Shelby GT500 Stock Dyno Numbers

Stock GT500 rwHP

• Total voters

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
actually according to your story you got 54hp and 36tq tune alone(479-425, 463-427). you then recieved another 20hp and 18tq with a 13 degree temp drop.

i will say this with the above as evidence. one can tune a stock gt500 and get upwards of 50 extra horsepower from tune alone. from a tune and some other extra ordinary circumstances(like a big temp drop) you can recieve upwards of 75 extra horses on the gt500.

there is still no way a tune only will put down 532rwhp on an otherwise stock gt500. :nono: well you might get reach that number if it is running in freezing temperature or lower.:lol:
we put 22 to 23 degrees of timing... is it still not possible... why is it that NO one called BS when i posted my stock numbers... but when i post my tune numbers there off and everyone call BS... both of these numbers where achieved on a clayton...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
R U TRIPIN said:
we put 22 to 23 degrees of timing... is it still not possible... why is it that NO one called BS when i posted my stock numbers... but when i post my tune numbers there off and everyone call BS... both of these numbers where achieved on a clayton...

have you not listened to a word i have said? the numbers you once had means nothing to you or i. the difference in numbers mean nothing to you or i. the only numbers that matter to you should be numbers you are putting down today. 490 are great numbers, be proud of that.:beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
ON D BIT said:
let me see if i am reading this right.

at 77f you get 479hp and 463tq with tune.
at 64f you get 499hp and 481tq with same tune.:bowdown:

with a 13f drop you gained 20hp and 18tq correct.:idea:

you baseline was 75f equal to 425hp and 427tq.

what would have been you baseline at 64f shop temp? by adding lets say 18hp and 15tq would have put you at 443hp and 442tq?:??: :shrug:

this car does not like heat at all does it?:( yes it was worth the wait for the complete story.:D

Yes, everything is correct as you stated.:thumbsup:

And the stories of heat soak really showed on my results. Know I know what they were all talking about! I experienced it first hand! :(

R U TRIPIN said:

Jeremy:

That is a little more timing than I would be comfortable with? :read:

Be sure your fuel is not too lean either? That will make more power but cause long term problems. Just a word of caution!?:coolman:

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Yes, everything is correct as you stated.:thumbsup:

And the stories of heat soak really showed on my results. Know I know what they were all talking about! I experienced it first hand! :(

Jeremy:

That is a little more timing than I would be comfortable with? :read:

Be sure your fuel is not too lean either? That will make more power but cause long term problems. Just a word of caution!?:coolman:

my air/fuel is 11.5 across the board... i believe this is safe....

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
IamMike said:
dumb question but why Corsa's instead of flowmasters?

I "thought" the FM sounded a little raspy in the sound clips? :shrug: Turns out the Corsa is pretty much the same?

Oh well! :rollseyes

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member

Bruce, will this car shut down when it gets to hot like the 03/04's do. When i was at RA last month, the 04 got to hot and went into the limp mode. I know this weekend at Ra will ge coool? but i was curious. Scott

IamMike

exUSAFmike
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I "thought" the FM sounded a little raspy in the sound clips? :shrug: Turns out the Corsa is pretty much the same?

ahh I see. I am curious as to performance gains for each...I may be losing my mind but I thought I read the corsa's actually reduced HP a tad :shrug:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ac427cobra said:

some long tubes and off road pipe should take that rasp completely away!!!??!:D :burnout:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
scottmartin said:
Bruce, will this car shut down when it gets to hot like the 03/04's do. When i was at RA last month, the 04 got to hot and went into the limp mode. I know this weekend at Ra will ge coool? but i was curious. Scott

ON D BIT said:
some long tubes and off road pipe should take that rasp completely away!!!??!:D :burnout:

There is No Doubt! X2 :-D

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Hey Bruce - can you also delete the names that show up within the poll results for those "votes" you had to delete (because they didn't really own a GT500)? Thanks!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Black2003Cobra said:
Hey Bruce - can you also delete the names that show up within the poll results for those "votes" you had to delete (because they didn't really own a GT500)? Thanks!

Sorry, I'm only able to modify the number of votes not the names! :( Plus I have not had a lot of time to double check the votes/posts to see if they match up? I've been pretty busy getting "Scarlett" ready for the track!! :pepper:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I've been pretty busy getting "Scarlett" ready for the track!! :pepper:
Well I wish you both the best of luck! Hopefully you get some good video to share.:beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
2-slow said:
Well I wish you both the best of luck! Hopefully you get some good video to share.:beer:

There is No Doubt we'll have some good video!:-D

I just hope I can get some traction on those dinky ass tires I put on the car!??! I'm going to take some slicks from my "R" along just in case I can't use all of my throttle?!!? That would suck, huh? :shrug:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I'm going to take some slicks from my "R" along just in case I can't use all of my throttle?!!? That would suck, huh? :shrug:
Well I'm not sure how you run there but I would say run it with the tires that are on the car now a couple times then bolt up the slicks, let her cool down and give it hell.:rockon: :shrug:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
There is No Doubt we'll have some good video!:-D

I just hope I can get some traction on those dinky ass tires I put on the car!??! I'm going to take some slicks from my "R" along just in case I can't use all of my throttle?!!? That would suck, huh? :shrug:

throttle good!!!?!???!!!!:uh oh: :-D

full throttle betterrrrr!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!???????!!:eek: :D

:beer: :burnout: :thumbsup: ;-) :coolman: :banana: :pepper:

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
A/C, I have rarely fessed up to jealousy in a public place. But I will now. To the best of my knowledge, you are the first person to use their own GT500 as it should be used.
God Speed man, God Speed.
...And if anything should happen, set up a paypal account, and I will help to fix it. Much better to help you than my bloody dealer who screwed me on an ADM.

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
that 04 cobra the gt ran i would have to say for sure didnt have a smaller pulley or much of an exaust but nice try to claim it anyway

Users who are viewing this thread