Shelby GT500 Stock Dyno Numbers

Stock GT500 rwHP

• Total voters

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I vote to ban this douchebag.

BTW, I am in North Platte, Nebraska...gonna head to Iowa City tomorrow will hit Chicago, by Tuesday for lunch.

94VibrantRedGT

Established Member
dgussin1 said:

BTW, I am in North Platte, Nebraska...gonna head to Iowa City tomorrow will hit Chicago, by Tuesday for lunch.

Haha your a tool hatin becuase your now thinkin twice about your purchase of your car.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
dgussin1 said:

Dave:

I can't ban everyone! He's got one more chance and then he's toast!

Are you driving the Shelby?:pepper:

94VibrantRedGT

Established Member
Haha delete the threads all you want but when push comes to shove my 13 year old car is faster than the two ton paper weight you just bought should of bought a C6...

BTW He deleted a post that said something along the lines of..... I need to be friendly when i say this. Be quite before you speak you do not know i have. THat was my old setup and here is a sound clip of my car the way it sits today

http://members.cox.net/94vibrantredgt/carstart.mp3

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
94VibrantRedGT said:
Haha your a tool hatin becuase your now thinkin twice about your purchase of your car.
dude, you need to get over it. You are driving a 13-14 year old car. I don't car if it ran 9's and had a full griggs suspension. I still wouldn't take it over my Shelby. Answer this, why are you in this forum, in a dyno thread about Shelby's, talking about your 14 year old car that not one person here cares about. Don't you think if I wanted a 94 GT (not even a cobra, lol) I could have had one, and made it walk circles around yours??? Stop the ricer mentality, please.

There pretty much isn't any car that was built before the year 2000 that I would take over my shelby (sans some exotic european cars).

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Are you driving the Shelby?:pepper:
of course!

I will post up story's, pics and a couple of vids from the trip when I get to my new home.

I challenge everybody to beat me with more miles on their shelby. I will be over 4000 by Tuesday.

BTW, as for the banning...I look at it this way, he is contributing NOTHING, why should he be here?

94VibrantRedGT

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
dude, you need to get over it. You are driving a 13-14 year old car. I don't car if it ran 9's and had a full griggs suspension. I still wouldn't take it over my Shelby. Answer this, why are you in this forum, in a dyno thread about Shelby's, talking about your 14 year old car that not one person here cares about. Don't you think if I wanted a 94 GT (not even a cobra, lol) I could have had one, and made it walk circles around yours??? Stop the ricer mentality, please.

There pretty much isn't any car that was built before the year 2000 that I would take over my shelby (sans some exotic european cars).

I started in this thread making a comment about what ET's and MPH are these cars running and you guys brought up my car. So I said nothing about my car to start you guys did. But anyways I am done with this thread done wasting my time.

Have fun

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
In more ways than one?!!? :-D
:lol1:

In other words, there is a No Tolerance Policy for being a douchebag in this forum. We've got a new sheriff in town and he's not scared to pop a cap in your ass. :pop:

bunk22

Established Member
Comparing a highly modified car vs a stock or near stock is lame. My 1995 Mustang GTS with h/c/i, supercharger weighed in at 3200#, made 480rwhp (new owner makes over 500rwhp with a better tune) and was faster than both my 03 Cobra and my new C6. Doesn't make it better than the newer cars. If it were, I'd still have it. The GT500 is simply > than the 94-95 mustang GT, no matter the mods. Though I still wouldn't mind having a mint 95 Cobra R :coolman:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Last night I went to my Buddy Marv's speed shop, C&M Performance and we got the car up on the dyno. :-D We were both pretty excited! The car had just turned over 1,000 miles on the drive up to his shop!

Ok, here's the first dyno run. I was somewhat disappointed at the initial readings we had. 425/427 :(

copyofshelbyscan1ra8.jpg

Then, just to make sure we had an accurate baseline, we ran again. The results were 414/415 (sheet not attached) Now I know what everyone was talking about when they say the motor heat soaks easily.:cryying:

So, we then put the Corsa Axle-Backs on and gave her another run. It took us maybe 35 minutes or so to do that. So the car sat all tolled about 45 minutes or so?

The run with the Axle-Backs on was 427/427. (no sheet attached) Virtually ZERO gain (ok, two horsepower) from the axle-backs. VERY disappointing. The car sounded lots better but not worth the money in my book. And it has some nice tips on it to boot! So all was NOT lost on that!

Ok, so now I give Marv the go ahead for the tune. He gets on the computer and goes to hacking! The car originally had 12.5 degrees of timing and was running just a tad rich.

After the tune was loaded we ran again! This time we made some progress! 479/463

copyofshelbyscan4an0.jpg

By now, the shop was getting warm. That run was 77 degrees. So without changing anything on the tune we decided to open up the shop and cool it off a bit. The car cooled nicely and responded to the cooler air in a positive manner knocking off our high of the night 499/481 :pepper: :pepper:

copyofshelbyscan7ds2.jpg

Marv saw the timing spike up a bit because of the cooler temps and he backed some timing out of it.

This is the final tune and our last run. 484/465

copyofshelbyscan8gi6.jpg

So, it does not appear that RUTripping's horsepower claim (although it was not on a Dyno Jet) is not all that out of line IMHO? This car responds well to timing and I think if you put enough timing into it (which I would NOT recommend BTW!!) you could probably pull off a 80-90 HP gain!? Heck we got 75 on tune alone basically!! :eek: I almost regret having put on the Corsa's, but the car does sound much better!

So, those are the numbers! I'm pretty happy with the way the car responded!

Once I get the JLT CAI, I think we will break the 500 hp barrier no problem!

I'm getting excited for this weekend!! :rockon:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Awesome!!!! Good to see some real testing that wasn't confused by changing multiple things at the same time. Have fun at RA and get us some more data on this girl's handling:rockon:

Edit: Gonna have a lap timer on so you can compare to th R's times?

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BlackBolt9 said:
Awesome!!!! Good to see some real testing that wasn't confused by changing multiple things at the same time. Have fun at RA and get us some more data on this girl's handling:rockon:

Edit: Gonna have a lap timer on so you can compare to th R's times?

Camera mount: check
Video Tapes: check
Lap timer: check
Tires: check
Wheels: check
Front Pads bedded to well seasoned rotors: check
Anti-Skid pad for my butt: check

Tonight I'm putting my brake cooling ducts on. Keep your fingers crossed they fit! I'm ready to rock and roll almost!

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Camera mount: check
Video Tapes: check
Lap timer: check
Tires: check
Wheels: check
Front Pads bedded to well seasoned rotors: check
Anti-Skid pad for my butt: check

Tonight I'm putting my brake cooling ducts on. Keep your fingers crossed they fit! I'm ready to rock and roll almost!

Beer: check :D

Damn you are way ahead of where I usually am! I remember doing the road test on my true-trac the night before the event!! LOL

I'm sure if they don't fit you can find a way to make them fit! Or at least come up with something else that will work. Good luck!:thumbsup: :beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
let me see if i am reading this right.

at 77f you get 479hp and 463tq with tune.
at 64f you get 499hp and 481tq with same tune.:bowdown:

with a 13f drop you gained 20hp and 18tq correct.:idea:

you baseline was 75f equal to 425hp and 427tq.

what would have been you baseline at 64f shop temp? by adding lets say 18hp and 15tq would have put you at 443hp and 442tq?:??: :shrug:

this car does not like heat at all does it?:( yes it was worth the wait for the complete story.:D

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
So, it does not appear that RUTripping's horsepower claim (although it was not on a Dyno Jet) is not all that out of line IMHO? This car responds well to timing and I think if you put enough timing into it (which I would NOT recommend BTW!!) you could probably pull off a 80-90 HP gain!? Heck we got 75 on tune alone basically!! :eek: I almost regret having put on the Corsa's, but the car does sound much better!

actually according to your story you got 54hp and 36tq tune alone(479-425, 463-427). you then recieved another 20hp and 18tq with a 13 degree temp drop.

i will say this with the above as evidence. one can tune a stock gt500 and get upwards of 50 extra horsepower from tune alone. from a tune and some other extra ordinary circumstances(like a big temp drop) you can recieve upwards of 75 extra horses on the gt500.

there is still no way a tune only will put down 532rwhp on an otherwise stock gt500. :nono: well you might get reach that number if it is running in freezing temperature or lower.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread