Established Member
Darn, everybody's panties are all bunched up over this. So some dude has a bada$$ s2k, good for him. He does have a big head and seems to enjoy showing other cars up, it dosnt sound like he enjoys the race just the victory. But there are faster cars, always are. Did we forget the turbo minnivan that was puting a hurtin on so many hot rods a while back.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
SC ZX3 said:
Thats what I've been saying. ;-)

Have you ever been in a car setup for open track with a driver that knows what he's doing? Its quite an experience, I used to be just like you, caught up in the 1/4 mile, but now I'm all about carving corners. And there are much better vehicles to track in than a C6 or an R1, or an S2000, what would you REALLY want to drive in?

I dont know, If i really had it my way, just throw me some keys to a Enzo, I would be happy.:rockon: :beer:

Badasp5.0

Established Member
Snagged said:
This thread reminds me of that one post where that heavily modded turbo Camaro beat a brand new stock Ford GT.

As mentioned before, anything can be made fast if you throw enough money at it.

With that being said, nice kill for the S2000. However, a few simple mods done to the stock Cobra is all that is needed to change that outcome.

End of story. Now we can all move on with our lives. =-)

+1

Thank you.....

Klay

Established Member
adrock3217 said:

LoL, you are comparing a rotary engine to a normal one. The actual displacement is higher for a rotary engine overall because its 1.3 per side of the triangle thing (can't remember what it's called).

it really isn't a big deal that the s2000 won but the guy seems pretty cocky as do most of the guys at the other site. They act like it's easy to beat a gt500 even though this guy is heavily modified.

ZnusNV

Established Member
RedneckBMXer24 said:
hey, and ill tell you how much boost im running, and whether or not im on the stock internals, if you do the same.

i honestly think this might be a pretty close race, if your running enough boost, considering you weigh 1000# less than me.

cory

Cory,

I'll agree to that.

...and I'll agree to racing on a closed track.

PM me when your car is finished.

We can discuss all details then.

:beer:

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
adrock3217 said:

You're kidding right? You can't compare a rotary to OHC or OHV engine. Whole other ball game. Wenkels are the devil.

Also, seems like some of the S2000 / ricer guys need their c*ck sucked or something because they managed to buy a car. A feat so daring and different that they deserve a gratis suck off from all of us on the sight. My God, they found the dealer on their own and actually managed to purchase a Honda, I'm already on my knees.

Lets pitch in, get a hooker. No two hookers, one to do the deed while the other rubs herself and says great things about Honda and it's owners. If that is what it takes to end this, I'll put some money up.

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
adrock3217 said:

Firstly that isn't a 2.0 litre engine running a supercharger.

Secondaly rotary engines work very differently and CAN NOT be directly compared. To piston engines. Hence the current RX8 might have a small capacity but even in a lighter car it has worse mpg than a LS1 and only makes 230bhp.

Plus are you seriouosly trying to claim a 1.3 rotary engine with 800bhp is streetable (on pump fuel) and reliable :lol: :lol:

Wankel engines have been notorious for reliability issues since their conception, the RX8 is no different and still consumes oil nearly as fast as it does fuel.

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
:bored: S2000s are still one of the most feminine looking cars on the road. :smmon: If this guy is here in Newport Beach or Hunington area, he needs to try and race some of the other cars out here who are not stock like himself. Some of the cars that cruise on PCH are insane. I believe there is a guy on this forum with a silver C5 Z06 with a C5R motor in it around here that would have no problem walking 'Sideways' S2000.

LedVenom281 said:
:bored: S2000s are still one of the most feminine looking cars on the road. :smmon: If this guy is here in Newport Beach or Hunington area, he needs to try and race some of the other cars out here who are not stock like himself. Some of the cars that cruise on PCH are insane. I believe there is a guy on this forum with a silver C5 Z06 with a C5R motor in it around here that would have no problem walking 'Sideways' S2000.

Agreed. I think S2000's are pretty gay, why would you pay that kind of money for a car with a gutless 4 banger. My lawnmower makes more low end power than that thing. Seriously.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
I'll be honest I don't know much about the Honda engines, but 450rwhp from a 2.0 with a supercharger. Nah I don't beleive that, not on anything resembling factory internals or regular octane fuel.

A single turbo S2K that was on the cover of Super Street last year made over 800 whp on a fully built and balanced engine. The car was insane no question about it. For a 2.0 litre engine that's respectable regardless.

That was on C16 fuel though.

Almo

Established Member
I am not reading every post in this thread but will say this.

About 5-6 months ago, I ran a SC'ed S2000 (guy was cool, said he was putting down 360 to the wheels) from a roll and where it was quick, it had nothing on my KB Cobra.

Also, SIDEWAYS, on the graph you posted, looks to be like it is laid out and converted to flywheel HP. What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread