SnakeBite Cobras

Ironhand

Banned
hey guys. This is matt Kesatie. i wanted to chime on here just to put some information out. My involment with this car is limited at this point. for the record I HAVE NOT TUNED THIS CAR. however... i feel the tune is where is should be... AFR as you can see is in the high 11:1's and the timing is hitting 20 degrees. the graph is a little misleading because the boost IS NOT maintaining. i am unfamiler with how the snake bite is SUPPOSED to behave but on blower it is hitting 17is pounds and steadily droppoping. i BELEIVE this is NOT belt slip as the drop is very slow and steady and by 6000+ rpm is has dropped to below 16 lbs. there is not belt dust anywhere to be found. this has stock pullies on it and belt it new and very tight so again i do not feel its belt slip. the other runs the boost hits higher number due to the nitrous cooling the air charge. on the nitrous the boost as you can see does not drop AS MUCH but it still drops.

the engine is machanicly sound. there was an issue with the #8 plugs. they were WAY to cold for what this car wanted. a set of tr6's gapped at .030 solved ALL ignition problems this car had and it picked up almost 20 wheel over where it came in at. i feel for the guy as he has spent lots of $$$ on a boost a spark along with other things and all it needed was the correct plugs. i DO NOT know if steigmier suggested the 8s or not but i do know that the other shop is KNOWN for liking his plugs extreamly cold so that could very well have been his fault.

for my final OPINION... this car runs and drives perfect I feel it is a little down on power from where it SHOULD be but i also know that every car is diffenernt. some where just built on a fri. that being said there is NOTHING wrong with this car that could get it anywhere near 550 wheel.... not happening at all. there just is not 60-70 hp hiding in this thing. now is this blower junk? not saying that at all.. but i learned NEVER NEVER promis numbers to somone. is this a good blower. absolutly. have i ever had a problem with there blowers no... but where i feel this went horribly wrong is bob told this guy it would make 550 wheel in order to sell him a blower. that is what the customer feels and that is the ultimate problem.... again this is my OPINION. and is not directed any bob or anyone else. this is more to clear my own name and make sure everyone knows i am not "taking sides on this"

All this time I've talked to you and never knew you were that Matt. lol

:beer:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I agree with Matt, 550 is asking a lot for the factory pulley setup, the most I've seen was when Spencer's(Slowmoving) 03 put down 520 at VMP..

1MIXDUP

Established Member
im assuming with Matt's tune the car runs awsome though :) he tuned my car....ran like stock :)

Matt didn't tune it...its still under Dennis (Ramsye Performance). Matt thinks everything is cool with my current tune so he's trying to save me a dollar! :banana:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Matt didn't tune it...its still under Dennis (Ramsye Performance). Matt thinks everything is cool with my current tune so he's trying to save me a dollar! :banana:

That was really nice of him. You've spent enough on this blower already.

So when are you going turbo? :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread