Saw a Ford GT today *drool*

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
parked like assholes. i would of hocked a nice lugey on their windshield.

nice cars though.

I park like that all the time because I dont enjoy coming out of where ever I am to find dings in my door and shopping carts pushed into my car.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Ive seen several GTs around here, but they never fail to get my pulse racing.

For such a rare car, there are a ton of them around here. I've seen quite a few on the road and almost test drove one that was for sale in Downers Grove at that Hummer dealership there. It was the owners vehicle.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Back when the FGT was new I drove a couple hours just to see one at a dealer. It was a beautiful site.
I totally understand the owner parking like that, I know I would. Especially with those guillotine doors that arent exactly easy to get out of when your next to another car.
I wish one of the rich svt members on here would offer free rides in there GTs, I know there are at least 2 FGT owners on this site :D

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
What's w/the hostility regarding how they parked? You buy one of those and see if you want some idiot teenager parking a few inches from you. Looks like they're on the outskirts of the parking lot anyway, so who gives a sh*t.

The problem is that whoever owns the cars obviously feels pretty self important, regardless of what kind of car they drive. Its a dick move to park like that because you are taking up what looks like six parking spots for two cars. You don't know how quickly the lot might fill up and when it does, you are blocking parking spots. It's an inconvenience for everyone, the person looking for a spot and the business owner wanting to make sure that their customers have adequate parking. Parking like that isn't going to stop someone from parking right next to you if they want to or need to. In fact, it will probably increase the likelihood of someone vandalizing your car. It just screams "I'm an asshole who thinks that not only am I, but also my car, is more important than you."

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Nice find...I'll take one of each.

I couldn't help but notice that it appears the cost of the ride determines the angle of the park... and the number of spaces you take up.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I understand the parking when you have a Ford GT. I mean, I try to park away from people when I'm in a large parking lot but I'd never park across like three spots at a restaurant. That is just being completely inconsiderate to other people. Yes, you have a bad ass car and I realize people like to take good care of their shit, including me, but come on...

Stevo151

Established Member
sick car! i just saw one the other day too. i can understand parking like that in a garage parking area at the back but parking like that in what looks like a smaller shop area is weird. still a awesome car!

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Full disclosure...I too park across two spaces at an angle... BUT, always at the far back/end of the lot...so far in fact I've had people comment. I just tell them the long walk is the only exercise I ever get. I know it's kind of infantile on my part, but if you ever saw what parking normally has done to our family ride you'd understand...at least a 1/2 dozen quarter-size dings.

Possible the two guys above just stopped for a quick photo shoot?

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
parked like assholes. i would of hocked a nice lugey on their windshield.

nice cars though.

because... you're a little bitch?

He has a sports car thats valued over more than all of your personal possesions combined. It doesnt look like the parking lot is to terribly busy anyways.

I always loved the "tough" guys that spit on someones car.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
i park my GT in two spaces because the doors have to be opened very wide just to get in and out of the car. it needs more room than other car on the road when parked. if you park to close to my GT or even my beater work truck and i can't get in and out of my ride without going through the other side of the car then yes i will spit on your windshield and key your paint before i leave the parking lot.......

i have been known to kick somebodys door in too. somebody boxed my buddys BIG ass lifted chevy truck in one time outside of a restaurant/bar and he fired up his motor and rammed the car in front of him and literally pushed it out of the way with his truck. the tires were smoking and we felt vindicated. dude was lucky that we didn't monster truck over his hybird......

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
full disclosure...i too park across two spaces at an angle... But, always at the far back/end of the lot...so far in fact i've had people comment. I just tell them the long walk is the only exercise i ever get. I know it's kind of infantile on my part, but if you ever saw what parking normally has done to our family ride you'd understand...at least a 1/2 dozen quarter-size dings.

Possible the two guys above just stopped for a quick photo shoot?

+1

and i don't park downhill from shopping carts no matter what i am driving and how far away they are. i also don't park next to any water sprinklers or hillsides were rocks can come tumbling down and hit your ride.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
i park my GT in two spaces because the doors have to be opened very wide just to get in and out of the car. it needs more room than other car on the road when parked. if you park to close to my GT or even my beater work truck and i can't get in and out of my ride without going through the other side of the car then yes i will spit on your windshield and key your paint before i leave the parking lot.......

i have been known to kick somebodys door in too. somebody boxed my buddys BIG ass lifted chevy truck in one time outside of a restaurant/bar and he fired up his motor and rammed the car in front of him and literally pushed it out of the way with his truck. the tires were smoking and we felt vindicated. dude was lucky that we didn't monster truck over his hybird......

:kaboom: What a **********

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
:kaboom: What a **********

it figures you would make a comment towards me like this seeing how you live in the worlds BIGGEST parking lot. that being the Kalifornia freeway system. have fun getting your car all dinged up by the hybrid driving, obama supporters in your anti-gun state :lol:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
it figures you would make a comment towards me like this seeing how you live in the worlds BIGGEST parking lot. that being the Kalifornia freeway system. have fun getting your car all dinged up by the hybrid driving, obama supporters in your anti-gun state :lol:

Makes sense. Maybe I should take a screwdriver to the door of the soccer mom that parked next to me who doesn't know what the hell a Cobra or a Ford GT is. :smmon:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member

I understand where you are coming from i really do. I hate it to. But what is really being the bigger man in the situation?

A. Spit on his car and key it when hes not around.
B. If you are that upset about it, sit in your car till he comes out and approach him.

Remember kiddos it take a real man to mess up someones car. :rollseyes

Just park out in BFE and have your friends park around your car like mine do and it will never be a problem. But ****ing up someones car because you think "how dare they" is immature and ****ing retarted.

Users who are viewing this thread