shock extenders..who's still interested?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I just got done installing mine on Saturday. Is there anything in particular you are in need of?

i got mine installed this weekend too. just wasnt sure if i was setting them up right at first but after taking a step back and rethinking it i figured it out :p

the first one was a PITA!! i had to bend the metal to the shock to fit in it (not an issue once lowered back down to the ground). i had jacked the truck up to get under there easier (mine sits pretty low). that brings the shock more upright which causes it to hit against the actual extender. and what made it even more difficult is these damn Bilsteins are SOOO difficult to compress by hand. once we got the first one in, the second one was much easier to do.

just a thought, it was quite difficult to be able to get the shock spacers in there along with the bolt. need a few hands to do so. the shock doesnt want to turn enough for the bolt to get in correctly. on one side i ended up removing the shock completely and reinstalling it from the bottom end first. then had to compress the shock to get it back in up top. OMG was it an ass-kicker! :fart: ed, would it be possible to just weld the spacers in place from the get go? kind of a difficult balancing act there. unless i just wasnt going about it correctly, which is entirely possible, lol.

otherwise an excellent product. i can already feel the difference on my truck. although now the frame is hitting the axle. i need a c notch :(

BillsSnake

Big Ed - You are incredible. They arrived today and I really expected something less than I received. AWESOME I am one of the special people to have your product. Keep me on the every increasing list of people that want what you produce. ^5:banana:

Stewie 03

Established Member
...and what made it even more difficult is these damn Bilsteins are SOOO difficult to compress by hand.

...just a thought, it was quite difficult to be able to get the shock spacers in there along with the bolt. need a few hands to do so. the shock doesnt want to turn enough for the bolt to get in correctly. on one side i ended up removing the shock completely and reinstalling it from the bottom end first. then had to compress the shock to get it back in up top. OMG was it an ass-kicker! :fart: ed, would it be possible to just weld the spacers in place from the get go? kind of a difficult balancing act there. unless i just wasnt going about it correctly, which is entirely possible, lol.

I didn't want to seem like a mangina when I posted up about my experience with the install but it was pretty difficult to compress the shock from the fully extended position to the point at which the holes on the extender lined up with the shock lower mounting hole. I did it myself and really had to man up especially because I had to hold it in place with one hand while getting the bolt and spacers in position.

I didn't have any problem rotating the shock in order to line up the holes. Lucky me!

I have to say my truck really does ride better out back thanks to these and I recommend them highly! :rockon:

While I was walking out to get in my truck yesterday I noticed I could see the bottom of the shocks while approaching from the back of the truck so I decided to measure the clearance I had. I found I had 5" at the shock extenders and exactly the same at the B&M tranny pan. It's official, I no longer can park in the parking garage at work. :(

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member

Listen here dumbass looking from the the outside in, I was on the original order list. He emailed me saying he was holding mine until payment last week. I would hope he would be a man of his word and not give mine to anyone after me. :burn:

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Look here:

PM from ed. on 02-08-2009, 11:45 AM

ok, better late than never i suppose. the shipping is a three day thing i think.
so i will set them on the side and for ya. good thing you got me i'm just about to bump the list.
anyway's keep me posted as to whenn payment is transfered.
thanks
ed

So ed, I hope you sent mine,:poke:

Last edited:

TheBigEdbosky

no... but your mom does
Established Member
Look here:

PM from ed. on 02-08-2009, 11:45 AM

ok, better late than never i suppose. the shipping is a three day thing i think.
so i will set them on the side and for ya. good thing you got me i'm just about to bump the list.
anyway's keep me posted as to whenn payment is transfered.
thanks
ed

So ed, I hope you sent mine,:poke:

yeah man sorry for the delay. but they ARE on their way. you should see them by the weekend i suppose.

JeffsLightning

Established Member
Listen here dumbass looking from the the outside in, I was on the original order list. He emailed me saying he was holding mine until payment last week. I would hope he would be a man of his word and not give mine to anyone after me. :burn:

Damn kind of testy aren't you?:shrug:

TheBigEdbosky

no... but your mom does
Established Member
1. svt5.4 -confirmed to paymentPAYMENT RECIEVED
2. jarbolt01
3. foreman
4. confusedgmguy
5. unoid
6. wants10s
7. fleeman
8. zakattack
9. roush150
10. meansvt
11. o1whitel
12. frogman69
13. alightningfan08
14. svt relampago
15. wash me
16. 01svtL
17. tintedconcepts
18. kirst8404

TheBigEdbosky

no... but your mom does
Established Member
hey guys i just wanna take a second to thank ya's again. i am diggin' the feedback, pro's and con's. this will only help me make the product better. trust me i know what a ball buster them shocks are. just be happy you guys arent me. i had to do that 10 times or better with all the trial fitting and whatnot.

...and bill (billssnake) you are far too kind. i'm gonna have a hard time going to get more materials. my head is gonna be too big to get out the door.:D

thanks again:beer:

rwahl

Established Member
how are you guys tightening the 30mm bolt after installing the 80mm? i am having a hard time getting to it. anything will help as i have everything installed just have to get last two bolts tightened down.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
how are you guys tightening the 30mm bolt after installing the 80mm? i am having a hard time getting to it. anything will help as i have everything installed just have to get last two bolts tightened down.

ahh, i ran into this issue as well. use a flat tip screw driver jammed in there to hold the nut while you tighten the bolt from the bottom side :beer:

i used a jack to compress the shock upwards but it was a pain trying to get the lower shock eye to line up with the bolt holes in the bracket. but that might be because i had the truck jacked up, which i know changed the angle of the shock to be more vertical.

when i disconnected the shock from the top as well, so i could move the bottom of the shock around as i pleased, it was a BITCH trying to get the top of the shock back in. jack wouldnt help there. i ended up using a scissor jack on top of the axle to push the bed up (while leaving the axle put). that made it so i didnt have to compress the shock as much. and whoever designed the top mount for these shocks should be shot! talk about a tiny access area to reach the top of it :cuss:

Stewie 03

Established Member

I found out the hard way that although the 30mm bolts can't be tightened until the 80mm bolts are installed it is important to get the nuts somewhat close to the extender. Basically, snug them up but don't torque them down. By doing this it created some bite and reduced the play to the point where I could wedge an open-ended wrench in there and it held the bolt head secure while I tightened the nut with a socket. Hope that helps.

rwahl

Established Member
thanks guys i will try this and get them finished up. cant wait to drive it! Ed again thanks for a great product!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I found out the hard way that although the 30mm bolts can't be tightened until the 80mm bolts are installed it is important to get the nuts somewhat close to the extender. Basically, snug them up but don't torque them down. By doing this it created some bite and reduced the play to the point where I could wedge an open-ended wrench in there and it held the bolt head secure while I tightened the nut with a socket. Hope that helps.

thats basically what i did except i used a flat tip screwdriver :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread