Single or dual BAP?

oliver1539

Established Member
Hey guys,

I recently put the Whipple 2.9 on my car with the 3.25 pulley from Lethal. I just purchased the 3.125 pulley and now I believe I need a BAP. My question is do I need the dual stage or can I use the single stage. I'm looking to hit 700rwhp, my current setup with the L&M put me at 661....

Thanks, Steve

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
The GT500 has dual fuel modules feeding dual fuel pumps hence requiring a dual BAP. 03-04 Cobra's have single fuel module feeding dual fuel pumps hence single BAP. For GT500's you must get a Dual BAP.

There is a "street" and "competition" dual BAP. I would recommend the competition BAP version.

As for JUST TRY 03 running a single BAP, it may work now, but it won't for ever.....Ask me how I know....:nonono:

oliver1539

Established Member
Thanks guys for the replies. The dual BAP came in today and is being installed tomorrow with the smaller 3.125 pulley. Lund revised the tune and I must say he has top notch customer service!
Looking forward to the new results and knowing my pumps aren't close to maxing out...

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
Thanks guys for the replies. The dual BAP came in today and is being installed tomorrow with the smaller 3.125 pulley. Lund revised the tune and I must say he has top notch customer service!
Looking forward to the new results and knowing my pumps aren't close to maxing out...

Jon is a great guy...I'm sure if you needed a BAP Jon would have told you what kind to get...! He has helped me out alot! Let us know what you put down...:beer:

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yes dual bap or you could of went with pauls hp dual pump upgrade.

CPRsm

What is the standard for the pumps running out ? Thought these systems were good to 850rwhp on gas ? I'm over 700 rwhp, bone stock. It was leaning out, but checked the voltage at the maf and it was pegged. Figured that's what it was. Didn't look at the pump though.

oliver1539

Established Member
Jon is a great guy...I'm sure if you needed a BAP Jon would have told you what kind to get...! He has helped me out alot! Let us know what you put down...:beer:

Jon has been more than helpful! I can't say enough how he has been there to help us.

Going back on the rollers next week, I'll post the new numbers ASAP!:banana:

oliver1539

Established Member
What is the standard for the pumps running out ? Thought these systems were good to 850rwhp on gas ? I'm over 700 rwhp, bone stock. It was leaning out, but checked the voltage at the maf and it was pegged. Figured that's what it was. Didn't look at the pump though.

When we had the car on the dyno it showed the pumps at 95% at 661rwhp. I've heard the same thing on the pumps but now i'm really not sure?:shrug:

CPRsm

Damn, yep. going to need one. Looking around a bit more it going to need one. Even if I wasn't close, it's going to get worse.

Users who are viewing this thread