Shelby GT500 Stock Dyno Numbers

Stock GT500 rwHP

• Total voters

drmustang

Banned
Investing 6 or 7 thousand dollars in a 12 year old car may not be a great plan in the longer term. You are building a car that likely is unbalanced to a degree and will be somewhat unsafe or unreliable. Rarely do these projects have the transmission, clutch, rear end, front suspension, rear suspension and braking upgrades packaged to match or handle a dramatic power increase.

The total investment in an older car project could be better used as a down payment on a recent(Terminator) or current(GT500) Mustang that would suit your performance needs far better over time.

Rob Sanders

ac427cobra said:
In a straight line, perhaps you're right? But when I race, I turn left and right. I can pretty much guarantee who's going to be getting spanked like a redheaded stepchild! :idea:

;-) :-D

We have a Tokyo Drifter!!:sleeping: :lol:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Rob Sanders said:
We have a Tokyo Drifter!!:sleeping: :lol:
I love when the new guys come on here to be cute and end up making a complete ass out of themselves.:lol: More like Tokyo Ass Kicker on the track.:lol1:

MD03SVT

Established Member
Funny I guess he's off to the track to hopfully find a time slip in the garbage cuz it's obvious he doesn't have any of his own worth mentioning.As for me I am finally heading back to the track after 3 longs weeks of getting rained out,Stay tuned for New numbers...;-)

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
94VibrantRedGT said:
40k Stock Cobra Not Impressive performance wise off the dyno

Your right it's not. It's a fat pig and it's funny how the guys who were bleeding MUSTANG Terminator blood afew months ago are now apparently think thier elitists with the 40k+MUSTANG. Alot of these same guys bitched about the weight of thier terminators, and went and bought a heavier car. Alot of these same guys bitched about how thier MUSTANGS had electrical issues, made numerous squeeks,rattles,vibrations, and couldn't stand them. To only go and buy another, more expensive FIRST PRODUCTION RUN of another MUSTANG.

Come on don't fool yourself. It's a Ford product. I have one, you have one. So seriously STFU. Your not driving a ****ing ferrari. Could I buy one? Sure. Don't want one. Why? Because it's a 40k MUSTANG, and apparently if the shelby owners in this thread are any indication I defiantely don't want one because I don't just my **** size by my car. lol

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Cobra04 said:
Your right it's not. It's a fat pig and it's funny how the guys who were bleeding MUSTANG Terminator blood afew months ago are now apparently think thier elitists with the 40k+MUSTANG. Alot of these same guys bitched about the weight of thier terminators, and went and bought a heavier car. Alot of these same guys bitched about how thier MUSTANGS had electrical issues, made numerous squeeks,rattles,vibrations, and couldn't stand them. To only go and buy another, more expensive FIRST PRODUCTION RUN of another MUSTANG.

Come on don't fool yourself. It's a Ford product. I have one, you have one. So seriously STFU. Your not driving a ****ing ferrari. Could I buy one? Sure. Don't want one. Why? Because it's a 40k MUSTANG, and apparently if the shelby owners in this thread are any indication I defiantely don't want one because I don't just my **** size by my car. lol
:lol: What a joke. Did anyone ever think maybe the guys who have the car actually like it? This is like trying to convince a ford guy to go buy a camaro. Your not going to change anyone's mind by complaining about it's obvious downfalls. Don't forget the Term is only a few hundred pounds less and not real impressive sitting next to a 4,000lb. car that will walk it down the road. Get the **** over it and quit bitching.;-)

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
94VibrantRedGT said:
40k Stock Cobra Not Impressive performance wise off the dyno

5K Stock GT Not Impressive performance wise
I put 6-7k into my car and it will take your car any day of the week, even if you put your basic boltons the car.

:pop:

Enough with this ricer logic already. For $1500 I could buy a 5.0 fox and with 5k invested kick the shit out of your 94 all day long. :loser:

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
94VibrantRedGT said:
Dyno numbers are all fine and dandy but when it comes down to it what kind of MPH and ET are these cars running. 480rwhp 12.87 @ 113... 450rwhp 12.1 @ 117. Not impressive for the sticker price of these cars. Its the most powerful mustang ford has built but its a turd.

Take this with a grain of salt.
My .02

Long live the 5.0 Fairmont:loser:

Last edited:

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
talk about a pissing match
can't we all just get along?
after all we all have Ford Stangs
BTW my 95 Cobra R beats the shit outta everything it goes up against but I still prefer my 03 over it(9.15@138 is better than 11.55 @123), more refined as soon as the price comes down I will own an 07 also (much more refined and alot more sexier) bottom line you get what you pay for
bottom line the 07 is here to stay don't like it don't POST it's that easy
now with that said lets see some more dyno #'s

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
2-slow said:
:lol: What a joke. Did anyone ever think maybe the guys who have the car actually like it? This is like trying to convince a ford guy to go buy a camaro. Your not going to change anyone's mind by complaining about it's obvious downfalls. Don't forget the Term is only a few hundred pounds less and not real impressive sitting next to a 4,000lb. car that will walk it down the road. Get the **** over it and quit bitching.;-)

Who's bitching?No nothing wrong with someone liking it. I mean people buy mistubishi's, kia's and lexus's all the time. I don't like them but nothing wrong with other's liking them, how does this have ANYTHING to do with the fact that the car is an overweight over priced FORD that alot of the new owners think is a ferrari?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Cobra04 said:

Dear Mr. 04 Cobra:

Flattery will get you nowhere! Do you believe your '04 Cobra was an improvement over the '99-'01 Cobra? If not, then you can stop reading the remainder of this post right here..................

Ford improved the Cobras with every generation since the inception of the first SVT Cobra in 1993. If you don't believe or realize that, you're living in some kind of Fantasy World? This new release from SVT is no different. So no matter how much you hate that fact, it will not change. No matter how much you "hate" on the car, the facts will still not change. The sooner you come to grips with it the sooner you can begin the recovery!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I just don't understand why these haters/whiners :cryying: continue to come into this subforum and bitch. :shrug: I've never seen a GT500 owner/fan go into the Terminator, SN95, 5.0 etc. subforums and bitch about their cars. I agree with Bruce that every new generation Cobra has been better than the last. Maybe they are just jealous and/or can't afford the new Shelby. :-D

Last edited:

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The attached dynograph is SAE corrected and has all of the run data at the bottom, temp, correction factor, etc (very important).

Bill's stock Shelby with 1200miles.
stocks.jpg

94VibrantRedGT

Established Member
I have a graph of my dyno when I had H/C/I and nitrous with a 100 shot. I have pictures of the blower setup on my car just no dyno graphs. Sorry i do not run home from the track go buy a scanner and scan in my time slip. Videos speak for them selves. Dyno graphs well to me they are a number on a piece of paper and it is as good a piece of toilet paper. As for the fox comment. I would like to see a fox with 5-6k in mods getting remotely close to my car in a race.

You keyboard commandos can continue to type your black eyes. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
94VibrantRedGT said:
I have a graph of my dyno when I had H/C/I and nitrous with a 100 shot. I have pictures of the blower setup on my car just no dyno graphs. Sorry i do not run home from the track go buy a scanner and scan in my time slip. Videos speak for them selves. Dyno graphs well to me they are a number on a piece of paper and it is as good a piece of toilet paper. As for the fox comment. I would like to see a fox with 5-6k in mods getting remotely close to my car in a race.

You keyboard commandos can continue to type your black eyes. :thumbsup:

You have a supercharged 5XXrwhp 94 GT and you're talking shit? :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread