Self ported blower pic's and numbers

yellowgt02

Established Member
installed.jpg

Sorry for the bad camera phone pic....although it does hide the dirt all over the engine LOL

Here is IronFist's blower all installed. I painted it flat black...Im going to paint the "FORD" and SVT" on the snout silver.

I followed Kirks directions on R&R blower removal, and it worked wonders. Except for the last damn intercooler bolt that broke off. Luckily I had some extra bolts kicking around the shop that was pretty much the same size and thread. I dont forsee any problems with it.

Numbers to come on May 6th.

Im pretty stoked now! Thanks again for a great blower Justin!
:beer::rockon::thumbsup:

Jroc

Established Member
Got a little too happy porting my TB today. What do y'all think?

Untouched.

9855HPIM0388.JPG

Ruffed out.

5952HPIM0398.JPG

Sanded.

341HPIM0399.JPG

8971HPIM0400.JPG

As you can see I broke into the cavity that flows air to the IAC Valve. Would y'all just go with it or try and have it welded? I'm sure the airflow won't be as smooth, but I would think it would run fine as its just another opening to flow air to the IAC.

It also has a small crack around the edge from I assume having the intake tightened down too hard.(See below picture) You could see it pretty easily BF I sanded it, but its hard to tell know especially in a picture you can't really see it, but its still there and you can see it if you look hard enough for it in person. I think I'm going to grind it out and have it welded in.

4697HPIM0401.JPG

Here are some pictures of the inside of my plenum.

9566HPIM0390.JPG

3017HPIM0391.JPG

364HPIM0392.JPG

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
That TB looks great!

Might as well put some JB weld in that extra hole and sand it in. Even if it came loose it won't go in your engine. Plus it's already clean and now is the time to do it. You might even be able to strengthen up that crack from the outside with it.

Jroc

Established Member
^ Thanks Posi! I was even thinking about polishing it up with some Simichrome. Pretty sure I'm going to sand the outside smooth and polish it. :beer:

Is JB Weld that hard almost clay/smooth cement looking stuff? I would assume you would probably use it more in Mold building than in Die building. We did have an old form die come in the shop about a mounth ago thought that had all the bolt holes filled in with this hard compound that was sanded smooth with the rest of the die block. I'm guessing that maybe thats JB Weld, but I didn't work on that die.

Pnsh3r

Established Member
hey Posi,

I was looking at this image here, and the little openings in the corners. How come I have not seen any blowers with same being done right in the center?
Is there not enough material there? Don't know byu how much, but I am pretty sure that it would help a bit.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Raceport031.jpg

hey Posi,

I was looking at this image here, and the little openings in the corners. How come I have not seen any blowers with same being done right in the center?
Is there not enough material there? Don't know byu how much, but I am pretty sure that it would help a bit.

If that's what you are talking about above, the bottom center is not a pick up point for air for the rotors. The two outside corners on the bottom and then the top center is. If you look at the rotor profile and the direction they spin you'll see it.

Pnsh3r

Established Member
got it. I am about to look at it all again, too. I was under the impression that the center part would allow mor air to come in, too - but, looking it at more the rotors will already be "mashed" by then, so it would not make sense dropping the profile on the case anymore. Makes sense now. Thanks alot.

Btw, I saw your other threads too & just wanna congratulate you on the ports & business starting up. What makes it even cooler is that you are not being all secretive and coy about all the work that you do. If my monetary situation was different I would definitely let you do your magic on my supercharger, too. :)
Best of luck bro.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Thanks I appreciate it very much. Sometimes I think I shouldn't post pic's like the one above but I started this for anyone that wanted to do their own port to have something to look at and read to understand all of it. Mission accomplished.

Jroc

Established Member
Posi do you know where you can get flappers and sanding drums for airtool with very fine grits?(600, 1500, 2000, etc) I want to polish my TB and paint the blower and Plenum, but you rather not do it by hand.

Also I'm debating heating my housing to 700 degree for 30 minutes or so. I preheated the Plenum BF I welded it and it sure make getting the paint off it a hell of a lot easier. I wouldn't think that would warp up the housing, do you?

Here are some pictures of my housing with the mill work done. It sucks that you have to use a die grinder to finish off the bottom under the lip at the front of the housing after taking the time to mill it.
6854HPIM0416.JPG

4374HPIM0417.JPG

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If you're talking about heating the case up I wouldn't do it at that high of a temperature. There's just not much clearance in there to chance it. Let alone you've done all the hard work and it wouldn't be pretty in your house if it did warp lol.

As far as the high grit flappers I've never looked for any that fine.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Wow that inlet is tall. I hope you can match your plenum to it. If you can then it looks good to me. Just make the outlet on the plenum as close to matching the inlet as you can. Is the large hump gone in there for the EGR? If not try and get more of it out.

Looks like you worked on the Rotor "lead in" back there in the back. If so then that's good.

Now get some flappers and polish it up and make it look all good.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Just a tip.

Anyone doing this do your plenums first. Make them as large as you can and then cut the gasket out to match. Put the gasket on the blower next and use a permanent marker or a scribe to trace some lines on the blower and then port til the lines are barely gone.

It's always better to have the inlet on the blower a little larger than the plenum though. If the inlet is smaller than the plenum then the air will hit that small obstruction.

I should've said this before now but didn't think about it.

prodsvt

Banned
so we ported this blower a couple of days ago.
we took it to the dyno and the blower got really hot and we lost boost.
i was wondering if anyone could tell me what i did wrong. and how i can correct it.
we striped the rotors, ported the blower. refilled the oil in the supercharger. if there's something i forgot to do please tell me. here's some pics.

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
What do you mean you "striped" the rotors?? :shrug: I hope you don't mean you stripped the coating off of them. From the looks of it, I think you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread