Sad news in the termi world (2.65" upper, 8 lb lower 23psi Eaton)

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
Just in case the OP does come back, here's what Tousley can do for him.

Ford reman Terminator long block $4050.00 shipped plus a $2000.00 core charge, the core is gauranteed so you will get your money back regardless of how badly it's blown up.

That has a three year, unlimited mileage parts and labor warranty and before everyone asks NO you won't get warranty coverage if you bring the car in with a blown engine and it's pullied, turboed, sprayed or if your running a ported Eaton :nono:

Ford Racing Aluminator long block $6400.00 shipped.

I think you all know how to get a hold of us :beer:

-Steve

I can attest that these guys kick ass and they called me immediately for my 2k core return before I even thought of looking for it.
I've ordered all my Ford replacement parts from them without incident. Steve is always courteous and does what he can to help you out.

black 10th vert

Established Member
A person's age would have nothing to do with his knowledge. He could be a 40 year old man who never worked on a car, wanted a Cobra his whole life and knew nothing about them which then led to this. Everyone makes mistakes. People on this website know A LOT of knowledge with cars, so when we see someone with the typical automotive knowledge which is so less then what we have they look like idiots. Everyone starts somewhere, the OP just had a tough first experience and will now learn from his mistakes.

Do you know this guy? I see you are also from CT. I get your point, but to just throw a combo on the car like that and blow it up out of ignorance is bad enough, but then to ignore the good advice and questions that we all posted after his original post just screams stupidity, or troll. I can't think of any other explanation can you - honestly?:shrug:

I mean who the f**k ever heard of throwing a 150 shot of nitrous to "cool" an already way overspun combo? Anything that can potentially ADD 150hp to an internal combustion engine is going to generate MORE heat - that is just basic, common sense. The so called "shop" that is suggesting this crap to him must be smoking crack, or something.

Last edited:

perry2k12

Established Member
I also think it's a troll. But even if it was true, it would've been cool to see what kind of power an eaton made at 23 psi lol.

canibus

Established Member
Don't listen to these nozzles. 23 psi on an eaton is where it's at. Add a 150 shot to the mix, WOW!!! You're going to be tearing up the asphalt like no cobra owner before you. Hope you get those pennies saved up quick cause I can't wait to see that beast unleash it's fury. By the way, do you think your friend can squeeze in my terminator? I was going to take it to Greg at RET but your friend sounds like a better deal. Hit me up.

Anabolic

Banned
Hey boys.. sorry to keep every hanging here, been real busy between family and work. I'm currently saving some money to replace the engine. You all have some great input in which direction i should go to be the most affordable. Still not sure completely whats going to be replaced and if any mods are going to happen with the engine build. Will let all know!

when you do decide to rebuild don't forgtet to replace all 8 piston rings and not just 2 lol :eek:

CT_SVT

Banned
Don't listen to these nozzles. 23 psi on an eaton is where it's at. Add a 150 shot to the mix, WOW!!! You're going to be tearing up the asphalt like no cobra owner before you. Hope you get those pennies saved up quick cause I can't wait to see that beast unleash it's fury. By the way, do you think your friend can squeeze in my terminator? I was going to take it to Greg at RET but your friend sounds like a better deal. Hit me up.

Yeah sure man, I'll see if he can get you in. He usually only works by appointment only and I know he's booked solid for the next 3 months out. Pm me to make an appointment.

Anabolic

Banned
After having some talks with my friends and family, I decided which direction I'm going in with my car. A friend of mine gave me a price of $4100 to replace the long block, port the eaton to handle 23 psi, and give me a spray of a 150 shot to cool the motor. I believe that is a very good pricing considering what the price of a long block goes for and the cost of porting the blower + labor. I have great trust in him and his work!! Just got to start saving my pennies! Cannot wait to have the car back for springtime

i have had many idiot moments, but you would upgrade the "cooling system" to cool the motor,
Port your eaton or upgrade to a whipple or KB, run a safe A/F and run a meth kit to keep the motor cool if anything at 21 psi with a 6lb lower if anything or go back to 2.8" upper 3" wichever and have it tuned by a r4ebutable company.

ask yourself if your friends are the ones driving the saturns with intakes on them thinking they're fast and know everything about cars... along with being pompis asses friends like this do no more than cause a sore pocket book

01trublue cobra

Established Member

Yeah sure man, I'll see if he can get you in. He usually only works by appointment only and I know he's booked solid for the next 3 months out. Pm me to make an appointment.

Dude can't you see he was insulting you with that comment. Plus look at his location :shrug:

canibus

Established Member
Dude can't you see he was insulting you with that comment. Plus look at his location :shrug:

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-o.gif

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
OP's first thread:

Hey all! I've had my car for a little while now, but have never been into joining any of the numerous forums out there. Little back ground about myself.. I live in Groton Connecticut and have had my car for approximately 8 months now. I am the third owner of my car. Car has 21k on it and is currently stored away for the season.
I'd greatly appreciate it if any of you guys out there who live in my area would help me out then and again as I'm not the greatest do-it-your-selfer.

Look forward to hearing from all!

From the forsale ad of the car is his sig:

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra Convertible. 4.6L Supercharged V8 engine. Rare Competition Orange Exterior with Black Leather interior. Included are Suede Leather Multi-Adjust Power Seats with factory embroidered Cobra emblems, Power Top, Power windows, Power Windows, Body Color Matched Side Mirrors (Cobra Specific from Ford), Cruise Control, Remote Keyless entry and COLD AC. 60,xxx miles. Some upgrades include 19" Wheels with good tires, Bilstein HD Shocks/struts, H&R Springs, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates, 2.81 Supercharger Pulley, Predator Hand Held Tuner, SLP exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Passport sp27 radar detector, Alpine IVA0310 Slide out stereo/DVD player and screen, Dual rear TV's, Dual 12" amplified Subs. Factory lighted Roll Bar.

Seller also claims car to be #69 however the OP's sig says #59

#69 I have the cerificate from SVT. I think they made 72 Comp orange verts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread