School me on the 2015 mustang GT!!!

Anthony K

Established Member
I too have both (soon to be TT) .

Buy the auto.

1. Drive to the track on drag radials(no need to swap to slicks/trailer car),

2.Keep drive train stock -drive shaft and axles(You will definitely need them ....and a new clutch ... and may be eventually a new tranny with manual)

3. Click off consistent 10's(with any power adder) without breaking a sweat.

4.You are more likely to drive home on own steam, without breaking something in drive train(I should have bought shares in towing company at local drag strip)lol

Sorry skippy, the auto does need some upgrades too.

And leaving hard with REAL hp will still break stock axles.

Ask beefcake about both.

I drive to the track with 20" drag radials. Cut 1.5 60's and drive home. Manual trans.

gqneon

Established Member

Ask beefcake about both.

I drive to the track with 20" drag radials. Cut 1.5 60's and drive home. Manual trans.
Which axles AK? Are you running stock driveshaft? I'm curious about what size and type of tires you have too. I ran mine with the blower for the first time last night and I lost time all the way through the eighth. Once I got to fourth I started reeling in my time and my trap speed was 124, but I'd love to hook and go. That's really what I need now and maybe axles.

6M

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Auto's just aren't as much fun IMO.

But. if you are in stop and go traffic all the time they are less of a hassle.

Last edited:

olaosunt

Established Member

Ask beefcake about both.

yes, but for how long. lol

We will see. I plan to upgrade my manual with axles/drive shaft/RXT/MGW but stil see a tremec in its future. I am going to leave the auto alone except for the BMR CBOO5
and may run slicks at times instead of the drag radials that is more likely break parts(with wheel hop).
So far not once ounce of wheel HP with 1.8 60 ft times on the auto car.
I will see what happens with the Hellion TT.

I have seen(or at least heard of) a few auto cars with power adders, with many 10 second passes on stock axle/drive shafts.
Beefcake's car is making how much power ?... and has a high stall converter and runs mid 9's.

I am not sure when HP becomes REAL-900 rwhp ? I don't need THAT much to run 10's on an auto.

Did he break the stock axles or he just went ahead and replaced them?

The auto upgrades MAY be needed(clutches.intermediate shaft) but plenty of stock 6R80 2011-2014 cars in the 9's( I know of one with stock drive shaft)

Last edited:

bmaxwell

Established Member
I feel like if you aren't missing gears nor launching super hard with slicks, you'd be fine. Different car totally, but I had a 2013 auto 5.0 and got sorta bored with it. Didn't throw much power at it so maybe that's why, but I recently purchased a PP 15 6M and LOVE it. I have also had an 11 5.0 and I'll say there is no slop in the drive train in this 15 like there was in the 11 stock shifter and all in both. Everybody misses gears here and there but it's pretty hard to do in the 15 if you know what you're doing. I'm like you and love leaving the foot smashed on the gas during shifts and have yet to miss a gear once literally. Haven't had the car long lol but still, MUCH better now.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Having a whole three days with my car to judge on... they really improved the transmission in the '15. Especially the shifter. It shifts so much better than my 12 did...

Zemedici

Established Member
I too have both (soon to be TT) .

Buy the auto.

1. Drive to the track on drag radials(no need to swap to slicks/trailer car),

2.Keep drive train stock -drive shaft and axles(You will definitely need them ....and a new clutch ... and may be eventually a new tranny with manual)

3. Click off consistent 10's(with any power adder) without breaking a sweat.

4.You are more likely to drive home on own steam, without breaking something in drive train(I should have bought shares in towing company at local drag strip)lol

what does transmission have to do with ability to drive to track or wheel choice? hahahahahahhahahahaah :lol::lol::lol:

StangMan04

Established Member
Buy whatever transmission you prefer. I am getting the auto, but I prefer pissing sitting down, so it is just what you prefer.

olaosunt

Established Member
what does transmission have to do with ability to drive to track or wheel choice? hahahahahahhahahahaah :lol::lol::lol:
ha ha.
If you have a stick car you will be better running a bias ply- which you may not want to(or should not) drive on the streets on your way to thet rack.

Unless you trailer your car, you will then be changing tires.

Of course You can run a radial with your manual car but more likely to break parts.

Autos do not shock the drive train as much so less likely to break something with radials.

My auto has ZERO wheel hop. Go ask the PP how much wheel hop they start of with before their steeda or BMR parts.

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
ha ha.
If you have a stick car you will be better running a bias ply- which you may not want to(or should not) drive on the streets on your way to thet rack.

Unless you trailer your car, you will then be changing tires.

Of course You can run a radial with your manual car but more likely to break parts.

Autos do not shock the drive train as much so less likely to break something with radials.

My auto has ZERO wheel hop. Go ask the PP how much wheel hop they start of with before their steeda or BMR parts.

Man ain't that the truth lol.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
My Mustangs always have and will always be manuals. A lot of people like the auto for the drag strip, and I agree it's better there, but how often are you at the strip? If you're there constantly the auto might be for you but I'm only there occasionally. 99.9% of my driving is on the street and a manual is just more fun for me.

scotmach

Established Member
My Mustangs always have and will always be manuals. A lot of people like the auto for the drag strip, and I agree it's better there, but how often are you at the strip? If you're there constantly the auto might be for you but I'm only there occasionally. 99.9% of my driving is on the street and a manual is just more fun for me.
I prefer an auto on the street over a manual. To me it's more fun.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
I know it can be exhilarating pressing that one pedal and letting the car shift for you.

Mine has paddles.. I have driven in manual mode.. I Can pick what gear I am in. It works well.. Sometimes in Dallas traffic you can't go more than 2 feet and you're constantly on the shifter.. I get tired sometimes in my ST and enjoy if I am in traffic not having to start and stop.. I think it is nice to have both having the paddle shift

Skrapmetal

Established Member
For drag racing, a relaxing cruiser, or commuting... I'd go with an auto.

But for back road fun I want a manual.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Mine has paddles.. I have driven in manual mode.. I Can pick what gear I am in. It works well.. Sometimes in Dallas traffic you can't go more than 2 feet and you're constantly on the shifter.. I get tired sometimes in my ST and enjoy if I am in traffic not having to start and stop.. I think it is nice to have both having the paddle shift

Paddles are nothing like rowing the box, but that's just me. Autos are definitely easier in bumper to bumper traffic.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I got a massage recently and the girl was like "your left leg is stronger than your right". I lold.

venmousracer

Established Member
By the look of things, I am still 3 weeks away from purchasing a new 15/16 mustang GT. I will drive both auto or stick. Buyt my wife made it clear what ever I want. I would like for her to drive the car as well. I am leaning toward that.

Users who are viewing this thread