Slight rear camber

Kask65

Established Member
I recently took my 2004 cobra for a 4 wheel alignment because the tires that came on it were work very uneven. It's lowered 1.5 Inches. I bought the FTBR eccentric rear camber bolts because I figured I'd need them to get the right amount of adjustment. The guy at the shop (which is a pretty reputable shop) said he was able to get the alignment in spec and didn't even need to use the bolts. I was skeptical but figured they knew what they were doing. I can early see that the rear left wheel has far more negative camber than the right and it seems like it just can't be right because its resting alot on the inside of the tire. I'm wondering if there is supposed to be some negative camber and if one wheel is supposed to have more? I'm going to go back and ask them and see what they say.

funtruck

I Hate Mustangs
Established Member
Have it fixed. If it's visibly out then it's way out of spec. I just went through this on the front of my Cobra. Guy, aligned it to some race specs for better handling and wore the inside edges of the tires down to the cords.

Have it checked by a different shop.

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
Spec calls for a small amount of negative camber. Camber should always be matched to at least +-0.2 cross camber at the most on the rear. Rear camber is adjustable at the point where the upper control arm meets the knuckle via a slotted mount and an eccentrics can bolt. To adjust it easily you must remove the rear wheels, adjust, and then remeasure everything. It's a little time consuming and a bit of trial and error. Did you get a printout of the alignment?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Kask65

Established Member
I measured and the wheel that seems off more is 3/8 of an inch in on top from the bottom of the wheel. The other one is slightly less. Is 3/8 too much negative camber?

10sec89

Established Member
^ your question was answered , yes it is too much, if you can see it that different with your eyes it is WAY out of adjustment. Take it to another shop for alignment. I am lowered 2" and can get within spec with stock eccentric bolts.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
For reference I had an alignment last week. I told the tech I wanted 5° negative camber, 4.5° positive caster, and 1/8" toe-in; I stood next to his rack the entire time watching every read out on his computer as he made the adjustments. He nailed it to my specs and provided me a print out for future use.

Kask65

Established Member
Ok so then I guess my question is what specs should I ask for. I don't take it to the track or race it just a street car. I just want even tire wear and max tire life.

Bingo13

Established Member
Ok so then I guess my question is what specs should I ask for. I don't take it to the track or race it just a street car. I just want even tire wear and max tire life.

Stock Ford Specs -

left front camber = -.8 +/- .2

right front camber= -1 +/- .2

TOTAL SPLIT= .2 +/- .2

L front caster= 3.1 +/- .2

R front caster= 3.3 +/- .2

TOTAL SPLIT = -.2 +/- .2

Left & right front toe= .125 +/- .04

TOTAL TOE SPLIT = .25 +/- .08

Left & Right REAR camber = -.8 +/- .2

rear camber split = 0 +/- .2

LEFT & RIGHT REAR TOE= .10 +/- .04