Shelby GT500 Stock Dyno Numbers

Stock GT500 rwHP

• Total voters

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
R U TRIPIN said:
why is it that NO one called BS when i posted my stock numbers... but when i post my tune numbers there off and everyone call BS... both of these numbers where achieved on a clayton...

first off another dyno said otherwise.

second even your own tuner said his dyno reads low on hp below 450 and high on hp above 500.

third the dyno is not end all horsepower reading. its a very good tool to be used in preperation and tuning engines in all types of enviroments.:beer:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Like stated above, Trippin, 490rw is right where you should be. If I were you, I'd stop quoting the Clayton numbers, they are simply inaccurate (even B&D said so).

OrangeRocket

Established Member
Dyno'ed a Shelby today (I own the dyno shop, not the Shelby lol), in fact the first one at our shop. Boy Ford doesn't want you messing with the coil packs on these, torque bit and 4mm socket required to remove lol (have to remove to get rpm signal for dyno).
Anyways, it had 714 miles on it, bone stock + an axleback Exhaust (pypes), no tuning/pulley/chip. 1st dynorun was 450rwhp and 450rwtq.
2nd and 3rd pull were 467rwhp and 462rwtq. I even checked the SAE correction factor to make sure it didn't change. Wow that is a strong Shelby from the #'s I am seeing! It was 79degrees, 25% humidity, and there was 10minutes cooldown between the dynoruns. :eek:

eci

Banned
dgussin1 said:
how about you go back to your 13 year old POS 94 gt forum, ok buddy! :rollseyes

Oh so a 13 year old car is now a POS?

Nice attitude, you're a real Mustang fan.

HEHEHEH ANY CAR THAtS NOT A SGT500 SHELVBY CARROl is POS!!

eci

Banned
drmustang said:
Investing 6 or 7 thousand dollars in a 12 year old car may not be a great plan in the longer term. You are building a car that likely is unbalanced to a degree and will be somewhat unsafe or unreliable. Rarely do these projects have the transmission, clutch, rear end, front suspension, rear suspension and braking upgrades packaged to match or handle a dramatic power increase.

The total investment in an older car project could be better used as a down payment on a recent(Terminator) or current(GT500) Mustang that would suit your performance needs far better over time.

Investing $45k into a new GT500 that will be worth $25k in 5 years is a great long term plan?

Most stangs with modified suspension have shock/strut/spring combos LEAGUES ahead of what's on the GT500. Also keep in mind the GT500 has the big Brembos due to MASSIVE WEIGHT. They aren't required on lighter stangs. GT500's also have stock Mustang GT rear brakes. Modified stangs also have HP clutches or they wouldn't last long now would they. Modified stangs also have Viper spec t56's which are plenty.

So there went your whole argument. If you think the parts on the GT500 are as good as what the aftermarket sells you're fooling yourself. If you don't believe me have a look at your LCA's.

Last edited:

eci

Banned
Justin00Stang said:
The attached dynograph is SAE corrected and has all of the run data at the bottom, temp, correction factor, etc (very important).

Bill's stock Shelby with 1200miles.
stocks.jpg

God damn that things pig rich.

I picked up my 07-shelby gt500,10/24/06.I'm waitting on saleen to pick it up,and they will be up dating it. Then we'll have some dyno#s. I did a poll vote,and i sold my previous S281Cobra#97. I have only 14.3 miles on my Shelby Gt500,as i post this. It's a coupe,white/blue-lemans-stripes. Saleen will have it 3/4 months or so and will be doing a tune,& testing on it,for a experiment. We'll see and I'll keep this site posted as I get information from saleen.

manOwar

Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
I picked up my 07-shelby gt500,10/24/06.I'm waitting on saleen to pick it up,and they will be up dating it. Then we'll have some dyno#s. I did a poll vote,and i sold my previous S281Cobra#97. I have only 14.3 miles on my Shelby Gt500,as i post this. It's a coupe,white/blue-lemans-stripes. Saleen will have it 3/4 months or so and will be doing a tune,& testing on it,for a experiment. We'll see and I'll keep this site posted as I get information from saleen.

Randy, Please post a photo of you with your Shelby.

Inquiring minds want to know....

Thanks,

will post pictures as soon as i get it back from saleen.it's been there since 12/23/06.Waitting on the finish product as we speak. saleen will not even tell me except that the new blwer is running fantastic,and is removed at this time . There enginers are stuying what they want to do to it,from my last converstation with saleen this past Tuesday afternoon It's covered up in the engine room,and will not work on it for at least another month. Due to the P/J/Saleen mustangs are being built and shipped out and other projects. I'm in no hurry i'm sure saleen will do a fantastic job onit. I think they will put the watts spension on it and lower it from 2 to 3 inches. There not too sure just think of the best way to set it up.Thats what was told to me this past tuesday by saleen on the supension. Still considering there options on it.

Last edited:

Crossss

Mad Torque Inc.
Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
saleen dynoed my shelby,and there # was 460,at the rear wheel,stated as the blower heated up lost around 10/15-Hp,at rear wheel.

Are these numbers SAE corrected? So they're saying with your car cooled down it would've be around 470-475rwhp? What type of dyno were they using?

Saleen stated when they first got the car that saturday,12/23/06.They put it in the engine room,and the very first dyno run was pulled at the rear wheel at 460HP. Then they did two other dyno runs and it lost 10/15,HP at the rear wheel,as the roots blower heated up thats when it loss the Hp. So they then installed there twin Screw Blower,a Lyshom,twin screw.I did not get those #s.I spoke to carlos Duran ,marketing Mgr.,and said he'd e-mail- the dyno #s before the blower change over,and would e-mail me the new #s,with saleens blower. I'm still waitting on those#s. I spoke too carlos this past Tuesday,and he said that there enginers had removed there blower,and are looking further into their-project.THERE ENGINERS MIGHT DO TO THE ENGINE,AND THEN REINSTALL THERE SALEEN TWIN SCREW BLOWER on it. Carlos then said there enginers are considering in putting the same supension /springs/shocks/stabliezer-bar as the parnelli jones/ saleen 302 edition that saleen just released. I think its a Watts performance supension,and would lower it 2/3,inches,then do some up grading on the exhaust. There not shore what they will do to the front bumpers,back bumpers,if they will change them out to saleen bumpers. I told them to do what ever they wanted to this car. I know that saleen will up grade it right. It will be #rd thgrough the speed lab team from what carlos told me. When i have official information from them I'll post the #s. It's covered and will not work on it for another month due to the pernelli jones/ saleen project ,of building them and shipping them out,and want time too study my shelby more,for the finial product. We'll see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread