Sad day......

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
WOW Kurt I'm really sorry!! This is terrible!! Scary for sure man!! I hope that you can figure out WTF happened.. That car has kinda been cursed from the beginning :(... I hope you get yourself into another Cobra soon though man!

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
WOW Kurt I'm really sorry!! This is terrible!! Scary for sure man!! I hope that you can figure out WTF happened.. That car has kinda been cursed from the beginning :(... I hope you get yourself into another Cobra soon though man!

thanks chris!!!
this car has definitely been cursed from day one and i thought she was finally fixed........
someone was definitely watching out for me that night!!! i must have a purpose here :shrug:
time to move on though.....decisions-decisions

mrose75

Established Member
Ugh.... I do NOT like seeing pics like that. Especially DSG/MG Cobras.... Gives me goosebumps.

'03snkbt

Established Member
again....thx fellas....:beer:

hoping to start a FS thread and sell some of my "hard to come by" parts soon.....

parts i know of off hand are the built IRS, seats, full exhaust, rear quarter panels, rear decklid, and a ton of cosmetic pieces.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Sorry to see your Cobra in such bad shape but thank God your not terribly injured.

As a Ford tech it must have been a mechanical issue with the throttle cable, accelerator pedal or throttle body. A iac or tp sensor would not cause a runaway engine.

'03snkbt

Established Member
i'm starting to lean this direction myself. not going to bad mouth anyone, but i will be contacting that company as well. i did have them replace a defective one just recently.........coincidence????

NewDuuude

Established Member
Dang the firs pic you posted is saved in my pics, weird to see it gone

Last edited:

'03snkbt

Established Member
Dang the firs pic you piste is saved in my pics, weird to see it gone

tell me about it. went to buddies house where she sits and had a moment of silence.......:nonono:
i've had that car since 8/04.......feels funny not cranking it up everyday now

its going to a good cause.....bringing back another 03 to the streets again.....buddies car has been down for a few years now and it'll host some new parts that i never added :rockon::burnout:

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I just saw this, I saw the first sentence and closet my laptop. Took me a couple of minutes before I could come and see the actual carnage. Good to hear you are ok. Ive always loved your car man

stangfreak

Established Member
glad your ok, but I cant imagine the feeling. I bought mine back in 03 and still own it. I grew such a bond with the car. Get another one if you can

'03snkbt

Established Member
I just saw this, I saw the first sentence and closet my laptop. Took me a couple of minutes before I could come and see the actual carnage. Good to hear you are ok. Ive always loved your car man

:beer:

glad your ok, but I cant imagine the feeling. I bought mine back in 03 and still own it. I grew such a bond with the car. Get another one if you can

Still feeling numb.....:nonono: Going to hold off on another for now and see what the future brings. Hardest thing right now is finding a comparable DD.

NOOOOOOOOO! i always loved your car!!!!(we spoke about this on another site that wont be mentioned lol) sorry for your loss man glad your ok!

:beer:

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Holy shit that is scary -- glad you're OK!

I will be up for finding out what the final results is with your electrical problem. I just saw the TSB for the accelerator the other day. I may go and get it taken care of!

'03snkbt

Established Member
UPDATE: i've started a FS thread in the terminator parts section

also, i have a call into FoMoCo, and waiting on findings

Holy shit that is scary -- glad you're OK!

I will be up for finding out what the final results is with your electrical problem. I just saw the TSB for the accelerator the other day. I may go and get it taken care of!

thx man...:beer:

Silverboost

Established Member
wow reading through this thread made me think of the movie "Christine"...the Plymouth Fury that had mind of it's own and killed people....looks like your "Christine" didn't get you! Glad you are okay!

Users who are viewing this thread