Self ported blower pic's and numbers

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Black RTV Sealant for the snout. Just a very light coating. I dab it on and then rub it around evenly with my finger. Make sure it's clean! Then just go to Napa and get some synthetic grease for the needle bearings. I put in 4 small fingertips worth. Then install the rotors, spin them, take them back out and check to make sure there's not to much grease in there oozing out into the case.

By not doing the lead-ins you'll be losing a little but if you did some roof work that will help. If you wanted to spend a little money you can send me the case and I'll do them for a very small fee lol. They're a pretty important part of the port.

I don't even do the work on the rotor case anymore. It's just not an easy part to work on like you said.

Your welcome on any help but that's what this thread and the thread in the how-to section is for.

AaronK

Established Member
Awesome! I thought that's what you used on to seal the front but I wasn't sure. Sent you a PM.

vnmous04

Established Member
Guys, (posi) already knows,

I have almost finished my port job. I had a few ideas that I believe nobody tried yet. I am not going to say what they are yet until I get the damn thing dyno'd in June. I am going on vacation today but will try and get some pics for everybody to check out.

Brian,
On the roof part did you take that much out up there. Also on the floor to the rotor lead ins. Did you take alot out of here. I noticed how it ramps up to the rotor. Should I cut alot of that out

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
On the roof you can't take a whole lot out so be careful. You can work on it for just a minute with a carbide cutter though. Lightly! The lead-ins are hard to get to so however much time you can spend there do it.

vnmous04

Established Member
On the roof you can't take a whole lot out so be careful. You can work on it for just a minute with a carbide cutter though. Lightly! The lead-ins are hard to get to so however much time you can spend there do it.

My lead ins are great. I will send you some pics soon. Since I added that material on the outside of the case I was able to really go at it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
This is on my blower.

Fishing006.jpg

RussZTT

Established Member
Whats the advantage of welding there?
On the inside of the case you can see where the lead in can be cut out more for more airflow. Also, there is an indention in the case where porting the inside of the case can cut through. Weld up that entire section for more aluminum to prevent cutting through.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I did the same thing, kinda :D

:beer:
Whats the advantage of welding there?

I took the rear wall out a little more to get more air into the rotors.

Don't think its a advantage... more so a booboo

You're exactly right. Once I did it though I added all the extra weld to do what I said above. The goof was only one tiny hole (1/8" maybe) and it was all the way to the left and the bottom of the weld. The rest was because that blower is already nuts and I figure might as well do a little more.:lol1: I got another case that needs to be welded there but it was done on purpose. I just need to finish it up.

Oh and look at your blower there and tell me what you see lol.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
hey posi did you ever get yours dyno'd?

The blower that is shown in the thread before the lead-in work on the floor going into the rotors and the roof work made 497/580 corrected with a 2.93/6lb combo. Also ran the 1/4 in 11.38 I think with a 1.7xx 60' time.

I actually pulled the blower apart again today and worked on it a little more:bash:. Trying to decide if it's going back on my car or not.

Next time if it goes on my car I'll be going 10's. Might take a while but it's going to easily make enough power now and carry it up into the rpm range.

If I would've caught the weather good and had a decent 60' it would've went 11.00's last time. Next time she's going to fly!:rockon:

04spinbra

Established Member
The blower that is shown in the thread before the lead-in work on the floor going into the rotors and the roof work made 497/580 corrected with a 2.93/6lb combo. Also ran the 1/4 in 11.38 I think with a 1.7xx 60' time.

I actually pulled the blower apart again today and worked on it a little more:bash:. Trying to decide if it's going back on my car or not.

Next time if it goes on my car I'll be going 10's. Might take a while but it's going to easily make enough power now and carry it up into the rpm range.

If I would've caught the weather good and had a decent 60' it would've went 11.00's last time. Next time she's going to fly!:rockon:

any updates!!??? have you decided to go the eaton route or whipple??

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Oh I probably won't do anything. Just thinking about it again. It's only about the 4th time.

Users who are viewing this thread