Show me your MPSS.....

ThomasL

Established Member
I ran 305/30 MPSS on my 20in forgestar, great tire but didn't like the side bulge. it's to bad
because i have a set of 305/30's with less then 400 miles sitting in the garage.

Sorry not a GT500

Not sure if you can see the difference from the picture's
Top 2 photos are withe the MPSS
IMG_3140.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

These are with the Nitto NT05's in a 305/30
IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

Boy that is a sharp looking ride you got there. Love it. Thanks for sharing!

Also, gonna order the MPSS tonight for my stock wheels. So before I pull the trigger i'm thinking 295/35/20 105y in rear and 275/40/19 up front. That sound good? Any last minute input would be appreciated! Excited to actually be able to put this power down finally. :beer:

cdh027

Established Member

Also, gonna order the MPSS tonight for my stock wheels. So before I pull the trigger i'm thinking 295/35/20 105y in rear and 275/40/19 up front. That sound good? Any last minute input would be appreciated! Excited to actually be able to put this power down finally. :beer:

Just got this combo installed last night. 105Y FER in the back. Cant tell you how they grip since it just snowed again for the 51,000th time last night.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member

Yep, thats what I run with no issues

Ky GT500

Established Member

Same as what's going on mine in 3 weeks!! :rockon: :coolman:

Vegasgold

Established Member
Looks like we have a small cult here. I ordered my MPSS last Tuesday. 295 rear and 275 fronts. Still waiting for the call from the dealer. Funny how you can get excited over tires...lol...

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Well worth the investment. The car should have come with these...
+1!

Is there a particular shop I should go to for the install or is any old tire shop ok? Any chain places you guys recommend? I'm in the Tampa area btw. Excited to order these and get em on!
Mounting 35-series tires on 20" rims is not something "any old tire shop" is likely to do well. I second Mullens' recommendation of Discount Tire. I had a couple of discussions with the manager of my local store. He was great about answering all my (many) questions and ensured his "two best technicians" were the only ones who touched my car (or its wheels). They did a great job and, as he said, their warranty is unbeatable.

Ky GT500

Established Member
+1!

Mounting 35-series tires on 20" rims is not something "any old tire shop" is likely to do well. I second Mullens' recommendation of Discount Tire. I had a couple of discussions with the manager of my local store. He was great about answering all my (many) questions and ensured his "two best technicians" were the only ones who touched my car (or its wheels). They did a great job and, as he said, their warranty is unbeatable.

Yep,,,what Norton said!!:thumbsup:

I too had a heart to heart discussion with my local Tire Discounter manager and he assured me his best tech would be on mine. They have a pretty up to date machine, and I'll be hovering around like a mother hen watching the work. My car is going on jack stands and will take just the wheels and tires to them. I'll also remove the stick on weights prior to arrival, so I can remove all the old adhesive from the rims without them taking a scraper to the rims. 3 weeks and counting. :rockon:

fast4v

Established Member
No apologies for non GT500,,,, got anymore pics of your ride elsewhere on SVTP?? Looks to be ready for business.

Never mind,,I found them. Nice ride. :beer:

Thanks!!! Thought about selling the boss LS for a gt500, but can't seem to pull the trigger...LOL

OP...you will love the MPSS. Like I said before just didn't like the side bulge, wanted more of a flush look

JeremyR

Established Member
Is there a particular shop I should go to for the install or is any old tire shop ok? Any chain places you guys recommend? I'm in the Tampa area btw. Excited to order these and get em on!

Just tell them to be extremely careful I would try to watch them do it. Those guys aren't used to changing tires on wheels this expensive they're used to changing tires on Toyota corolla's and Honda civics where they just toss em around without a care in the world.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
How many of you guys that have 315's have been able to get them underneath without any sort of modification to the fender carpet?

ThomasL

Established Member
Would it be a safe bet to just have my dealer do it? Or any other chain places you suggest? I don't think we have a Discount Tire around here.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Would it be a safe bet to just have my dealer do it? Or any other chain places you suggest? I don't think we have a Discount Tire around here.

Don't know how isolated you are where you live,,I would go visit as many tire change places that I could. Ask to see their machines, stress to them about how fragile these rims are, being they are a painted rim.

I'm friends with 3 different tire change places but chose the 4th place over the rest. Tire Discounter, only done business with them one other time. My main tire place, Goodyear, their tire change machine was the oldest, the heads were bare metal, at least all the rest had plastic coated heads. I know the head is not supposed to rest on the rim, but I want the plastic coated for the extra protection. The manager at Tire Discounter said he had guys that could just about change a set of steel rim tires and wheels faster than he could ring the customer up,,,,But,,,,he has a tech that has the care and expertise to change out these low pro tires, will take his time, and get it done right for me. Like I said, I will be back there with them while they are changing them, watching to make sure every reasonable care is taken to not damage the rims.

The other two places, just didn't give me a very good feeling that they would take care of the rims. Like I was bothering them by explaining how to be careful with them.

Yep,,I'm probably being anal about the rims, but I don't want them damaged by a tech that worked at Burger King last week and now he's the tire changer this week. :nonono:

Last edited:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Don't know how isolated you are where you live,,I would go visit as many tire change places that I could. Ask to see their machines, stress to them about how fragile these rims are, being they are a painted rim.

I'm friends with 3 different tire change places but chose the 4th place over the rest. Tire Discounter, only done business with them one other time. My main tire place, Goodyear, their tire change machine was the oldest, the heads were bare metal, at least all the rest had plastic coated heads. I know the head is not supposed to rest on the rim, but I want the plastic coated for the extra protection. The manager at Tire Discounter said he had guys that could just about change a set of steel rim tires and wheels faster than he could ring the customer up,,,,But,,,,he has a tech that has the care and expertise to change out these low pro tires, will take his time, and get it done right for me. Like I said, I will be back there with them while they are changing them, watching to make sure every reasonable care is taken to not damage the rims.

The other two places, just didn't give me a very good feeling that they would take care of the rims. Like I was bothering them by explaining how to be careful with them.

Yep,,I'm probably being anal about the rims, but I don't want them damaged by a tech that worked at Burger King last week and now he's the tire changer this week. :nonono:
Good advice, for all the right reasons.

Ky GT500

Established Member
I don't blame you, Ky. I'll probably do the same. Including talk to my dealer.

Any of them just blow you off or act uninterested in what you are saying,,I would pass, they just see this as any other tire change.

Good luck. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread