San Antonio Theater Shooting

SteveChris

Established Member
not saying it isn't messed up that the media isn't showing it but it doesn't prove some of the arguments for more guns. it was an off duty deputy, allowed to carry and trained.
one trained person with a gun is a good scenario. a lot of people think having regular people carrying in the theater would be good.
I don't think 5 people all standing up, untrained, drawing weapons is a good scenario.
i'm sure it can get chaotic and confusing.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
not saying it isn't messed up that the media isn't showing it but it doesn't prove some of the arguments for more guns. it was an off duty deputy, allowed to carry and trained.
one trained person with a gun is a good scenario. a lot of people think having regular people carrying in the theater would be good.
I don't think 5 people all standing up, untrained, drawing weapons is a good scenario.

That's a lot of assuming in one post. Who's to say there's 5 people. Who's to say they all such at shooting.

Anyone can assume anything about a hypothetical situation. Why even make a post about such bullshit?

nickf2005

Established Member

I'm not going to say all, but many people who are going to carry are going to be just as capable as an officer. True, responsible gun owners take their "hobby" serious. In TN you have to take an 8 hour course in order to obtain a carrying license. Then, they are going to spend many hours at the range.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
News will only cover something like that if there is mass murder or hysteria.

Texas is a brilliant example of what every state should be... Well done to the lady who took that scumbag down, unfortunately i hear he is still alive?

Last edited:

Draiter

Established Member
That's a lot of assuming in one post. Who's to say there's 5 people. Who's to say they all such at shooting.

Anyone can assume anything about a hypothetical situation. Why even make a post about such bullshit?

Guy makes a very valid point... it was a COP, not an ordinary citizen carry a weapon. That incident would actually lend zero support to your "cause" and would most likely hurt it.. "see with off duty cops carrying their weapons, there's no need for the regular Joe to."
Guaranteed if there was more than one person with s gun there, there would have been more than one person shooting... Sooooo his post isn't bullshit, it's quite logical..

I'm not going to say all, but many people who are going to carry are going to be just as capable as an officer. True, responsible gun owners take their "hobby" serious. In TN you have to take an 8 hour course in order to obtain a carrying license. Then, they are going to spend many hours at the range.

Hmmmmm. Sooooo, just one 8 hour course eh? It only takes one irresponsible gun owner, with that 8 hour class to ruin it for you..

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The media is ignoring this story cause there owned by the scumbags that wanna ruin this country and take away civil liberites and constitutional rights... It doesn't fit into the agenda..

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Seriously? Some of you guys need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and remove your tin foil hat. This happened two days after 20 kids were killed, and you want the media to stop covering that story to cover a scene where two people were wounded (one of which was the gunman)?

Last edited:

Draiter

Established Member
Seriously? Some of you guys need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and remove your tin foil hat. This happened two days after 20 kids were killed, and you want the media to stop covering that story to cover a scene where two people were wounded (one of which was the gunman)?

That's what they do... you want these people ^^^^ running around with concealed weapons? It's these people the anti-gun people fear...

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Seriously? Some of you guys need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and remove your tin foil hat. This happened two days after 20 kids were killed, and you want the media to stop covering that story to cover a scene where two people were wounded?

It has nothing to do with CT!! THE CRIME WAS STOPPED BY A WOMAN SECURITY GUARD "THAT WAS ARMED" :shrug:The Gov't WANTS our guns and and you got some dumbass New Yorkers who have their heads up their ass volunteering them cause some politicians told them too..:nonono:

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
It has nothing to do with CT!! THE CRIME WAS STOPPED BY A WOMAN SECURITY GUARD "THAT WAS ARMED" :shrug:The Gov't WANTS our guns and and you got some dumbass New Yorkers who have their heads up their ass volunteering them cause some politicians told them too..:nonono:

I PROMISE you if this douchebag wouldve killed 10 people and then was put down then it wouldve been national news. Then everyone here wouldve been "Oh this happens everyday, liberal media just trying to make a big deal because a dozen people were killed with an """Assault Rifle"""", gibb gabber 'Merica!"

Draiter

Established Member
What people are you referring to?

The tin foil wearing paranoid gun toters above.... it's the "look how big my balls are cause I've got a gun" type people that should be banned from owning them in the first place... because I'm betting they'd be the first to threaten someone with them for farting in a restaurant or theater

DarkMach1

Established Member
Guy makes a very valid point... it was a COP, not an ordinary citizen carry a weapon. That incident would actually lend zero support to your "cause" and would most likely hurt it.. "see with off duty cops carrying their weapons, there's no need for the regular Joe to."
Guaranteed if there was more than one person with s gun there, there would have been more than one person shooting... Sooooo his post isn't bullshit, it's quite logical..

Hmmmmm. Sooooo, just one 8 hour course eh? It only takes one irresponsible gun owner, with that 8 hour class to ruin it for you..

Please explain to me what makes a police officer a super human compared to any other citizen with practice and gun training? A badge? WTF is up with you liberals making it sound like only an officer is able to stop a bad guy with a gun? They aren't super human, they are just like me! Any clear headed human that has been around guns and has a good amount of practice under his belt can take down a maniac with a gun in a situation like this. As we saw from the police station incident where a gun was taken from an officer they aren't as godly as you make them seem.

BLACKSN8KE1988

Established Member
Hmmm there are ups and downs as always. Imo people can get a gun easily off the streets trust me ive seen it back in the day happen. But then again some of yall say well people should be able to carry after they take a class and get there license. Did you know if a criminal takes that class shoots up wherever him having a licnese to hold is alot less charges the state can press on him. So thats why alot usually end up with less then 10 years in prison. Really it just boils down to the goverment if they make the pass. We as individuala really cant do anything ya there are pertitions but really who runs that at the end.

BLACKSN8KE1988

Established Member
Please explain to me what makes a police officer a super human compared to any other citizen with practice and gun training? A badge? WTF is up with you liberals making it sound like only an officer is able to stop a bad guy with a gun? They aren't super human, they are just like me! Any clear headed human that has been around guns and has a good amount of practice under his belt can take down a maniac with a gun in a situation like this. As we saw from the police station incident where a gun was taken from an officer they aren't as godly as you make them seem.

I 2nd this. I am in the military and have friends that arent that shoot guns way better then me and have been shooting since they were 12. Cops train at ranges and scenerios but how many cops have been in the situatuion for muscle memory to actually be accounted in the equation if a hostle or dangerous sittuation accures.

Users who are viewing this thread