Self ported blower pic's and numbers

yellowgt02

Established Member

kennycoulter

Established Member
sorry to bring this back, but figured if anyone would have the info, it would be people posting here...

i am drawing up a manifold design for a school project and need some specs for the 4.6 s/c manifolds. most notably, depth from the supercharger-to-manifold-face to the bottom of the stock intercooler. placement and depth of the coolant transfer tubes would help me out also.

i can't just take my manifold back off just to get some measurements...

i really appreciate any help that anyone gives me.

RussZTT

Established Member
so RussZTT ???? did you ever actually finish your car lol?
:lol:

Sorry yes I did. Put down 502rwhp but only saw 12psi. It needs a lower pulley really bad. Plus apparently that is with a sticking rear caliper. My new pad (on the outside) on the passenger side is already worn more than half way with only a few thousand miles on it. :bash:

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
dont give away all your secrets.... its people like posi thats makes fourms watching worth it.... always willing to give a hand, and share the do's and don'ts for the do it your selfer thanks once again....
might be sending u my stage 4 and lower intake to work up after tax season... i did't get the numbers i wanted :(

ReCoil

Let it eat!
Established Member
I am absolutely intrigued by this post. I think I am going to try this since my car is just sitting in the garage anyway and I have all the required tools and then some! Worst case scenario is I have a perfect reason to buy a Whipple, right? :D

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Thanks for the compliments and go ahead and send your blower in because I'd love to upgrade it for you.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

ReCoil

Let it eat!
Established Member

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
There's a thread in our "how-to" section on how to remove it and it should keep the coolant out of the lower intake.

If you do this and need any help just pm me and I'll help out as much as I can. Good luck.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
man i seen how you do your lead ins now on your website...mine are slightly dropped but nowhere near how much the new ones look. Makes me want to rip the eaton off and try to make some slight improvements to the inlet side and open the bottom up slightly more and see if i can get this bad boy up higher with a 2.76 upper only....i so want to toss a whipple on it...but seeing where the eaton goes is so much fun because its by my own hand doing the porting.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Either way just look at your sig and I'd say you did a good job.:rockon:

ReCoil

Let it eat!
Established Member
Just blew about $110 bucks on new carbide cutters and sanders then I went ahead and bought a new polishing kit with a bunch of small buffing wheels and cones. :D :D

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Here is my port and I did a welded plenum:
Port1.gif

Port2.gif

Port3.gif

Port4.gif

Port5.gif

Port6.gif

Port7.gif

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Work on the roof a little bit more and then the rotor lead-ins and you'll be set. Probably make some good power too. Clean it up really good and let us know how it does.

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Whats good to use to clean them up with? Only thing I can think of is brake cleaner.

Not worried about the roof, to afraid of going through. May revisit lead-ins. Only reason I did welded plenum is because I went through, so I figured lets make the most of it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Drain them really good with brake cleaner and then put some grease in them and you're ready to go. Those plenums are easy to cut through also like you said.

Users who are viewing this thread