Saleen grill

11dsgGT

Established Member
My saleen grill had some pretty rough edges and the tab clips looked puny, so I sanded down the inconsistencies and used some back to black. It turned out nice and lustrous, instead of plain flat black. I replaced the clips from some $3 clips for that perfect flush look against the bumper, then added a Ford Racing insert into the grill and it looks stunning. It just needed a little massaging! :lol1:

Sort of like any body part you put on a car.....

Laztug

Established Member
My saleen grill had some pretty rough edges and the tab clips looked puny, so I sanded down the inconsistencies and used some back to black. It turned out nice and lustrous, instead of plain flat black. I replaced the clips from some $3 clips for that perfect flush look against the bumper, then added a Ford Racing insert into the grill and it looks stunning. It just needed a little massaging! :lol1:

Sort of like any body part you put on a car.....

any pics?

grabber blue gt

Established Member
Saleen looks better IMHO

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I got a really close look at a BOSS grille at the Tampa Auto SHow last night.....
VERY Nice piece. I like it better than the ROUSH & SALEEN grille's....

351inside

Established Member
I never said they were. they are both overpriced, and of course the roush looks cleaner it uses the stock soround, the saleen replaces everything and while the material might be subpar it looks more agressive.

And 5 bars of plastic isnt either lol

Last edited:

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Wasnt happy with my grill either. Has the Gap on the bottom.

Did you drill a hole and use the plastic pushpin that came with the Grille? If so the pin would pull the bumper to the grille like in this picture
http://www.flickr.com/photos/latemodelresto/6283369159

Most people are skipping that step and saying that the grille isn't flush.

Here is a link for anyone installing the grille with pictured instructions. Made my install easy!
http://www.mylrs.com/blogs/lrs/archive/2011/10/31/2011-grabber-blue-gt-makeover.aspx

Last edited:

BV600

Established Member
Did you drill a hole and use the plastic pushpin that came with the Grille? If so the pin would pull the bumper to the grille like in this picture
2011 Grabber Blue Mustang Mods | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Most people are skipping that step and saying that the grille isn't flush.

Here is a link for anyone installing the grille with pictured instructions. Made my install easy!
2011 Grabber Blue Mustang 5.0L GT Makeover - LRS Blog - Read Here Shop Here

Nope not drilling just for a cheapo grill. Plan on trading the car in. I seen the pin but figured it was for the actual Saleen bumper. Shouldnt need to drill your car for a grill

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Nope not drilling just for a cheapo grill. Plan on trading the car in. I seen the pin but figured it was for the actual Saleen bumper. Shouldnt need to drill your car for a grill

The placement of the little hole you drill is covered up if you decide to put the stock grille back on so nobody would ever even see it. I agree on the part that we shouldn't have to drill it but it looks so good im willing to do it :thumbsup:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Had a performance shop in Cali ask for my car for a new mod fitment. Got to keep the grill for free and they only had my car for 4 hours. It retains the stock foglights behind the grill for cleaner look. Pretty happy with it.:beer:

http://www.dgcustomauto.com/product.sc?productId=597&categoryId=547
I would like to tint the fogs though...:D
DSC_0587.jpg

Last edited:

Jess Albright

Thanks for your response and I have replied to you email.

Thanks,
David.
Just following up on this today and saw that you said you responded to my email but nothing came trough to me. If you can please resend and see if it goes through this time.

Thank you
Jess

Jess Albright

I replaced the clips from some $3 clips for that perfect flush look against the bumper

I would love to see the clips that you used, if they prove to be better than the ones we are using I will be sure to look into changing them. Please send me pics or a link to them to my email jalbright @ saleen . com

Thank you
Jess

grnenvy

Established Member
Man some people make a big deal about stupid shit!
The grill looks awesome. Little modifications are needed hear and there.
Looks like that would take me about 5min to install.

SCMOKN

Established Member
Man some people make a big deal about stupid shit!
The grill looks awesome. Little modifications are needed hear and there.
Looks like that would take me about 5min to install.

What ever! I did not pay top dollar to have to mod it to the way it should come from the manufactor! This is an exterior piece that does not get painted there for the finish should be perfect!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread