Sad day......

2004silvercobra

Established Member
My accufab did that about 6yrs ago where the blade was shaving away at the wall of the tb and created a lip where the throttle body blade got stuck behind that lip on a wot pull. I had to turn the car off and coast off to the side of the road because it was stuck hitting the rev limiter.

Sorry about your car and good thing your ok.

G04cobra

Established Member
My accufab did that about 6yrs ago where the blade was shaving away at the wall of the tb and created a lip where the throttle body blade got stuck behind that lip on a wot pull. I had to turn the car off and coast off to the side of the road because it was stuck hitting the rev limiter.

Sorry about your car and good thing your ok.

+1 this has happened to me as well..I ended up calling accufab and got my TB replaced.

matt87

Established Member
glad your ok but get ready for the how much for this or that pokes.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
As others have stated, im glad you are ok. It looks like you can take off most of your part ans swap them over to a new car. If not you will get some money back when you part it out. Goodluck, hopefully you choose to build another badass car!!

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
Many thanks fellas!!!
I'm taking this as a sign to move on. Most of the car has been spoken for which is awesome! I do have some body panels (mostly rearend parts), exhaust, and seats that I'll be looking to move.
I should be starting a FS thread soon.....:beer:

A sad ending to your awesome Cobra. But you weren't seriously hurt, and, she will live on as donor parts to other Cobras all over.
Thanks Bob.....at least your gaskets survived...:beer:

glad you made it out with only minor injuries. theres always the next one if you decide to go that route.
if worse comes to worse swap it into a gt or a fox
Leaning towards a built fox/notch back...:burnout:

glad your ok but get ready for the how much for this or that pokes.
They've already began :rockon:

Zemedici

Established Member
scary dude! glad you're alright,

I know it probably happened really fast, but did you think to shut down the car? I've been in buddy's cars that did that kinda shit, and they just turn it off, and restart it, seems fine.

Cobra ghosts!

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
So sorry to hear this and glad you're ok. Good news the insurance is helping and you bought the car back to part it out.

Good luck bud

Last edited:

SVTDice

Established Member
I'm sorry to see this man, Rebuild it though! Don't let it get crushed buddy!

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
NO!!!! well glad you are OK! .... by the way is that a RR 3.0 pulley? if so how much you want for it PM me thanks.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread