Shelby GT500 Goes to the track! (not the 1320') ;o)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
1BADGT500 said:
Nice video again Bruce but where's Damian I didn't hear a squeak out of him... did you drop him off at the bar or the outhouse? :beer: :fart: :beer:

Derek:

Damian was not in the car when I ran the fast lap. I was alone in the car.

Fenah said:
That SH*t IS BANANAS! :rockon:

W3RD! ;-)

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Ummmm............ no! ;-) A ride? Maybe?! :idea:

Alright I am still game for that :pepper: :banana:

ac427cobra said:
The yellow car was a Z06. They are off the track all the time! :poke: There was an event that this same Midwest F-Body group put on a year or so ago and there was a Z06 off the track (sometimes two of them) in every damn session! ! :fart: It was pathetic! :kaboom:

Weren't they complaining about the Corvette club ruining the landscaping at Autobahn in the spring of '05 when we were there with SVTOA and AV8SS?:pop:

ac427cobra said:
Hey guys:

I'll bet you thought I was done?!?! :p Actually, I've got a few more!

Here's a video of my fast lap of the weekend. I didn't know until last night when I was timing laps off of the tape. Actually on my fast lap, I had been held up by a GTO between turns 12 and 14. I have no clue what amount of time may have been added following him? Even after the pass, there is a consideration for quite a bit of time because my exit speed in turn 14 was sustantially lower because of him.

Anyway, here's the vid of my 2:39 lap. We will never know what I could have run had I not had this problem. Maybe I'll just have to take the car back to the track again to see? :-D
:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

You done? Never! :lol: Great video you were definitely flying, using the whole track, these heavy cars:poke: require the use of curbing to make it around fast :-D I can't wait until next spring to see just how much this car does make it to the track regardless of how much you say it isn't for that!:pop: :pepper: :banana: :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BlackBolt9 said:
You done? Never! :lol:

W3RD ;-)

Blown032k said:
Bump for any more footage of the NSX? I really appreciate all your help, sorry for the nagging :) .

Actually the NSX showed up again in this video! :-D I knew I had some other footage of it! :idea: It passes me at 18:40 on the video and it passes Andy at 19:20 and Andy actually does a pretty good job of stepping up the program trying to keep the NSX reeled in. Leaving me in the dust! But some slower traffic gets involved and the NSX gets by and Andy doesn't. :(

This is video #8 and it's video VII in the series. This is Andy's handiwork. A split screen version of our Sunday morning session. All new and unseen footage here! I think the video is about 25 minutes and it's from the grid to the paddock. During the first session of every group each day has a yellow flag (no passing) so we were stuck behind a Corvette for the entire first lap. Imagine that!?! ;-)

Enjoy!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/81b16c9e-4ff6-4508-9a26-988200f1d1cf.htm

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
Bruce, will there be a collectors holiday dvd available :idea: Thanks for keeping the spirit alive, these winters get kinda long :beer:

however, we sure could have squeezed another event out this weekend!!

Last edited:

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
Bruce, how close are you to getting on the limiter going down the back straight? With all that torque, is the Shelby faster getting up the hill out of fourteen and faster on the front straight than the back?

Last edited:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Nice video Bruce! I love that split screen setup. It makes it that much more fun to watch. Andy did a terrific job of synching them together!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
VENM said:
Bruce, will there be a collectors holiday dvd available :idea: Thanks for keeping the spirit alive, these winters get kinda long :beer:

however, we sure could have squeezed another event out this weekend!!

Clay:

No DVD in the plan, sorry! ;-)

Yes the weather would have been very conducive for an event this weekend! :idea: I have been to the track in much worse weather!

bobosfocus said:
Bruce, how close are you to getting on the limiter going down the back straight? With all that torque, is the Shelby faster getting up the hill out of fourteen and faster on the front straight than the back?

Bob:

I'm not near the rev limiter in fifth gear anywhere on the track. To tell you the truth I don't know what the top RPM that is hit on the track? :(

In both the "R" and the GT500 my top speed is hit on the front stretch. The straight between 3 and 5 and Kettle Bottoms (The Kink to 12) are about the same top speed which is approximately 10 MPH slower than the front stretch.

BlackBolt9 said:
Nice video Bruce! I love that split screen setup. It makes it that much more fun to watch. Andy did a terrific job of synching them together!

Tom:

Andy I'm sure learns all of his video tricks from Damian? Damian is the true Video Master! :idea: That guy makes some truly amazing videos. He's been promising to make me a video for a while now? He says he's getting close to starting one?! :shrug: I can hardly wait! :pepper:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Bruce

Perhaps you posted this already. How are your lap times in the GT compared to your R? I know you stated it was a little slower at first but I imagine it has improved since you've got more seat time in the GT.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i have heard the difference in times from the r to the shelby both in their current forms. i would like to know if you have some some track times comparing the 2 vehicles while in stock form or close to stock form. in other words what did gwen run when she was a baby at ra?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Here's a video of my fast lap of the weekend. I didn't know until last night when I was timing laps off of the tape. Actually on my fast lap, I had been held up by a GTO between turns 12 and 14. I have no clue what amount of time may have been added following him? Even after the pass, there is a consideration for quite a bit of time because my exit speed in turn 14 was sustantially lower because of him.

Anyway, here's the vid of my 2:39 lap. We will never know what I could have run had I not had this problem. Maybe I'll just have to take the car back to the track again to see? :-D

Enjoy:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7c12ebaa-8200-41f8-8e8d-98770011e230.htm

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1560926

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The one guy says he saw 2 Z's running 2:30-2:34 with only tires. That's not too bad. That T1 C5 Z is really fast.

So much is driver, it's really hard to gauge the cars true performance potential

I bet if Bruce ever drove a new Z (not that he ever would) with the same mods as his GT500 and with the same comfort level he could shave 4-5 seconds off the GT500 best time.

Not jumping on the Z's nuts, but lets be realistic.

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
The one guy says he saw 2 Z's running 2:30-2:34 with only tires. That's not too bad. That T1 C5 Z is really fast.

So much is driver, it's really hard to gauge the cars true performance potential

I bet if Bruce ever drove a new Z (not that he ever would) with the same mods as his GT500 and with the same comfort level he could shave 4-5 seconds off the GT500 best time.

I have no doubt the z06 is a much faster car. I am trying to compare it to the c6. I would guess a z06 driven by bruce would go .30's or better.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
I have no doubt the z06 is a much faster car. I am trying to compare it to the c6. I would guess a z06 driven by bruce would go .30's or better.

My bad, I didn't realize you were refering to the C6. That's definitely a much better comparison.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
SlowSVT said:
Bruce

Perhaps you posted this already. How are your lap times in the GT compared to your R? I know you stated it was a little slower at first but I imagine it has improved since you've got more seat time in the GT.

GT500 ran a 2:39:6. The R ran 2:30:4 with 500# less mass, coil over suspension, reconfigured IRS, pads, chassis stiffening, 4:10 gears, exhaust, driver's seat and intake.

ON D BIT said:
i have heard the difference in times from the r to the shelby both in their current forms. i would like to know if you have some some track times comparing the 2 vehicles while in stock form or close to stock form. in other words what did gwen run when she was a baby at ra?

I really can't compare track times from both cars fairly stock because I ran a 2:43 my first year with the R basically stock with tires, cage, SFC's, exhaust and pads. But I was just a pup. (on the driving skill scale) Second year I ran a 2:38 with my Aluminum, UHMW and Delrin IRS and CC plates as my only additional improvements. Third year was coil-over suspension and KB IRS. Ran a 2:32. This year I was hoping to break 2:30 but came up a bit short with a 2:30:4. It was pretty hot. Next year I'll have the 14" front brake upgrade and I'll break the 2:30 barrier fo SHO! I still have the opinion a GT500 beats a 2000 Cobra R on a road course totally stock! Not by a lot mind you, but it beats it. It's also my opinion a 2000 R beats a Terminator on a road course by an eyelash!

dgussin1 said:
also, what do you think my car would run with you driving on your rubber?

The suspension is worth at least four seconds IMHO. You have more power that's a second or two. So you're looking at a conservative 2:33. Just a WAG you understand! :-D

GTSpartan said:

A good driver in a C5Z (it is possible, even though I don't run into many of them?) Can run a 2:30. But you need front pads also. My Pal Tom who drives Black Death (modded 02 Z06) runs 2:31's. I have to drive my ass off to get around him! I'm pretty sure I could break 2:30 with his car. I'm not going to give him any of my speed secrets!!! :dw: You think I'm crazy?!?! :idea:

dgussin1 said:

Ha ha you might be able to "bribe" me to get me into a Corvette, but I doubt it?. (there are a couple of sure clinchers I'd do it for!) But let's say it came to fruition. I'm pretty confident I could drive a C6-Z off the showroom floor and break 2:30 with it? Another WAG you understand!?

Users who are viewing this thread