Savannah

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
I have an 03 RedFire Cobra coupe. Very few mods so far. It has a 2.90 u/p, 100mm idler, K&N Denscharger, SCT handheld tuner. It was tuned by HP Performance out of Jacksonville, FL. The best part, I've yet to see it in person lol. I had been looking for the right one for a while, but deployed before I found it. I sold my 04 RedFire GT after I left in May. Then I found this 03 for sale in Savannah. It was mostly stock, which I liked, and had less than 50,000mi. So I jumped on the deal. And that's where I'm at now. It came with a dyno sheet showing 478 hp and 490 ft lbs tq. Slow for most of you guys.

That has got to suck..owning it but haven't had the chance to drive it..Booooo!!!

That's not slow either by the way..that is very respectable. You will floor that thing and it's gonna feel like a ****in missle. :beer:

My Lightning is very basic. 6lbs pulley coldair kit and a jdm tune. The chevelle is a beast. 498 big block power glide with a gearvendor overdrive unit. 3800 stall 4.56 gears. About to get another stall for nitrous. I tryed spraying the car the way it is and it just blew right through the converter. went faster with a 150 shot than it did with a 200. The shift light just stayed on. It is a very streetable car. drive it a lot.

Sounds like some sweet ass rides. I wanna ride in the Chevelle. :D

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
Damn with all these high HP cars running around Im going to need a built motor soon. And rear and trans, lol.

Hawkdriver23

Established Member
Yeah, It's driving me crazy not being able to drive it. My wife makes sure to rub it in after she drives it too. I just got out of the whole sportbike drag racing scene. I hope that the car is strong enough to fill that void for a little while.

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
Yeah, It's driving me crazy not being able to drive it. My wife makes sure to rub it in after she drives it too. I just got out of the whole sportbike drag racing scene. I hope that the car is strong enough to fill that void for a little while.

It should hold you over..but yeah, wives tend to hit us where it hurts, lol. The wife has driven mine all over the place. :(

crazycarlo

Established Member
HAHA no Ryan Doomsday has the turbo 98. I have a vortech 98. Im pretty happy with the power right this second. but soon Im going to be putting a 3.3 pulley on it and an Intercooler. At the moment Im concentrating on making it look really good. Ive got a dent in the fender so Im getting a new fender, then some new crystal clear hadlights and fogs, 6000K HIDS all around. Im in the process of painting my s-281 wing right now and some drilled and slotted rotors and painting my calipers red. Oh and Ill be getting rid of my chrome rims and going with black Saleens.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
No i have the turbo 98....T56 got picked up monday and is going in like thursday of next week. THEN hopefully ill be able to pickup the motor

Hawkdriver23

Established Member
Thats an impresive list of mods Ryan. I know who to ask for help when deciding on upgrade parts now.

I got a question for you about shifters. I had the MGW blue handle shifter on my GT and loved it. Was planning on doing the same for my Cobra. Just curious if you have any experience with the Steeda Tri-ax or any other brands. Not too many people around that have driven with both. Usually they just say MGW is the best so don't worry about anything else.

Doomsday and Crazy carlo, what kind of numbers you guys putting down? My friend with the 97 is looking into different routes to take with his right now.

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
Thats an impresive list of mods Ryan. I know who to ask for help when deciding on upgrade parts now.

I got a question for you about shifters. I had the MGW blue handle shifter on my GT and loved it. Was planning on doing the same for my Cobra. Just curious if you have any experience with the Steeda Tri-ax or any other brands. Not too many people around that have driven with both. Usually they just say MGW is the best so don't worry about anything else.

Doomsday and Crazy carlo, what kind of numbers you guys putting down? My friend with the 97 is looking into different routes to take with his right now.

I used to have the Tri-ax but switched to MGW to try something new. My MGW isn't broken in yet (got it 2 weeks before I left) so I can't tell I difference yet since it's still a little stiff, but it's pretty smooth.

I still have my Tri-ax and since you are a local Termi brotha I will give you my Tri-ax for free. Seriously, you can have it. When I get home in August I will bring it to a meet. That's if you want it. It's smooth and very tough. I have beat the hell out of it and never had issues, nor has it ever leaked on me. Great product.

Hawkdriver23

Established Member
Ryan, No shit? That would be awesome man. I'll def. take you up on that offer. It will be great to see how It feels compared to the MGW. I put around 30,000 on the MGW in my GT.

I have heard nothing but great things about MPH. When I was thinking about putting a Kenne Bell on my GT thats who I was gonna use.

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
tri axs are pretty good had a few. in the 03 cobra they seem a little stiffer than for the 5speeds. always had good luck with them but after feeling my friends mgw i will prob. go with that next.

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
Ryan, No shit? That would be awesome man. I'll def. take you up on that offer. It will be great to see how It feels compared to the MGW. I put around 30,000 on the MGW in my GT.

I have heard nothing but great things about MPH. When I was thinking about putting a Kenne Bell on my GT thats who I was gonna use.

No problem man. I like to help fellow stang owners out. Worse comes to worse you don't like the Tri-ax, you sell it and buy an MGW.

MPH is great man. We will take a trip up there when I get back for good and you can meet the guys. You will love the shop and all that they do.

Hawkdriver23

Established Member
No problem man. I like to help fellow stang owners out. Worse comes to worse you don't like the Tri-ax, you sell it and buy an MGW.

MPH is great man. We will take a trip up there when I get back for good and you can meet the guys. You will love the shop and all that they do.

Trip to Atlanta, Sounds like a plan to me! My list of future mods is already stacking up. It's well worth the drive up there to know your gonna be taken care of. Oh, and thanks again for the shifter man! :beer:

All the work so far has been done at HP in Jacksonville. It seems like they got really good numbers out of the car for the few mods done to it. Not sure if It was just a strong factory build, not a mustang dyno, cold weather or what. They just seem higher than what I usually see with the same mods. Anyone ever use them?

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
HP is a great shop! Class A people. I have been there and seen how they are. I just have never had anyone touch my car but MPH.

Do you have any exhaust mods? Because if you have a cat-back and a mid-pipe along with your other mods, those are average numbers. But if you have no exhaust mods, then yes..great numbers for the mods.

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
Well I mid-pipe can sometimes kill your TQ numbers a little, but those are good numbers considering. You have a strong car. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread