So i got a DUI and im only 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
kbgt said:
in the state of texas a class c will clear your record after 10 years according to texas police.

It will drop off your DMV file, but not your permanent criminal history. It will reside there forever and available fro review if the need to know exists.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
kbgt said:
in the state of texas a class c will clear your record after 10 years according to texas police.

Since the Texas police dont run NCIC, I can tell you that is NOT the case. It may be purged from the Texas database, but it will remain in NCIC. I can view all criminal records ever entered into the system. Even mistakes arent removed, they are just modified with a note.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
kbgt said:
this is not entirely true there are quite a few people in the army more in perticular my company who have convicted drug charges and still kept their security clearance.

I can see a misdemeanor drug charge allowing for a low level clearance. There is no way DSS will clear someone with a prev drug conviction to a TS or above.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
ROADWARRIORSVT said:
Not defending his actions, just pointing out that alcohol impairs judgement. Most drunk drivers feel they are "OK" to drive, but just don't realize how intoxicated they really are.
he shouldnt have been drinking in the first place :poke:

Screamin'SVT

Banned
makevelie187 said:
i was up in davis and i got a DUI don't know what i was thinking. anyone else been in my situation what they did when they went to court, anyone ever get a restricted permit to drive to work and school. anything will help thanks.

I got my first DUI when I was 18; got pulled over for speeding. I lost my liscense for 60 days and paid a fine, and 6 months probation. It might be harsher where you live.

Second one I got 30 days in jail, more fines, 6 months probation, 1 yr loss of liscense.

Trooper4985

The Man
Established Member
Screamin'SVT said:
I got my first DUI when I was 18; got pulled over for speeding. I lost my liscense for 60 days and paid a fine, and 6 months probation. It might be harsher where you live.

Second one I got 30 days in jail, more fines, 6 months probation, 1 yr loss of liscense.

Sounds like you need a little more than having your LICENSE revoked for a year. How it that after people get something as serious as a DWI on their record that early in life, they completely forget about it and go out and do it again? I have no compassion for people who I arrest for their 2nd or more DWI... I always tell people that they are allowed to make mistakes but they must learn from their mistakes... the people who choose to go out and drive again after they know they have had too much don't get any play from me.... I have great joy while typing up as many tickets as I can for multiple time offenders. BTW... Don't give that BS about being so drunk you can't make proper decisions... I've blown a .28 before and knew enough to not get behind the wheel.

Screamin'SVT

Banned
Trooper4985 said:
Sounds like you need a little more than having your LICENSE revoked for a year. How it that after people get something as serious as a DWI on their record that early in life, they completely forget about it and go out and do it again? I have no compassion for people who I arrest for their 2nd or more DWI... I always tell people that they are allowed to make mistakes but they must learn from their mistakes... the people who choose to go out and drive again after they know they have had too much don't get any play from me.... I have great joy while typing up as many tickets as I can for multiple time offenders. BTW... Don't give that BS about being so drunk you can't make proper decisions... I've blown a .28 before and knew enough to not get behind the wheel.

It's not as cut and dry as that. I didn't learn my lesson the first time, because the only reason I got a DUI was because I was underage and anything over .02 = DUI. My BAC was .06, and I was certainly not intoxicated or even impaired. The officer acknowledged that there was nothing wrong with my driving save for speeding, but gave me a DUI since I was under 21. From that instance, the lesson I learned is not to drink and drive until I was 21, because impaired or not, it was the law.
The second time I got a DUI, I was 21, my BAC was .24, I was driving wrecklessly, and after I got home from the police station the reality set in that I could have seriously hurt myself or someone else on the road. I didn't lose my liscense for over a year after I got the DUI, but I did not drive once even after consuming a single beer. The potential penalties are just too great, so I would get a cab or a ride from a sober friend every single time. Again, that's over a year of not driving after having even a single beer. Looks like I have learned my lesson. But following your logic, every second offender has never and will never learn their lesson, could not possibly be a good person, and should be treated like shit. *edited by moderator*

Last edited by a moderator:

04CompSnake

Established Member
Screamin'SVT said:
Great. I really give a shit about the opinion of a ****ing cop. Go eat some bacon. And no B.S. here. I make no apologies - hell, I'll probably do it a couple dozen more times. :kaboom:

Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm and you'll wrap yourself around a tree and save the government and taxpayers alot of money.

Screamin'SVT

Banned
04CompSnake said:
Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm and you'll wrap yourself around a tree and save the government and taxpayers alot of money.

I edited that statement. His comments infuriated me and prompted an immature, inflammatory statement.

LOL, save the taxpayers money? DUIs generate money, that is the number one reason they are so strongly enforced.

Last edited:

pottsy

Established Member
Trooper4985 said:

*Removed by Moderator*

Read your PM.

pottsy

Established Member
*removed by moderator*

read your pm

Trooper4985

The Man
Established Member
Screamin'SVT said:
Great. I'm not about to give any B.S. about being too drunk to make proper decisions. Truth is, I don't give a **** if I've had too much to drink, and I'm glad my actions piss off assholes such as yourself.

Screamin'SVT said:
Great. I really give a shit about the opinion of a ****ing cop. Go eat some bacon. And no B.S. here. I make no apologies - hell, I'll probably do it a couple dozen more times. :kaboom:

Shame shame... You didn't read the rules :nono: Oh yeah... please learn to use a dictionary for words you don't know how to spell... it's LICENSE!

Screamin'SVT said:
I edited that statement. His comments infuriated me and prompted an immature, inflammatory statement.

LOL, save the taxpayers money? DUIs generate money, that is the number one reason they are so strongly enforced.

DWI enforcement is not a big topic because it generates money... I can bang out more UTT's for speeding in a construction zone that I ever could arrest DWI's during a 12 hour shift... I can write 5 speeds that equal 1 DWI with regard to fines... and when I'm working construction details... I usually write between 20-30 tickets in a 12 hour shift. You do the math... my personal best in 1 night was 3 DWI's.

pottsy said:
you're a ****ing dumbass, he's not looking for a lecture on what he did wrong because I'm sure he understands. It's guys like you that reinforce why I have no respect for most cops out there...

TSK TSK... you should read the rules about posting in the Donut Shop. People come here with stupid posts and they get 'a lecture'... bashing LEO's is for Smack Down... not in here. :nono:

BTW... it's not your interaction with police that has caused you to have no respect for authority... it is your up-bringing. If your parents teach you to respect all authority figures and good morals/ethics... you would not be siding with someone who is bragging about his 2nd DWI and how he's going to do it a couple dozen more times... You would see his lack of respect for everyone around him... including your family.

Last edited:

pottsy

Established Member
*removed by moderator*

read your PM.

FarFromStock

Established Member
Being a newbie to this forum, I probably don't have any right to be posting this. But....I'm sitting here shaking my head at some of these replies. The total lack of respect for L.E.O.s and the service they perform just astounds and saddens me! If this type of attitude is indicative of what you guys have to put up with while putting your lives on the line to protect us, I truly feel for you.

I, for one, appreciate what you do and thank you for your service to our communities.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
pottsy said:
Thing is, I really haven't had any interactions with police save for a couple of speeding tickets. My views hardly reflect my upbringing, which was very conservative and in tune with "good morals/ethics." All that statement proves is that you don't know shit, you're a police officer (or LEO, haha) and certainly NOT someone with a background in family development or psychology. You're entitled to your own hypothesis, but ill be the first to tell you it's dead wrong, and stupid. Then again, you are a police officer, I should know by now not expect any better.

You should quit while you are ahead. Stupidity usually seeks it's own level and you are in over your head at this point and your still sinking...........

03SonicStang

Established Member
I had a bad wreak under the influence, hit a parked car, and I was underage. Ran from the seen of accident; the officers picked me up from an Ex Girl Friends house. They did all the SFST and I passed, got off with Careless driving. THIS WAS THE DUMBEST THING I”VE DONE IN MY LIFE, it was wreak less and I could have killed myself or somebody else. It’s been about 12 years from the accident and sure I’ve had a couple of drinks and drove, maybe over the limit, can’t say for sure. But reading thru this thread with actual officers have changed my mind with even a couple of drinks and driving, NEVER AGAIN FOR ME; just not worth it, 10K I just about S*it myself. I guess I had my head in the sand or something.

I want to say thanks to the LEO’s on this site, and all officers, for the duty servicing the community! And thanks for opening an older guy’s eyes to what the true consequences may be!

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Screamin'SVT said:
It's not as cut and dry as that. I didn't learn my lesson the first time, because the only reason I got a DUI was because I was underage and anything over .02 = DUI. My BAC was .06, and I was certainly not intoxicated or even impaired. The officer acknowledged that there was nothing wrong with my driving save for speeding, but gave me a DUI since I was under 21. From that instance, the lesson I learned is not to drink and drive until I was 21, because impaired or not, it was the law.

Let me explain something to you, at .06 you are impaired whether you feel it or not it is a physiologic certainty!! Additionally the only reason minors with DUI get .02 is to counter effects of medications and such with alcohol. You should not have had any alcohol in you system whatsoever. As a society we dont want new drivers trying to handle a car and alcohol.

Screamin'SVT said:
The second time I got a DUI, I was 21, my BAC was .24, I was driving wrecklessly, and after I got home from the police station the reality set in that I could have seriously hurt myself or someone else on the road. I didn't lose my liscense for over a year after I got the DUI, but I did not drive once even after consuming a single beer. The potential penalties are just too great, so I would get a cab or a ride from a sober friend every single time. Again, that's over a year of not driving after having even a single beer. Looks like I have learned my lesson. But following your logic, every second offender has never and will never learn their lesson, could not possibly be a good person, and should be treated like shit. *edited by moderator*

If you offend for a second time by definition you didnt learn your lesson the first time :shrug:

BTW, before you start flaming and making anymore derogatory comments you need to read and follow the rules.

YOU have a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread