Shelby GT500 Goes to the track! (not the 1320') ;o)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
bobosfocus said:
Hey Bruce, what color was that Viper that went off?

It was red. Actually it was my Buddy Tom's (Black Death) friend. It was the first lap of the session and the track was cool and he thought his tires would have some grip. They didn't. He stuffed it in there pretty bad. :(

Yellow Iron said:
This started out as a street driven project,

You're not going to talk me into doing that to the GT500!! Nosiree Bob!!! ;-) :poke:

ShelbyGuy said:
that took longer than expected :)

John, I'm getting slow in my old age! :-D

VENM said:
I talked to KB yesterday and they said if I added the intercooler we could spin up tp 15 psi of boost and we should expect another 50+ hp :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Hey thats only $40 per pony :idea:

Get out the check book!!! I hear Marv has some openings next month! :pepper:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
VENM said:
Marv, right you are. Overall the KB has been pretty good to me other that not producing the horsepower that they claimed right out of the box. The KB does give me great torque on corner exit, pulling 3rd or 4th gear when I could shift to 2nd or 3rd at some tracks. It's easy to get really wrapped up in horsepower and really the only track you need it on (that I run) is RA.
My car just "tuckers out" when I have to grab 5th gear at RA :whine: :whine: :whine:

I talked to KB yesterday and they said if I added the intercooler we could spin up tp 15 psi of boost and we should expect another 50+ hp :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Hey thats only $40 per pony :idea:

That's what I think we're seeing in the videos. The combination of your lighter weight Cobra, greater momentum going in and improved torque - exactly where you need it - makes you a real force to contend with coming out of those turns. It's a great setup for the New Edge. Of course, one can never go fast enough... but the sound of the cash $$$$ register is hard to get out of your head. Also, more boost would probably equate to reliability issues over 20 to 30 minutes sessions, no? You may be maxed out at the current price/reliability point. Too much more may bring diminishing returns...like breakages/$$$ cutting into driving fun. Not a bad place to be right now...you and your car perform really well.

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
That's what I think we're seeing in the videos. The combination of your lighter weight Cobra, greater momentum going in and improved torque - exactly where you need it - makes you a real force to contend with coming out of those turns. It's a great setup for the New Edge. Of course, one can never go fast enough... but the sound of the cash $$$$ register is hard to get out of your head. Also, more boost would probably equate to reliability issues over 20 to 30 minutes sessions, no? You may be maxed out at the current price/reliability point. Too much more may bring diminishing returns...like breakages/$$$ cutting into driving fun. Not a bad place to be right now...you and your car perform really well.
Performance Red Coupe #1598 6/18/2001

The one thing about "open tracking" is you don't have to look too hard for someone to spank you real hard :eek: :eek: :eek:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Yeah, "open" like in "open class"...anything goes, the more money you put in the faster you go....if you've got talent that is. I can see how it can get addicting and expensive...needing to spanking back, that is. Wish I had that problem. Clay, can you post a couple of good shots of your car?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
1999snake said:
Do they require you to have a cage in the car? Where can I find info about the rules?

Kory:

With a Vert, most organizations will make you have a roll bar at least! Coupes are fine to run without a roll bar. All you really need is a SNELL 2000 helmet and a desire to learn!

Search on the NASA website for HPDE events in your area. The BMW, Audi and Porsche Clubs will No Doubt, have events in your area? Do a search for driving schools, open track events and HPDE (high performance driving experience) and see what you can dig up?

If you need more help, drop me a PM.

Good Luck!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

1999snake

Established Member
I have a 1998 GT hardtop that I will be installing a DOHC and IRS into. The vert is pretty much for cruising. I will have to check that out. Thanks for all the video though. Looks like a lot of fun.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
GTO gets taken to school

Ok Guys:

Here is a little more video I've captured. This is the end of Damian's ride and I've named it Part IIa.

We follow Clay in his '01 Cobra and encounter a GTO. Damian does the color commentary as we pass! ;-)

I'm still waiting for the split screen video from Andy from this event. that should prove to be pretty entertaining?

Enjoy

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ef879b8f-5fdc-4238-9527-9873018b3d9f.htm

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Ok Guys:

Here is a little more video I've captured. This is the end of Damian's ride and I've named it Part IIa.

We follow Clay in his '01 Cobra and encounter a GTO. Damian does the color commentary as we pass! ;-)

I'm still waiting for the split screen video from Andy from this event. that should prove to be pretty entertaining?

Enjoy

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ef879b8f-5fdc-4238-9527-9873018b3d9f.htm

THANKS BRUCE!

What's the story on that Black Cobra in front of yours on this video (Mods?)?

Forgive me if youv'e gone over it already in another thread.

Keep em coming Bruce!!! Great entertainment!!:pop: :beer: :pop: :beer: !!!

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
1BADGT500 said:
THANKS BRUCE!

What's the story on that Black Cobra in front of yours on this video (Mods?)?

Forgive me if youv'e gone over it already in another thread.

Keep em coming Bruce!!! Great entertainment!!:pop: :beer: :pop: :beer: !!!

See post #166 in this thread. Marv has the shop that did the work on Clay's car. He describes the mods to the car in that post.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
See post #166 in this thread. Marv has the shop that did the work on Clay's car. He describes the mods to the car in that post.

Thanks Bruce, I missed that post somehow.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Derek:

There's going to be a test later so you better read up!?! ;-)

Does the person with the highest score get to drive your car?:poke: :thumbsup: :beer: :banana: :pepper:

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
Does the person with the highest score get to drive your car?:poke: :thumbsup: :beer: :banana: :pepper:

:lol: :pop:

That was a cool video, sounds like Damian was impressed ;-).

Whats the story with the yellow car off the track, after the checkered? :poke: Didn't look to bad. :shrug:

Keep it up B! :beer: :burnout:

-Geo :rolling:

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
That Goat went down pretty hard :beer: :beer: :beer:

I need a few more ponies and some gear changes from Santa Claus :pepper:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BlackBolt9 said:

Ummmm............ no! ;-) A ride? Maybe?! :idea:

Fenah said:
:lol: :pop:

That was a cool video, sounds like Damian was impressed ;-).

Whats the story with the yellow car off the track, after the checkered? :poke: Didn't look to bad. :shrug:

Keep it up B! :beer: :burnout:

-Geo :rolling:

Damian was very impressed but he wasn't driving! :poke: The car takes considerable amount of effort to motivate like that around the track! ;-)

The yellow car was a Z06. They are off the track all the time! :poke: There was an event that this same Midwest F-Body group put on a year or so ago and there was a Z06 off the track (sometimes two of them) in every damn session! ! :fart: It was pathetic! :kaboom:

Hey guys:

I'll bet you thought I was done?!?! :p Actually, I've got a few more!

Here's a video of my fast lap of the weekend. I didn't know until last night when I was timing laps off of the tape. Actually on my fast lap, I had been held up by a GTO between turns 12 and 14. I have no clue what amount of time may have been added following him? Even after the pass, there is a consideration for quite a bit of time because my exit speed in turn 14 was sustantially lower because of him.

Anyway, here's the vid of my 2:39 lap. We will never know what I could have run had I not had this problem. Maybe I'll just have to take the car back to the track again to see? :-D

Enjoy:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7c12ebaa-8200-41f8-8e8d-98770011e230.htm

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
Nice video again Bruce but where's Damian I didn't hear a squeak out of him... did you drop him off at the bar or the outhouse? :beer: :fart: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread