show me you F1A setups.

97snakebite

Established Member
lol it is just mounted right now the outlet has not been clocked to the correct direction yet.

i see.... buuut i still cant see how u would mount it on the passenger side..to me it looks like a driver side mount blower judging by the outlet location unless u plan on mounting it like it was a vortech... u would have to mount it upside down and im pretty sure u wont get proper lubrication ( even tho its self contained ).. can u please elaborate your mounting idea

Last edited:

wikiweak

Established Member
Here's mine before a tune and with everything powder coated Chrome. Turned out beautiful if I do say so myself.

2012-04-10195004.jpg

2012-04-15140038.jpg

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Care to elaborate? I've never heard of maf wash

maf wash is when air that is turbulent in nature (due to factors such as variations in piping diameter, piping bends, or even a blow off valve that is too close to the maf) causes the maf to have unstable readings and therefore drivability problems. this is the most evident at idle when logging maf ad counts which should only vary at most 10-15 counts. if it varies more than that then you definately have wash.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Stock bracket? You mean the one holding it to the engine? How does that affect anything?

stock procharger bracket used for p1sc and d1sc. it will flex and bend under high boost loads- especially with anything bigger than a d1sc. besides possible materials failure-flex will also lead to belt slip. and lastly limits your pulley size choices due to the blower pulley's proximity to the front cover

vadorsnake04

Established Member
i see.... buuut i still cant see how u would mount it on the passenger side..to me it looks like a driver side mount blower judging by the outlet location unless u plan on mounting it like it was a vortech... u would have to mount it upside down and im pretty sure u wont get proper lubrication ( even tho its self contained ).. can u please elaborate your mounting idea

The outlet price turns any direction u want it to. The blower itself(where the oil is) stays put. The outlet will point down and towards the drivers side. U will see once finished.:beer:

vadorsnake04

Established Member
stock procharger bracket used for p1sc and d1sc. it will flex and bend under high boost loads- especially with anything bigger than a d1sc. besides possible materials failure-flex will also lead to belt slip. and lastly limits your pulley size choices due to the blower pulley's proximity to the front cover

The fix is either to weld another bracket to it that bolts to the drivers side head. Then still are limited on pulley selection, or run the bracket like encased metal did.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've been looking through this thread and running things through my head over and over. At what point is it worth stepping up to an F1A? I've heard about the bracket flex before this thread. And then there's the clearance issues with the air filter and expansion tanks it seems. For a vehicle that won't see over 20psi in the foreseeable future and is 99.9% street car I wonder if staying with the D1 would be worth it? It seems like less headaches involved. But then it doesn't have the cool factor of the F1A.

97snakebite

Established Member
The outlet price turns any direction u want it to. The blower itself(where the oil is) stays put. The outlet will point down and towards the drivers side. U will see once finished.:beer:

Ok coo coo not tryin to be a bubble burster lol... Cant wit to see the setup.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I've been looking through this thread and running things through my head over and over. At what point is it worth stepping up to an F1A? I've heard about the bracket flex before this thread. And then there's the clearance issues with the air filter and expansion tanks it seems. For a vehicle that won't see over 20psi in the foreseeable future and is 99.9% street car I wonder if staying with the D1 would be worth it? It seems like less headaches involved. But then it doesn't have the cool factor of the F1A.

I think you're on the right track about staying with a d1sc. the only issues with having a f1a are not due to drivibility etc. but setup and drivetrain.

shortbus03

White Trash Millionaire
Established Member
Found a filter that works. Stock coolant tank, stock rad. I cut the bracket that holds the fan sensor, and relocated the sensor. I'm using a mushroom style spectre 3.75" filter works great.

Blackedout

Established Member
Found a filter that works. Stock coolant tank, stock rad. I cut the bracket that holds the fan sensor, and relocated the sensor. I'm using a mushroom style spectre 3.75" filter works great.

Post some pics if you can..

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Well.. it has upgraded intercooler, blow through maf. Im talking the complete kit.. intake, injectors everything.. makes 19lbs boost.. Race blow off valve procharger. There is a ton of money wrapped up in the kit. All custom stainless steel piping. powder coated intake tube, upper and lower intake and catch can bracket.. Looking for around $7000 obo.. Im not going to get low balled but ill consider a legit offer..

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
I didn't realize that's there.. Gotta start high because gonna get low balled.. dick.. Actually its worth every penny then this.. I have a receipt for what was done on this work and its triple that so before you start posting your bs. this isnt a stock kit that you bought from whoever... If you look around more you will see i had it posted for $8000 too.. Im selling it so i want it gone but im not giving it away. I love people like you
This isnt even a market thread.. Just seeing if anybody interested in buying one..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread