Sad day......

Blueline

Established Member
Damn bud sorry to hear. When I sold you the cobra lettering I told you that your car was one of my favorites on here. Get better soon... and good luck with whatever road you choose! :beer:

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
Damn bud sorry to hear. When I sold you the cobra lettering I told you that your car was one of my favorites on here. Get better soon... and good luck with whatever road you choose! :beer:

Thx bud...:beer:
Lol...I still have those sitting in the envelope! Oh well, guess ill try to recoup funds.

'03snkbt

Established Member
just a little update for you guys....
after talking with Ford i'm on my own do to most of my parts being aftermarket (I figured as much....wasn't looking for a handout).
but, they came to realize that their last recall on the "carpet shield" under the accelerator pedal was/is flawed, and they've reissued another recall. apparentley it has a tendency to get lodged under the edge of the shield causing "pedal" to get hung up.......stuck acceleration

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
just a little update for you guys....
after talking with Ford i'm on my own do to most of my parts being aftermarket (I figured as much....wasn't looking for a handout).
but, they came to realize that their last recall on the "carpet shield" under the accelerator pedal was/is flawed, and they've reissued another recall. apparentley it has a tendency to get lodged under the edge of the shield causing "pedal" to get hung up.......stuck acceleration

Kurt, did I read that right, they're sending out another recall on this issue?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
when your gas pedal becomes stuck, turn the car off.

Easier said than done in certain situations. Have a friend in town that had a silver 03, he was making a left turn and got on it a little and the pedal stuck, he wiped it around into a pole.

'03snkbt

Established Member
when your gas pedal becomes stuck, turn the car off.

hey great advice...wish i would have thought of that :rolleyes:

i did everything your suppose to to but it was too late.....all this happened in a span of about 80 yards

let me see you regain control of a car that just "out of know where" goes into 20# boost.....let's see if you're as lucky as me coming out with minor injuries

Last edited:

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
hey great advice...wish i would have thought of that :rolleyes:

i did everything your suppose to to but it was too late.....all this happened in a span of about 80 yards

let me see you regain control of a car that just "out of know where" goes into 20# boost.....let's see if you're as lucky as me coming out with minor injuries

This.

I hate people skipping the fact that you're still here and go straight to suggesting all the things they think you did wrong. There's always somebody that acts as if everything would have gone perfectly if it was them instead of you - until they get thrown into the same situation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread