Saleen grill

95PGTTech

Established Member
I was never impressed with the fit and finish of any Saleen body part !

used to work for a company that dealt/installed Saleen parts. of the body parts, the fitment has been TERRIBLE all the way back to the SN95 cars. anyone considering adding Saleen body parts should seriously find a good body shop first, as they will require a lot of fit and finish to get them right.

I wonder if SMS is any better.

JMagMach1

Midnight Rider
Established Member
was set on a saleen grill, now you have me thinking... it looks way meaner, but is it worth it? maybe go with a boss grill instead... roush one is too plain

2011redcandy

Established Member
IMG_5804.jpg

Yea, ill take my saleen over the Roush. I dont have any gaps, fitment is good.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
Ive been hearing a lot lately that the Saleen grill quality is subpar but damn it looks nice, Im gonna take my chances with one anyways, I just do not care for the Roush even a little bit

grnenvy

Established Member
Saleen grill imop looks so much better. The Roush looks kinda truckish like the one's all the pickup boys install. No dout the quality is better like all Roush parts but it's only a grill. Also the aluminum grill can chip and dent from stones the plastic grill will hold up so much better.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Saleen grill imop looks so much better. The Roush looks kinda truckish like the one's all the pickup boys install. No dout the quality is better like all Roush parts but it's only a grill. Also the aluminum grill can chip and dent from stones the plastic grill will hold up so much better.

Do you offroad your stang? what kind of stones you hitting buddy?
If a rock hits my aluminum grill it bounces off, and i can touch up, if a rock hits my plastic grill it turns the plastic white from impact and never looks the same. Point

here is a alternative to some. I have had this grill on my car for over a year with no issues. Decent price at 150. It does use the grill surround like the stock and Roush grills

Black Retro Mustang Billet Grille (10-12 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

This protrudes more to the front bumper more than the roush and also has a glossy finish over a flat black finish

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

I disagree with you. Plastic holds up much better it's one of the reasons Ford uses it all over the car. @ 80mph on the highway that aluminum will dent if a rock from a truck hits it. Either u don't drive on the highway or its a garage queen? I had a Billet grill on my 05 Lincoln Nav and about 2-3 years later it look like SHIT! Dents/scratches ect.
Spd2Stang;11218979]Do you offroad your stang? what kind of stones you hitting buddy?
If a rock hits my aluminum grill it bounces off, and i can touch up, if a rock hits my plastic grill it turns the plastic white from impact and never looks the same. Point

This protrudes more to the front bumper more than the roush and also has a glossy finish over a flat black finish[/QUOTE]

Jess Albright

UPS delivered my Saleen grill today. What a disapointment! This is definately not a $200 grill. It has excessive mold flashing, dips and bumps along the bottom edge that should be nice and smooth and rough around the side edges too. I guess it would look good from a distance but it won't be going on my car, I will be returning it and keeping my stock grill in place.

Quality issues with these grill's are unacceptable to us, I have just been forwarded your email and have responded. Please accept my apologies on the grill you received. I believe our grill to be as high quality injection molded grill you will find on the market. Installation is really simple and when done right there is no fitment issue at all. The clips on the backside are a quality automotive fastener and you won't need to worry about those coming off at all. Again if anyone feels the fit of their grill is not right please email me with pictures and I can help work through issues with it. jalbright at saleen dot com

Thank you
Jess

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Quality issues with these grill's are unacceptable to us, I have just been forwarded your email and have responded. Please accept my apologies on the grill you received. I believe our grill to be as high quality injection molded grill you will find on the market. Installation is really simple and when done right there is no fitment issue at all. The clips on the backside are a quality automotive fastener and you won't need to worry about those coming off at all. Again if anyone feels the fit of their grill is not right please email me with pictures and I can help work through issues with it. jalbright at saleen dot com

Thank you
Jess

thanks for posting. i had zero issues putting mine in. i rather have plastic than painted metal. the metal is gonna chip and fade. plastic is way nicer.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
I disagree with you. Plastic holds up much better it's one of the reasons Ford uses it all over the car. @ 80mph on the highway that aluminum will dent if a rock from a truck hits it. Either u don't drive on the highway or its a garage queen? I had a Billet grill on my 05 Lincoln Nav and about 2-3 years later it look like SHIT! Dents/scratches ect.
Spd2Stang;11218979]Do you offroad your stang? what kind of stones you hitting buddy?
[/QUOTE]

Honestly a Navigator has a much bigger grill than what we are talking about on the mustang. My car sleeps in the garage during the week except friday nights and weekend :). I have yet to see a dent on my grill after almost a year, and looks good as new. Weather u like it or not plastic will fade and get beat up faster than a painted aluminum piece, just look at the plastic behind your rear tires.

SCMOKN

Established Member

Thank you
Jess

Thanks for your response and I have replied to you email.

Thanks,
David.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member

Thank you
Jess

My grill went in extremely easy and i didn't even take the front bumper off the car. I still need to drill a hole to use the plastic screw to make it flush but that will be done by next summer. I did however break a clip since they are really flimsy. Im sure when i take my front bumper off to do the supercharger ill be breaking one again. Is there anyway you can give me a link to someone that sells just the clips or a better version of them. I found some online and they were the exact ones that came with the kit but they were a 1980 something ford bronco part number and they were sold out. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. The saleen grille and the c/s front lower valance made me love the front end of my car way more :)

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
lol

Like I said garage queen. lol

Honestly a Navigator has a much bigger grill than what we are talking about on the mustang. My car sleeps in the garage during the week except friday nights and weekend :). I have yet to see a dent on my grill after almost a year, and looks good as new. Weather u like it or not plastic will fade and get beat up faster than a painted aluminum piece, just look at the plastic behind your rear tires.[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread