SnakeBite Cobras

1MIXDUP

Established Member
So I have dyno numbers CORRECTED with and without nitrous...anyone interested...I need a hand on posting the graph...i'm at work and cant do it from here...pm me and I'll send graph to be posted on my behalf

Scotty B

Established Member
You can be more help to me by putting the truth out! Tell people that your stage 6 blower makes the same power (or more in my case than your SNAKEBITE blower...$1295 shame on me this time but never again. :nono:) and for $700 bucks cheaper!

The Snakebite is a stage 6 blower with an internal overdrive.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Dyno chart posted on 1MIXDUP's behalf:
1MIXDUPSnakebiteDynoChart.gif

yellowstang1788

Established Member
My buddy has a 03 cobra with the snake bite on it.it has midpipe and cat back tune and boost a pump it made 505 rwhp 502 tq and a JLT

1MIXDUP

Established Member
Is it still worth $1300 bucks

uhhh....I made 450 with stock blower, 2.76 upper, catback, midpipe, JLT intake.....and a slipping belt.

Tell me about it! My black 03 I had made that on a stock blower as well...and it also made 504 in torque...so far do you think it (SNAKEBITE) is worth the $1300 bucks I paid for it? :fm:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Tell me about it! My black 03 I had made that on a stock blower as well...and it also made 504 in torque...so far do you think it (SNAKEBITE) is worth the $1300 bucks I paid for it? :fm:

You could have saved $800 and done those numbers with a regular $500 port. :nonono:

BearsFTW18

Established Member

no. should have went with Posi.

dynobobstieg

1MIXDUP

Established Member
Thank you as said before we did not work on the mechanics or the tune of this Vehicle and have been very supportive in helping this customer out talking to him and his shops.:beer:

STIEGMEIER:burnout:
636-949-2275
Stiegemeier Porting Services, LLC - Supercharger Rebuild and Repair

ok...so tired of hearing how supportive that you are saying you have been by talking to both of the shops. i asked matt what y:read:eek:u it who ever talked about and he said you really guys really didn't have any suggestions and he (keistie performance) said he was gonna take those TR8's out and try the 6's...That was the ONLY One time you gus talked with Matt!

Now to the car...there is absolutely nothing wrong with this car mechanically except fire this blower!

You know we have tired everything that you suggested and that you DIDN'T suggest...How about you try one of ours?

1. Refund my money and give me a stock blower.
2. Refund a portion of it back due to unsatisfied customer, and we've tried everything know to man with two different shops/tuners.

Don't you guys had a customer satisfaction guarantee? i think your mission statement says something about loyalty and guarantee more power dollar for dollar than anyone else...so where is all that or is it just some writing you have up on your website?

I'll be waiting on your reply....:read:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
after spending a little time looking at the graph again, it seems there are some good things and some bad things.. here is an outsiders prospective, looking in. (as i am on neither side here...steg, or mixd). although i would like to point out, that i am NO mechanic, OR tuner...this is nothing more than a 3rd parties opinion, from looking at the graph and reading most of the thread.

first i would like to say, DAAAAMN the tq from what im guessing is one of the nitrous runs!! just about 700 tq :rockon: that is pretty nice!

the AFR is all over the place...looks like its on a damn roller coaster. whats up with that? pretty sure it isnt supposed to look like that? or is it supposed to look like that, perhaps because of the nitrous? im not sure. kind of wondered the same thing about the hp/tq graph...the big drop in hp, then shoots back up...please tell me that is from/when they sprayed the nitrous?

i guess prob the most important thing that sticks out to me about the whole thing is this... the boost graph shows the blower does produce quite a bit of boost (damn near 20lbs!), and holds it close to there, just about the whole way. this would leave me to believe two things.

1. to me this would show the blower is making/holding quite a bit of boost, which is what it is supposed to do. thus meaning the blower IS working.

BUT

2. the blower is NOT producing the numbers promised. its producing/working...just not quite as much as it was said to produce.

now, YES...if i had purchased the blower and made those numbers i would prob be kind of upset too. however though, for me personally...this would have almost been expected. just from being around for a few years, i caught on long ago, that about 90% of the places that tell you that you are going to make "X" horsepower is to be taken with a grain of salt....b/c i understand they are TRYING TO SELL ME SOMETHING. so of course they are going to try to add a couple extra horses in there. (kind of like when a girl asks you how much you can bench press....do you think 90% of the guys tell the exact truth, or add a few pounds, to try to sound a bit more impressive? same principal here). plus, not to mention - normally in order to make those "X" numbers everything would have to be ideal/perfect (ie:dyno temps, new plugs, fuel filter, etc, etc), which, as you know often times things arent perfect/ideal, so it willl often times be a challenge to hit those exact numbers.

in the end...it appears the blower DOES work, just doesnt make quite as much power as advertised. (what a shocker...same thing with 90% of the other parts you see advertise hp gains on other websites. just an example would be like a bbk throttle body...they will say something along the lines of - will add 30hp! when just about everyone knows that the TB will produce....but not quite THAT much). at this point i would prob just double check with your current tuner that the tune is for sure safe, that the car is running good/smooth, and that you can pretty much beat on the car without worrying (as far as running lean, etc)....then go try to enjoy the car for a while.

this is just my opinion on the matter. hopefully you guys can get something figured out/worked out, to where both parties are at least somewhat satisfied. but...of course...that is between you guys, not me.

good luck

Last edited:

50q's

Established Member
This is all a little weird. I agree with Moko. Yes, your numbers you made were low. But a stage six steig should make more power than you are making. you have a stage 6 port, torque numbers are real strong. You made 20lb's I'm not a eaton guru so i dont know how far out of the efficiency range you could be. But it seems to be a steig 6 port and a solid 20 pounds should put you well over 500rwhp. maybe not 560 but deff over 500. I dont think anyone would disagree with that.

1MIXDUP

Established Member
after spending a little time looking at the graph again, it seems there are some good things and some bad things.. here is an outsiders prospective, looking in. (as i am on neither side here...steg, or mixd). although i would like to point out, that i am NO mechanic, OR tuner...this is nothing more than a 3rd parties opinion, from looking at the graph and reading most of the thread.

first i would like to say, DAAAAMN the tq from what im guessing is one of the nitrous runs!! just about 700 tq :rockon: that is pretty nice!

the AFR is all over the place...looks like its on a damn roller coaster. whats up with that? pretty sure it isnt supposed to look like that? or is it supposed to look like that, perhaps because of the nitrous? im not sure. kind of wondered the same thing about the hp/tq graph...the big drop in hp, then shoots back up...please tell me that is from/when they sprayed the nitrous?

i guess prob the most important thing that sticks out to me about the whole thing is this... the boost graph shows the blower does produce quite a bit of boost (damn near 20lbs!), and holds it close to there, just about the whole way. this would leave me to believe two things.

1. to me this would show the blower is making/holding quite a bit of boost, which is what it is supposed to do. thus meaning the blower IS working.

BUT

2. the blower is NOT producing the numbers promised. its producing/working...just not quite as much as it was said to produce.

now, YES...if i had purchased the blower and made those numbers i would prob be kind of upset too. however though, for me personally...this would have almost been expected. just from being around for a few years, i caught on long ago, that about 90% of the places that tell you that you are going to make "X" horsepower is to be taken with a grain of salt....b/c i understand they are TRYING TO SELL ME SOMETHING. so of course they are going to try to add a couple extra horses in there. (kind of like when a girl asks you how much you can bench press....do you think 90% of the guys tell the exact truth, or add a few pounds, to try to sound a bit more impressive? same principal here). plus, not to mention - normally in order to make those "X" numbers everything would have to be ideal/perfect (ie:dyno temps, new plugs, fuel filter, etc, etc), which, as you know often times things arent perfect/ideal, so it willl often times be a challenge to hit those exact numbers.

in the end...it appears the blower DOES work, just doesnt make quite as much power as advertised. (what a shocker...same thing with 90% of the other parts you see advertise hp gains on other websites. just an example would be like a bbk throttle body...they will say something along the lines of - will add 30hp! when just about everyone knows that the TB will produce....but not quite THAT much). at this point i would prob just double check with your current tuner that the tune is for sure safe, that the car is running good/smooth, and that you can pretty much beat on the car without worrying (as far as running lean, etc)....then go try to enjoy the car for a while.

this is just my opinion on the matter. hopefully you guys can get something figured out/worked out, to where both parties are at least somewhat satisfied. but...of course...that is between you guys, not me.

good luck

Hey thanks for the insight...the graph is all over the place due to nitrous.

1MIXDUP

Established Member
This is all a little weird. I agree with Moko. Yes, your numbers you made were low. But a stage six steig should make more power than you are making. you have a stage 6 port, torque numbers are real strong. You made 20lb's I'm not a eaton guru so i dont know how far out of the efficiency range you could be. But it seems to be a steig 6 port and a solid 20 pounds should put you well over 500rwhp. maybe not 560 but deff over 500. I dont think anyone would disagree with that.

I would agree with you 110%...this is all to weird for me as well...Lets say this...If my blower made even Just 500-520 rwhp horse I wouldn't be complaining about it as much but I would ask why its not...but I'm making almost 100rwhp less than what i was told! Again can I at least make 500 wheel like everyone esle? :beer:

50q's

Established Member
No no. I agree and I also would be very upset. 20psi with longtubes is really pushing some air. Any ait2 numbers. I'm sure a tuner around here may chime in if you could data log. We all here want the best for you in this situation. With your mods only on a decent port you should be making at least 500. Any way for you to data log?

blk00gtvert

Established Member
hey guys. This is matt Kesatie. i wanted to chime on here just to put some information out. My involment with this car is limited at this point. for the record I HAVE NOT TUNED THIS CAR. however... i feel the tune is where is should be... AFR as you can see is in the high 11:1's and the timing is hitting 20 degrees. the graph is a little misleading because the boost IS NOT maintaining. i am unfamiler with how the snake bite is SUPPOSED to behave but on blower it is hitting 17is pounds and steadily droppoping. i BELEIVE this is NOT belt slip as the drop is very slow and steady and by 6000+ rpm is has dropped to below 16 lbs. there is not belt dust anywhere to be found. this has stock pullies on it and belt it new and very tight so again i do not feel its belt slip. the other runs the boost hits higher number due to the nitrous cooling the air charge. on the nitrous the boost as you can see does not drop AS MUCH but it still drops.

the engine is machanicly sound. there was an issue with the #8 plugs. they were WAY to cold for what this car wanted. a set of tr6's gapped at .030 solved ALL ignition problems this car had and it picked up almost 20 wheel over where it came in at. i feel for the guy as he has spent lots of $$$ on a boost a spark along with other things and all it needed was the correct plugs. i DO NOT know if steigmier suggested the 8s or not but i do know that the other shop is KNOWN for liking his plugs extreamly cold so that could very well have been his fault.

for my final OPINION... this car runs and drives perfect I feel it is a little down on power from where it SHOULD be but i also know that every car is diffenernt. some where just built on a fri. that being said there is NOTHING wrong with this car that could get it anywhere near 550 wheel.... not happening at all. there just is not 60-70 hp hiding in this thing. now is this blower junk? not saying that at all.. but i learned NEVER NEVER promis numbers to somone. is this a good blower. absolutly. have i ever had a problem with there blowers no... but where i feel this went horribly wrong is bob told this guy it would make 550 wheel in order to sell him a blower. that is what the customer feels and that is the ultimate problem.... again this is my OPINION. and is not directed any bob or anyone else. this is more to clear my own name and make sure everyone knows i am not "taking sides on this"

2004silvercobra

Established Member
The highest HP number doesn't always mean its better and your car now might be better all around then the next guy with a little more HP and as said before every car is different and can be by 20-30hp in some cases with everything being exactly the same...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread