shocks for street racing

Casper cobra

Established Member
i am looking to upgrade shocks for mustang GT 2011 with full bolts on+boss intake, car is mostly used in street racing. we are confused between KONI, lakewood or eibach pro-damper kit. any advice

darreng505

Established Member
Maybe he means 'road racing'?

When I hear 'street racing' I think the illegal kind on streets.
Road racing is legal sport kind. :shrug:

BMR Tech

I agree with the recommendations for the Strange Struts and Shocks.

As for the rear, on a manual trans car, I like the Viking Performance Double Adjustables. I have been having a lot of success with those on my customers cars. They work VERY well and are only $190/each.

Clipboard

Established Member
Yeah I wanna know this. Anyone driven both?

Konis are better for a road course strange are better for a launch .

Strange adjustables adjust both compression and rebound

Konis only adjust rebound. Koni yellows (aka koni sports) on the softest setting are the same thing as the str.t's if you are faithful to a 'brand'. Many people have had good 60 ft.s with steeda ultralites and str.t's ( down to 1.5x 60ft) however strange adjustables are a better recommendation.

Just depends what your goals are. I went with koni yellows and BMR lowering springs and love the setup but I'm only aiming for a 1.5 60ft which is do able with my setup

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Konis are better for a road course strange are better for a launch .

Konis only adjust rebound. Koni yellows (aka koni sports) on the softest setting are the same thing as the str.t's if you are faithful to a 'brand'. Many people have had good 60 ft.s with steeda ultralites and str.t's ( down to 1.5x 60ft) however strange adjustables are a better recommendation.

Just depends what your goals are. I went with koni yellows and BMR lowering springs and love the setup but I'm only aiming for a 1.5 60ft which is do able with my setup

I have the koni yellows and steeda sports....how are you adjusting your yellows for launch? I have an Auto Paxton with a 2c Circle D TC, I should be good for 1.5 right?

Clipboard

Established Member
I have the koni yellows and steeda sports....how are you adjusting your yellows for launch? I have an Auto Paxton with a 2c Circle D TC, I should be good for 1.5 right?

my car likes to be soft all the way around; if you are having troubles with your launches look into control arms/relocation brackets you should be good for 1.5

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

Odd, I have never read this in any product description from Strange.

* Strange 10 Way Adjustable Strut
* 30 Minute Install
* Twin Tube Adjustable
* Sold Individually
* Black Finish

Externally adjustable Mustang shocks from Strange Engineering are designed to fit original-equipment applications, as well as most coil-over kits. These shocks are ideal for street/strip applications. They feature 10 performance-adjusting rebound settings, which are easily changed via an externally mounted adjuster. This allows you to make quick, easy tweaks to control your ride firmness and comfort level.

On edit, I bet he was referring to Strange double adjustable shocks. My initial recommendation was for Strange's cheapest line, which is what I bought for my auto car.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

UB, you are correct.

This is why I recommend the Viking Doubles for the rear of the car, I really like - and believe having independent Compression settings is ideal, especially on a Manual Trans car.

Users who are viewing this thread