show me you F1A setups.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
wow- great find on the K&N- I had searched their site before and not seen that one- I will use that one for longer road trips

Thanks, ya, i was looking for something instead of making a intake tube and all that on my 8 rib f1a setup i am doing. Thinking about going with this, undecided yet i guess.

vadorsnake04

Established Member

I made offset brackets to mount my factory radiator tank so i could have enough room to put a silicone coupler/tube assembly onto the blower, but ther isnt enough room for a 6" diameter filter. Aso the that sensor right there in the fan would be very very close to not fitting in front of that filter. And i really don't feel like moving that sensor anywher else. If you have a better idea on a tank let me know, or any idea's in general, cause i would rather run that filter only.
Here is a bad cell phone picture of the way it sits right now. All i have left to do is get a filter setup of some sort on it, mount intercooler, fab aluminum tubing(Deans Performance making tubing).
0415121119.jpg

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I made offset brackets to mount my factory radiator tank so i could have enough room to put a silicone coupler/tube assembly onto the blower, but ther isnt enough room for a 6" diameter filter. Aso the that sensor right there in the fan would be very very close to not fitting in front of that filter. And i really don't feel like moving that sensor anywher else. If you have a better idea on a tank let me know, or any idea's in general, cause i would rather run that filter only.
Here is a bad cell phone picture of the way it sits right now. All i have left to do is get a filter setup of some sort on it, mount intercooler, fab aluminum tubing(Deans Performance making tubing).
0415121119.jpg

i used a gt500 expansion tank, and moved my rad. and fan in towards the core support 2". I fully expect any filter to still hit the fan shroud though. it's gonna be tight.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
i used a gt500 expansion tank, and moved my rad. and fan in towards the core support 2". I fully expect any filter to still hit the fan shroud though. it's gonna be tight.

and the GT500 tank mounted in the stock tank mounting locations? How do you go about moving it forward, did you have to cut the old mounts and reweld new ones to move it forward?

97snakebite

Established Member
0415121119.jpg

shouldnt your blower be on the other side:dw: ive never seen one clocked that way mounted on the passenger side

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I'm not joking. The fan will outflow any aftermarket I've seen. as for the mounting questions- go through my build thread for pics

yes, i know nothing is rated like the stock ones, i just liked the way you put it.:banana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread