Saleen grill

StangLoveR

Established Member
I feel obligated to chime in given my recent experience with obtaining a Saleen grille for my 2011 5.0.

I ordered one from my favorite Mustang parts retailer. When I received it, I was infuriated. I blamed the store from which I ordered it. They apologized and sent me another one. I came to learn that the packaging was Saleen's, and not theirs. The packaging (and the grille itself) demonstrates an utter and complete lack of pride by Saleen. The grille itself is cheaply made. The fitment is awful, and I will have to drill three separate holes and use plastic anchors to keep it down (something I shouldn't have to do, and even if I did, the parts should have come with the grille; it only came with one anchor). The grille looks AWFUL from shipping (and no, don't blame the shipping carrier - the grille was tossed into a box with NOTHING to protect it).

Is it difficult to understand that this is an exterior, cosmetic piece? It will CLEARLY be seen by anyone looking at the car. My grille looks awful. It is scratched, and has marks in several areas. And mind you, this is the second one I've received.

Now, even worse for Saleen, at the same time I received the their grille, I received the GT/CS front valence I ordered from Ford. The packaging for this piece was above and beyond what was needed. Saleen, however, simply took the grille and tossed it in a box as-is for shipping

Simply put, I'm disgusted. And don't get me wrong, I've drooled over Saleen vehicles since I was a little guy, but through the years I consistently heard of people having bad experiences with their products. Now I've had one of these bad experiences myself, and I'm not happy.

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
HMm

So are u taking it off? If I don't like something I remove it.

I feel obligated to chime in given my recent experience with obtaining a Saleen grille for my 2011 5.0.

I ordered one from my favorite Mustang parts retailer. When I received it, I was infuriated. I blamed the store from which I ordered it. They apologized and sent me another one. I came to learn that the packaging was Saleen's, and not theirs. The packaging (and the grille itself) demonstrates an utter and complete lack of pride by Saleen. The grille itself is cheaply made. The fitment is awful, and I will have to drill three separate holes and use plastic anchors to keep it down (something I shouldn't have to do, and even if I did, the parts should have come with the grille; it only came with one anchor). The grille looks AWFUL from shipping (and no, don't blame the shipping carrier - the grille was tossed into a box with NOTHING to protect it).

Is it difficult to understand that this is an exterior, cosmetic piece? It will CLEARLY be seen by anyone looking at the car. My grille looks awful. It is scratched, and has marks in several areas. And mind you, this is the second one I've received.

Now, even worse for Saleen, at the same time I received the their grille, I received the GT/CS front valence I ordered from Ford. The packaging for this piece was above and beyond what was needed. Saleen, however, simply took the grille and tossed it in a box as-is for shipping

Simply put, I'm disgusted. And don't get me wrong, I've drooled over Saleen vehicles since I was a little guy, but through the years I consistently heard of people having bad experiences with their products. Now I've had one of these bad experiences myself, and I'm not happy.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Had a performance shop in Cali ask for my car for a new mod fitment. Got to keep the grill for free and they only had my car for 4 hours. It retains the stock foglights behind the grill for cleaner look. Pretty happy with it.:beer:

Ford 2010-2012 Mustang 5.0 Replacement Polished Billet Grille
I would like to tint the fogs though...:D
DSC_0587.jpg

I like this. I call this a perfect compromise. You get the clean look of the solid grill, and the benefit of the fogs.

Nice,

Mike

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
my saleen grill looks awesome. if u dont like it return it. The thread sounds like a bunch of girls lol geez.

SCMOKN

Established Member
my saleen grill looks awesome. if u dont like it return it. The thread sounds like a bunch of girls lol geez.

Thanks for your insite. I expected a quality piece for the money spent. What I got was far from it ranging from the way it was shipped to the part itself. I'm glad you are happy with yours. Like I said they look really good in all the pictures I have seen, but I am very picky and the one I recieved does not cut it.

scott_0

Established Member
woohoo! the wifey just ordered me a Saleen grill for Xmas!

Users who are viewing this thread