Shady dealer.

mullens

Established Member
since when is it his responsibility to see that those who want their dream car can afford it?

It is not a matter of responsibility, it is a matter of fairness vs profit. The dealers that are selling at MSRP are still making money, they're just not gouging. These crazy ADM's and holding out the carrot is exploitation plain and simple. I agree it will always be there because there will always be someone to pay it. I guess you can call it business, but hopefully when this 2013 storm blows over, people will remember and take their business elsewhere.

Lemers

Established Member
It's also creating a false supply that is effecting demand.

Some dealers are asking $10k over MSRP and those cars are sitting on lots while others are staying on lots at MSRP. If FoMoCo sees 100 "$65k" cars sitting on lots across the county they aren't going to make as many and the ones they do make go to dealers that are selling theirs or in those areas.

Ford decided to make these cars on the same line as the GT for multiple reasons and one of them is that it makes it easier for them to make more or less of them depending on the demand.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
It is not a matter of responsibility, it is a matter of fairness vs profit. The dealers that are selling at MSRP are still making money, they're just not gouging. These crazy ADM's and holding out the carrot is exploitation plain and simple. I agree it will always be there because there will always be someone to pay it. I guess you can call it business, but hopefully when this 2013 storm blows over, people will remember and take their business elsewhere.
they won't. they did it with the terminators, they did it with the 05s, did it with the first shelbys and have done it with shelbys every year since to one extent or another. people buy them at ridiculous mark ups every single year. and you are right if people wouldn't buy the practice would stop but like P.T. Barnum said "there is a sucker every minute"

there are dealers out there selling them at MSRP but people are willing to spend 69K on a car but not the 250 bucks on a plane ticket to go get it. there is enough stupid to go around

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
It's also creating a false supply that is effecting demand.
no it's not. the supply is there, the demand is there. if people weren't so hot on getting one right away there would be no mark-ups.
Some dealers are asking $10k over MSRP and those cars are sitting on lots while others are staying on lots at MSRP. If FoMoCo sees 100 "$65k" cars sitting on lots across the county they aren't going to make as many and the ones they do make go to dealers that are selling theirs or in those areas.
horseshit. once the cars leave ford they don't give a ****. they MIGHT adjust next years run but that is not likely either. Ford has allowed the rumor that is was going to be a limited production to float with no input from them so people are so worried that they might not get one they are willing to pay an arm and a leg over MSRP to see that they do get one.
Ford decided to make these cars on the same line as the GT for multiple reasons and one of them is that it makes it easier for them to make more or less of them depending on the demand.
and where did you get this info? give me a link because frankly I think it is bullshit as well.

Myfast70

Established Member
it is certainly your right, the only issue I have is that you are calling them dishonest and you have ZERO proof that they have done anything dishonest.

For the record I would make exactly the same decision but for different reasons.

Honesty & dealers don't belong in the same sentence. I've yet to meet an honest car dealer, in fact I'm not sure they even exist! They will always be dishonest in one way or another. Why do you think dealers & car salesmen have such a bad rap? It's because 99% of them are thieves & liars!! That leaves 1% for the couple that "appear" to be honest.

After being jerked around by 3 dealers I can see why people have a disliking towards them. Heck, even my 4th & current dealer has even given me the runaround for the first couple months until I had to play the name dropping game.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

whats not fair is i cant get one! :(

dont pay the adm. just be patient. dont be a sucker for the hype. there are plenty of guys out there kicking themselves for paying too much for their cars.

my buddy is looking at a ZR1 being sold by the 2nd owner. 1st owner reportedly paid $50k adm!! :eek: car has like 10k on it. being sold now for $80kish

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
You can do better then MSRP if you are willing to negotiate hard enough.

Never make an offer on a car, make them bid for your business, not the other way around.

It worked for me, I will be getting my GT500 for under MSRP.

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
My response would be:

"Ford priced the car at $69000 for a reason. There are over 100 of these asking over MSRP sitting on lots across the country. Would you like to pay interest on this car and HOPE that someone pays over sticker? I'm willing to pay you MSRP tomorrow, and secure it with a $2000 deposit right now."

Exactly what I would do if I was you.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Honesty & dealers don't belong in the same sentence. I've yet to meet an honest car dealer, in fact I'm not sure they even exist! They will always be dishonest in one way or another. Why do you think dealers & car salesmen have such a bad rap? It's because 99% of them are thieves & liars!! That leaves 1% for the couple that "appear" to be honest.

After being jerked around by 3 dealers I can see why people have a disliking towards them. Heck, even my 4th & current dealer has even given me the runaround for the first couple months until I had to play the name dropping game.

I can guarantee you a car salesman has been lied to by a customer just as many times if not more times than they have lied to a customer.

"I'll be back later today"
"my wife needs to approve"
"my credit is great"
"I don't have a trade"
"I can only afford $250/mo"

I could go on and on- this is one of those things that will never change, it's the unfortunate game of negotiation.

Not all car dealers are bad- its a small majority that give everyone else a bad name. Most are very fair

The best thing any car buyer can do is be armed with facts and be an educated car buyer- that way- the customer doesn't have to lie- and the salesperson doesnt either. There is no game to be played. But this is true when buying a TV, a fridge, a house etc.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
NOT EVERY DEALER IS OUT TO GET THEIR CUSTOMERS.

With that being said. I have a 13 GT500 (white/red, Recaros, Track Package, Performance Package), and IT IS NOT FOR SALE. I have received calls at least 3 times a week from consumers wanting to buy it. After I tell them it is my car, and not for sale (and that I would be happy to order for them with our 2014 allocations) they tell me that they are WILLING to pay up to $5,000 over sticker for my car. So who's really to blame here? :poke:

For the record, I wouldn't sell it for $10k over sticker, it's too much fun! :banana:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
NOT EVERY DEALER IS OUT TO GET THEIR CUSTOMERS.

With that being said. I have a 13 GT500 (white/red, Recaros, Track Package, Performance Package), and IT IS NOT FOR SALE. I have received calls at least 3 times a week from consumers wanting to buy it. After I tell them it is my car, and not for sale (and that I would be happy to order for them with our 2014 allocations) they tell me that they are WILLING to pay up to $5,000 over sticker for my car. So who's really to blame here? :poke:

For the record, I wouldn't sell it for $10k over sticker, it's too much fun! :banana:
. Sell it for 15k over sticker, pay cash fora 2014 lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
. Sell it for 15k over sticker, pay cash fora 2014 lol

Then I have to wait.. haha

But in all honesty, I would rather have a 13 than a 14. I know it doesn't make it any more valuable, but Carroll died this year so this was the last car he 'worked' on.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Take the car out of inventory if it's "your car"
It's not In inventory. People are driving by and see it in the parking lot, or see it while looking at other vehicles. Your assumption that it is in inventory is laughable at best.

Users who are viewing this thread